3rd DLC Wonder Weapon Speculation-Pattern of Wonder Weapons?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you add a description under the video summarizing the content of it? That would be very helpful. ;)

Going with your theory, I think that we may see a Wonder Weapon that delivers splash damage. Treyarch had trouble adding in window boards in MotD to avoid game crashes. If the next map is as detailed as MotD, then the Baby Gun would be extremely hard to put in to avoid game crashes. I think we may see a gun almost like the Ray Gun, killing zombies in a close proximity quickly with a high fire rate and a lot of reserve ammo. It would have to do more damage than the Ray Gun, and look different.

I think a "classic" wonder weapon would be nice. You know, where 1 shot = 24 kills regardless of what round it is.

However, since BOII has seemingly gone in a new direction, that's not likely. However, i'd like to see them take some feedback and ideas from fans. 'twould be nice.

Specifically, i'd like to see... LASERS. We've had every type of weapon, from plasma rays to micro waves. they're beating around the bush with the most iconic sci-fi weapon ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bit of a theory for the Ghost and most likely buildable wonder gun for this map. I've been thinking about the ghost looking reminiscent of Sarah Winchester, widow of William Winchester. She was into spirits and the other side. While the house the ghost is in a house that isnt so Victorian, her clothing is more so. She had the house built onto for the pleasure of the spirits she had contacted. Long story short the house was somewhat BURIED after a 1906 earthquake...

As for the wonder gun Im thinking along the lines of Lever Action Rifle(with old fashion telescope) perhaps similar to the scavenger for CotD or Dragoon/Hand Cannon style revolver similar to Winters Howl. For both you will have to go into the house in which the ghost is found/protecting and have the giant open the room that contained the items. Maybe the rifle could be a black powder gun that shoots a mini cannon ball(so 1 shot and you have to reload). And perhaps the revolver sets the zombies on fire like a PaPd Olympia.

Specifically, i'd like to see... LASERS. We've had every type of weapon, from plasma rays to micro waves. they're beating around the bush with the most iconic sci-fi weapon ever.

I'm hella psychic.

Just saiyan.

thought that same thing wen i read this post, you called it.

"just saiyan" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

DaPikmin, while the Jetgun may not technically be a WW, it is a one-hit and has infinit ammunition, if used correctly.

I think the WW of the last map will be something similar to the Wunderwaffe or like someone said above, a laser gun. It could shoot a tight yellow burst that goes forever in one direction, killing everything in its way instantly.

And Stop Mocking Me, it wouldn't crash, just lag for a second. A fix for this would be by making each kill slightly delayed, as with the Wunderwaffe, Sliquifier, etc.

DaPikmin, while the Jetgun may not technically be a WW, it is a one-hit and has infinit ammunition, if used correctly.

I think the WW of the last map will be something similar to the Wunderwaffe or like someone said above, a laser gun. It could shoot a tight yellow burst that goes forever in one direction, killing everything in its way instantly.

And Stop Mocking Me, it wouldn't crash, just lag for a second. A fix for this would be by making each kill slightly delayed, as with the Wunderwaffe, Sliquifier, etc.

Then thats not really the thunder gun is it?

Then thats not really the thunder gun is it?

I wasn't aware anyone was talking about the Thundergun.

Hmm how about a melee wonder weapon? Get it from the box and maybe a one-hit until a high round or maybe even forever. This may seem over powered, but it'll practically be useless when training anyway. Give it some insane range and make it compatible with both Ballistic Knife and Tactical Knife (see my future of PaP thread) and you got yourself something awesome.

One thing this would be useful for is doing quick errands on a high round. Any zombie that gets in your way can be quickly dealt with, avoiding getting trapped.

Hmm how about a melee wonder weapon? Get it from the box and maybe a one-hit until a high round or maybe even forever. This may seem over powered, but it'll practically be useless when training anyway. Give it some insane range and make it compatible with both Ballistic Knife and Tactical Knife (see my future of PaP thread) and you got yourself something awesome.

One thing this would be useful for is doing quick errands on a high round. Any zombie that gets in your way can be quickly dealt with, avoiding getting trapped.

Are you the person that thought of the electric sword? I think it'd be great, but...

1 hit x infinity is not something that would be practical. There is no sense in having a one hit kill for every zombie as you play, especially when playing in multiplayer. Dividing the zombies attention between two people, then giving them a "God Weapon" would just make it so the game was almost pointless to play. Combined with Jug and QR the person(s) wielding this weapon could be near invinicible.

What I do think of a Wonder Melee is that there should be much more it can do, much like you said. My theory for it would be to have it 1 hit for 6-13 rounds, and be able to hit 3-5 zombies per melee. But a clincher for it would be, once you hit that round after the 1 hits, the sword, which i think WunderSabre would be a cool name for, would leave a shock in the afflicted zombie, and shot a zombie that comes with in a very small window of area, thus taking down its health and the others around it. This would be an amazing thing to have for the hordes, because even though the wielder of the weapon may die, the shock is slowly knocking them down, thus helping your teammates (if any) to take them down quicker to revive you.