The Golden Spork and the Silver Spoon

Hello there. This will be relatively short. Some of you may know this already, but I just found out, so I wanted to share in case others don't know.

When doing the various tasks in Mob of the Dead, you can acquire a Golden Spork. To get it, you must acquire the Silver Spoon. However, Mob of the Dead introduces FOUR melee weapons.

First of all, you use the Shiv rather than the standard Knife. (A Zombies first.)

Secondly, you have a new variant of the Zombie Shield.

Third, you have the Golden Spork.

But what some of you might not know is that the Silver Spoon is also a melee weapon.

It can just be hard to tell due to the unappealing color. To get the Golden Spork, you must hand over your Silver Spoon. So, just as the H*ll's Redeemer can be considered the "upgraded" H*ll's Retriever, the Golden Spork can be considered the "upgraded" Silver Spoon.

At this time I do not know the damage of the Silver Spoon. I do not know whether it falls halfway between the Shiv and Golden Spork or if it is just the same as the Shiv.

Also, something to note, there are two models of both the Silver Spoon and the Golden Spork: first-person and third-person. The Silver Spoon's third-person model is animated to spin around. Treyarch did this so that it would stir the blood when you put it in the bathtub. However, the Silver Spoon also still stirs in mid-air when an observer looks at your character. This effect carries over to the Golden Spork. This is why the Silver Spoon and Golden Spork are the fastest melee weapons to date: Treyarch was trying to hide the fact that utensils are flying around your character by making them so super fast.

I would like to thank PINNAZ for pointing me in the right direction on this discovery as well as vDeltaGamingv for testing it for me.

Thank you for your time.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Good experimentation. They are relatively similar in first person view, but I'm quite sure it's because we aren't able to quickly see the difference in melee weapons. The same goes for third person, but it is correct to say that we are starting off with shivs.

So the utensils are actually floating around us at lightning speeds until we activate the bathtub? Fascinating.

Wow, I thought that was known. Damn I missed my opportunity to be first on something xD.

I know for a fact it is OHK until at least round 7 (the round I obtained it and immediately tested)

Because of this I don't stir the tub until immediately before I begin the latter part of obtaining the Spork.

Nice MMX. Never knew about the shiv, but actually I did know about the silver spoon replacing your shiv once you pick it up. Does the silver spoon have the same damage rate as the shiv? Might be an interesting experiment.

Also - can we get a few pictures in here? Namely of someone meleeing with the shiv, spoon, & spork. I can help you get the photos too, if you don't have them already.

So, just as the H*ll's Redeemer can be considered the "upgraded" H*ll's Retriever, the Golden Spork can be considered the "upgraded" Silver Spoon.

Really? You won't write the word hell?

Why does it matter? You still were able to understand perfectly what he is talking about. It's a matter of choice, some are more courteous than others - there's no reason to drag this thread off- topic. This is about the different melee weapons in MotD, not about word choice. Move along, everyone.

Wow, I thought that was known. Damn I missed my opportunity to be first on something xD.

I know for a fact it is OHK until at least round 7 (the round I obtained it and immediately tested)

Because of this I don't stir the tub until immediately before I begin the latter part of obtaining the Spork.

Oh really? I'd love to find out for sure some day, but I've got more pressing stuff to do at the moment. : P

So, just as the H*ll's Redeemer can be considered the "upgraded" H*ll's Retriever, the Golden Spork can be considered the "upgraded" Silver Spoon.

No, I do not. It is against my ethics.

Nice MMX. Never knew about the shiv, but actually I did know about the silver spoon replacing your shiv once you pick it up. Does the silver spoon have the same damage rate as the shiv? Might be an interesting experiment.

Also - can we get a few pictures in here? Namely of someone meleeing with the shiv, spoon, & spork. I can help you get the photos too, if you don't have them already.

Why does it matter? You still were able to understand perfectly what he is talking about. It's a matter of choice, some are more courteous than others - there's no reason to drag this thread off- topic. This is about the different melee weapons in MotD, not about word choice. Move along, everyone.

Not sure about the damage, Grill. But it'd be interesting to find out. If you'd like to get photos, we could arrange a Theater mode watching sometime. Thanks Grill.

I knew about the silver spoon but it has two separtet pieces that float around you in a super quick orbit (or did I read that wrong??)

That is insane! Going into theater when I get off work, unless you would be kind enough to link me to something as I DO believe you, I just want to see it for myself.