Pandora's Box -- All Hell Breaks Loose

FatedTitan

In Greek Mythology, there is a story about a woman named Pandora. She was the first woman on earth, created by Zeus. The story can be found here.

http://greece.mrdonn.org/greekgods/pandora.html

As you can see when you read, Pandora opens the box and all the evils of the world come out. Any possible evil you can imagine came from this box.

As I finally achieved completion of Richtofen's Easter Egg and had three other friends prepared to see all of our efforts show a result, I approached the box in the courthouse and pressed the red button. An earthquake happens and Richtofen has now gained all power and is a god. I then went and watched the result of Maxis' ending and found that he takes over and plans to kill all.

I was immediately drawn to this box in the courthouse. It seemed like a very random way to activate all of the towers. There had to be some significance to this box. Why a box? I was then drawn to the myth of Pandora's Box.

Pandora's Box just seems to fit everything that happened. When the big button is pushed, or the box opened if you will, all hell breaks loose. Richtofen goes mad with power and Maxis goes mad with power. Neither of them have good intentions for the earth and it seems that only bad things can come from this. Death for all is never a good thing. It seems that Pandora has opened the box and all hell has broken loose across the earth.

I believe this is the reference that the developers were trying to make with the box. I believe that this box is Pandora's Box for zombies. With it opened, all of the evil imaginable has come out.

One must remember the end of the story though to understand why it's a good thing that the reference is Pandora's Box. While all seems grim. While all seems utterly lost now. There is one thing that also came out of the box. Hope. And having Hope is the best thing that could happen for the storyline.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Hm, that's a very interesting way to look at it. I still think it's just a simple game mechanic meant for accessing the complete ending to either side so the game can verify everyone has done said sides. But in a way, your description of Pandora's Box and what happens when this Buried box is activated (of course, I have yet to even do that part :P ) is very similar.

Very nice connection, friendo. :) I hope to hear tons of elaboration for this.

• 2 weeks later...