The UNanswered Questions of BO2 Zombies

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe the portrait was the Mexican. It just fits.

Anyway, I just thought of one unanswered question. It's Al's Nikolai quote. People have tried different explanations for it, but it's really just speculation. There is no real satisfying answer as to why Al knows Nikolai's name. (I apologize if this was mentioned already.)

why does the LSAT have "adios" written on the side of it?

this is the same for multiplayer - but it's in zombies as well. some say it's a reference from the movie Alien... I, otherwise, am confused.

I noticed that too just recently in Buried, and that's interesting its in multiplayer too, i always throw camos on my guns so id never noticed it there before...

Has anyone deciphered the quotes that activate once you highlight Die Rise (presumable after doing Tranzit/DieRise easter eggs)

Mine is all Richtofen side, when I go over Die Rise, I hear what sounds like those jet fighter pilots talking but I can't understand what they say.

Has anyone deciphered the quotes that activate once you highlight Die Rise (presumable after doing Tranzit/DieRise easter eggs)

Mine is all Richtofen side, when I go over Die Rise, I hear what sounds like those jet fighter pilots talking but I can't understand what they say.

That happens for every map as long as you have the right Navcard entered in the table for that map.

That happens for every map as long as you have the right Navcard entered in the table for that map.

I already knew that, I am asking if anyone knows what they are saying, or if anyone knows who they are?

I already knew that, I am asking if anyone knows what they are saying, or if anyone knows who they are?

Ah, It just seemed from your post since you only mentioned Die Rise as doing I wasn't sure if you knew they all did. On the topic of seeing id they say anything, we should play backwards and see if that does anything. To me it seems like chatter between two jet pilots for some reason. That's just the feel I get when hearing them.

• Administrators

Something I was confused about, and unfortunately I fear we'll never get answers to, is why we hear these voices in Samuel's head on Die Rise, but NOT in Buried..

Seems like a momentary obstacle which may give us some small insight on what Samuel is capable of. The origin of the sound is still up in the air. Were those moans of the souls trapped within the zombies, or where they something else? That trigger was just left out entirely in Resolution 1295.

Someone made a post a while back about how the grumbling was the same sound clip from Kino der Toten's Gas Zombies. The Jumping Jacks are the descendants of the Gas Zombies. So it makes sense. This is why you only hear the grumbling in Die Rise. Die Rise was the only map that had Jumping Jacks.

And think about it. Richtofen was controlling the Jumping Jacks not unlike the H*llhounds, spawning them from the Aether (or something of that nature). If Samuel is able to hear Richtofen's trans-dimensional voice, wouldn't it make sense he could hear the trans-dimensional Jumping Jacks too?

Someone made a post a while back about how the grumbling was the same sound clip from Kino der Toten's Gas Zombies. The Jumping Jacks are the descendants of the Gas Zombies. So it makes sense. This is why you only hear the grumbling in Die Rise. Die Rise was the only map that had Jumping Jacks.

And think about it. Richtofen was controlling the Jumping Jacks not unlike the H*llhounds, spawning them from the Aether (or something of that nature). If Samuel is able to hear Richtofen's trans-dimensional voice, wouldn't it make sense he could hear the trans-dimensional Jumping Jacks too?

ohhhhhhh

*explosion* mind...blown. thanks MMX, never even knew that the audio was the same and yea wen you think about it, it DOES make sense :lol:

At first It seemed very plausible to me but there are two things that always bugged me about this theory.

First if the noises are from the Jumping Jacks, then why do we also hear them when killing regular Zombies?

Second going through Stuhlinger's audio files for Buried I think he still hears them but the simple reason we don't is because the majority of people didn't like hearing the noises over and over.

Take a look at these quotes

"Don't care what you had to say, your voice was just too f-ing annoying"

"If you really wanna talk to me, do it over the phone"

"You don't exactly act like you want help"

"Lalalala I can't hear you.... that's not really true, I'm just ignoring you"

"I can't hear you!!"

Last but not least in the Die Rise files Jumping Jacks are referred to as "leapers", all the groaning is "zombie_sidequest_zombie_lies/pain/plead"

Samuel even has one (cut) quote where he responds to the noises, 'vox_plr_1_sidequest_zombie_word_d_0'

Reasons the nova6/jumping jack sound familiar could be just Treyarch re-using the audio template.

You only hear the sounds in the map with the Jumping Jacks. That's more than just a coincidence.

You don't hear them while killing regular zombies. You hear them no matter what. Whether there's zombies or no. Whether you're standing or running. Whether you're drinking or shooting. You hear the sounds. What's the constant? You hear them only when you're around Die Rise, only when you're in the place that has the Jumping Jacks.

And you're bending those quote much too far. He says those when fighting zombies. Regular, groaning zombies.

And file names are rarely reliable. Tesla did not invent the DG-2.

You don't hear them while killing regular zombies. You hear them no matter what. Whether there's zombies or no. Whether you're standing or running. Whether you're drinking or shooting. You hear the sounds. What's the constant? You hear them only when you're around Die Rise, only when you're in the place that has the Jumping Jacks.

That's not true, there are three separate groaning files, entitled 'lies' 'pain' and 'plead'

You can trigger one when killing a zombie (any of the three), looking at one while he's walking to you (plead) and they can trigger whenever Maxis' speaks ('lies')

And you're bending those quote much too far. He says those when fighting zombies. Regular, groaning zombies.

Yes he does he says those quotes when he kills a zombie upclose. I don't bend the quotes too far, there's a huge difference between the usual Zombie groans and them trying 'to talk' to Stu. He doesn't mention talking or hearing them in Tranzit or DR, he does it after Die Rise implying he still hears them. I don't hear the others complaining about zombies pleading for help and/or trying to talk to them.

I disagree, Tesla refers to the lightning used int he gun, not sir tesla himself.

Someone made a video comparing the Nova 6 crawlers to the DR cutscene, the sounds are almost identical. So you're not also suggesting Richtofen descends from nova 6 crawlers? Or that he used one to talk to Stu?

That's not true, there are three separate groaning files, entitled 'lies' 'pain' and 'plead'

You can trigger one when killing a zombie (any of the three), looking at one while he's walking to you (plead) and they can trigger whenever Maxis' speaks ('lies')

That's programming talk for I am right. It's a video game. There has to be some triggers for it. So they chose triggers that were very common. No different than if they had triggered it to come up when you do the hokey-pokey with the A button.

Yes he does he says those quotes when he kills a zombie upclose. I don't bend the quotes too far, there's a huge difference between the usual Zombie groans and them trying 'to talk' to Stu. He doesn't mention talking or hearing them in Tranzit or DR, he does it after Die Rise implying he still hears them. I don't hear the others complaining about zombies pleading for help and/or trying to talk to them.

He also doesn't mention anything about switching to his second gun. You are taking it WAAYYY too literally. Why don't we just go ahead and say the characters have a Facebook page?

I disagree, Tesla refers to the lightning used int he gun, not sir tesla himself.

Someone made a video comparing the Nova 6 crawlers to the DR cutscene, the sounds are almost identical. So you're not also suggesting Richtofen descends from nova 6 crawlers? Or that he used one to talk to Stu?

"Tesla" isn't lightning. It's a man and it is a unit of measurement. Neither of these things are present in the DG-2. It's a codename meant to individual the item within the game's files. That is all.

Richtofen is controlling the descendants of the Gas Zombies.

You only hear the sounds in the map with the Jumping Jacks. That's more than just a coincidence.

Umm... Perhaps your Revolution is slightly corrupted.

I always hear the groans, as Samuel, on non-Jumping Jack rounds.

Usually when I kill a zombie.

That's programming talk for I am right. It's a video game. There has to be some triggers for it. So they chose triggers that were very common. No different than if they had triggered it to come up when you do the hokey-pokey with the A button.

Yes then tell me why - if the sounds are supposed to be from the Jumping Jacks, - why they didn't just programmed it so that they could only be triggered - or heard - during the JJ rounds?

Think like Treyarch, if you've made a new boss zombie and said zombie tries to communicate to one of the playable characters, obviously you wouldn't trigger those sounds when killing regular zombies, or doing the sidequests. You would make them trigger when those boss zombies attack said playable character, or when they spawn and/or are killed.

He also doesn't mention anything about switching to his second gun. You are taking it WAAYYY too literally. Why don't we just go ahead and say the characters have a Facebook page?

Because that's obviously a joke, he refers to the Zombies 'talking' 'asking for help' and tries ignoring them, that's not just one single quote like the FB reference we're talking about. Multiple quotes implying that he still hears them, there is no way he is talking about the usual zombie groaning.

Richtofen is controlling the descendants of the Gas Zombies.

That still doesn't explain why he sounds like nova-6 crawlers in the cutscene, Treyarch just re-used the audio template to make his voice sound all messed up. Now does that mean he is a nova-6 crawler? Of course not.

So far the only argument you've provided is that the 'talking' sounds are only featured in a map where Jumping Jacks are also featured. My counter argument is that Stuhlinger still complaints about hearing voices - when he kills zombies close to him -. He didn't have this issue in Tranzit, also the other characters don't have this issue so why Stu and why now?