How do you think the story will continue?

Buried seemed to leave us on a cliffhanger of sorts with the EE, but with two different EE endings I wonder how the next map will continue off both, please comment what you think but here's my two cents.

Well first off I think treyarc is two lazy to make two storylines based on your choices on the previous map, especially because they'd have to make a third one for all of those who haven't done the EEs, So I looked at both the endings and they could easily both have one outcome, which is extremely smart on treyarc's side since the two endings are completely different, but this is how they could combine.

On Richtofen's ending, he went into Samuel's body, In maxis' ending Maxis says he will give Richtofen a physical body, (Samuel's), so they can combine the stories to both make sense regardless of which ending you picked.

*Edit*

After watching some more videos, I have to come to the conclusion. We are done with the N4 Characters, we are also done with Richtofen and Maxis too.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in the end the other entity (I guess satan?) will screw Maxis/Richtofen over just so we have a singular result in the story. I believe that we will definitely have the O4 back next map, given how Samantha was pretty the only real piece left unresolved.

BTW, the physical body Maxis gave Richtofen was a zombie with blue eyes which spawns occasionally after the egg.

I thought the same thing. But there are so many aspects to it like the eye colour, the announcer etc. And Richtofen supposedly is put in a zombies body, the only one with blue eyes and it gives you a power up always "supposedly". Not to sure there.

The easiest way I can see them do it correctly is to have the original characters return with them playing in Agartha, and the MOTD Announcer as the Announcer. That way gameplay isn't affected (say you play with a friend who had gone Maxis and you Richtofen), and only the easter egg (or parts of it) would be different.

If we are to play as the N4 again, I do have trouble seeing how it can work. But I am sure Treyarch can make it work if they want to go down that path.

I think they will decide the date of the O4 and N4 Infamous 2-style. To decide the canon ending to that game, they looked to see which side more people did their first time through. The good ending won, and now we have Infamous: Second Son.

Personally, I think that if Richtofen's side is more popular, we'll play as the N4, and the O4 will be killed off, or at least not seen till the next zombies game, and vice versa if Maxis' is more popular. My reasoning is that, if Maxis' side wins, the N4 can't really escape his destruction. The O4, however, might still be on the Moon, so they would be safe from him.

Should Richtofen win, however, if he really wants to dispose of the O4, he could just turn them to ash or something. I mean, he literally has control over the entire universe and it's inhabitants.

But, I'm not really a story junkie. I don't think he hates the O4 enough to do that, and I'm not even sure if they can even escape the Earth if Maxis chooses to destroy it. I had just been thinking about the past couple of days, and it kinda makes sense, at least to me.

I'm really hoping for some form of the O4 in the final map, Either playing as O4 and the N4 are interacted with in the EE or play as the N4 and 9interact with O4 in the EE.

The reason I think we will see a return of the O4 is because after you complete the full EE on buried you can play a remixed version of Samantha's lullaby, the fact that this can only be accessed after the full EE makes me think they are telling us what is coming next.

I thought the same thing. But there are so many aspects to it like the eye colour, the announcer etc. And Richtofen supposedly is put in a zombies body, the only one with blue eyes and it gives you a power up always "supposedly". Not to sure there.

The easiest way I can see them do it correctly is to have the original characters return with them playing in Agartha, and the MOTD Announcer as the Announcer. That way gameplay isn't affected (say you play with a friend who had gone Maxis and you Richtofen), and only the easter egg (or parts of it) would be different.

If we are to play as the N4 again, I do have trouble seeing how it can work. But I am sure Treyarch can make it work if they want to go down that path.

Keep in mind that there were FOUR ways to end Buried. You either did Maxis or Richtofen or helped a combo of both. If you're playing with someone who helped the other, then it'd assume you had a combo ending and start from there. Btw, the combo ending was essentially a stalemate.

IMO we pick up as the o4 in dlc 4. I believe we will start in moon and get to agartha via teleportation or another form of sci fi transportation.

As for maxis and Richtofen. I believe this confirms that Samuel wil indeed turn. Because as said in op both endings have Richtofen taking physical form. However on maxis side Richtofen ends up a "regular" zombie. In order for it to make any sense Samuel must turn. I do me believe however we are done with Richtofen or maxis seeing as maxis is the announcer.

Just my opinion.

It's going to be interesting.

However, I've got a gut feeling only one side is canon. Maxis'.

Why?

Richtofen's ending is simple. He kills/banishes Maxis. The end of their rivalary.

Richtofen has no more trouble as the world is his own plaything.

Whereas Maxis' ending is much more darker and hints to the story being far from over.

I think that we will play as the O4. That way, regardless of who you sided with for all of the Easter Eggs, you can play as the O4 and attempt to undo the damage done. Maybe if You sided with Maxis Richtofen will help you undo what has been done, and vice versa. Or maybe Samantha will have you do something, seeing as she is probably still in Richtofen's body.

Anyway, that's my vote. I think it'll be the O4 in either France, or the Aether.

Of course, Treyarch almost always catches me by surprise. The only thing that I ever called was Maxis being a bad guy (or at least, not good guy).