The Real Brutus............

Hello Codz.

This is just a fun thread I thought I should share.

There has been some speculation as to who Brutus actually is?

- Is Brutus really the guard Ferguson?

- Is Brutus the controller?

- Is Brutus the Warden?

Well, I think I figured out who Brutus really is.....

It has alot to do with Brian Tuey.

For those that don't know who Brian Tuey is, he is Treyarch's Audio Director & he has been responsible for most of the awesome sounds that have gone into every Zombie Map, from the easter egg songs to the creepy sounds you've heard in any corner of any map. He is a legend of the Call of Duty: Zombies game.

Anyway, on topic.

Brutus is really Brian Tuey's Dog:- Brutus, "a giant pit-bull that clocks in at about 90 pounds"

Brutus has been used for his sounds & speech abilities since at-least World at War & is probably responsible for alot of the Hellhound sounds.

Taken from the World at War Intel Blog around the time of Shi No Numa

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/worldatwar/blog/2011/10/17/developer-focus-brian-tuey-audio-director

We were recording my dog in our internal VO booth during development for our dog sounds. He’s a giant pit-bull named Brutus (he clocks in at about 90 pounds). He’s really smart and can do all kinds of tricks if I coax him enough. So, we were trying to get little whiny sounds recorded for “pain” sounds. Obviously, I’m not about to hurt my dog, but I discovered not long ago that if I hold up a treat and ask him to “meow”, he’ll whine a lot. Usually.

So, I’m in the voice booth on my hands and knees, begging my 90-pound monster of a Pit Bull to “meow”. I turned around and staring at me through the glass were about 20 cameras and lots of peering faces.

So when Mob of the Dead was released & we were introduced to the character named "Brutus", I sent a twitter message to Brian asking if his dog is still used in the game. Though it doesn't confirm anything, I think this is where the name Brutus comes from. As I said, this is just a fun thread. 8-)

I wasn't going to post this but anyway, here is a Twitter post in which I received a reply. (I hope you don't mind Brian....)

Though that was as far as the conversation went, he did 'Favourite' the 2nd one.

Brian Tuey, your an absolute Legend of COD: Zombies & so is your dog Brutus. Much respect my friend.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff here PINNAZ.

Also, the fact that "Brutus" was a character from Dante's Inferno who was sent to the lowest level of Hell to face Lucifer made the name Brutus even more fitting of a name for the boss character.

Well, at least we know where the name comes from now.

Great digging here my friend! :)

It made me laugh picturing a man kneeling with a treat asking an almost 100 pound pit bull to meow.

LMAO! honorable humor, you have.