Frustrated - BO II Double Slaps - Plz Help

Ugh. Got in a match with someone on MOTD and one of them was real good. Usually a chance to get pumped up and play like a Boss. And after the horrid weekend of Zombies, (seriously never seen it this bad: rage quits, screamers, trolls, I think a 4 year old named "Pistachio" once, general incompetence, a level of stupid that would make anyone else cringe and bad language used in the wrong lobbies at the wrong time) this game seemed perfect.

And I could not stay up. After about 17 rounds, with only an issue at the bridge, my money started hemorrhaging and my patience started to seriously fray. Do not consider myself an angry gamer. And 98% of the time I am patient with others and usually myself. Found that disappearing down the rabbit hole as I could not stay up for long. And my frustrations with BO II were hard to let go.

So if anyone has some help. Some ideas. Seen the same thing. Wanted to pass along a story. Vent. Tell me I'm wrong. Please. Just hearing some opinions would be appreciated. What is the thing that is causing me to ponder reflex-throwing my controller? We had an update that changed the mechanics of the zombies. And it is literally killing me. Way too often. I noticed it on Farm on the night of the update. Got caught from behind and slapped down without Jug. Never remember that kind of Down before. And many more were to follow.

It seems that hoarding / training zombs was different. They were more active and willing to drop you right away. ie. 2 zombs in a hallway and you make a move to go around ... SPLAT ... hit the ground. The first few days were simply awful. Had a horrid time playing and once you throw in an unknown that creates indecision there is no end of how bad you can play. And it became a literal tipping point for whether I could let it go and keep playing or walk away from it entirely. Personally, if true, I felt betrayed and angry. You keep all kinds of quirky in-game habits in place, ie. wallguns and perks that will ignore your suggestion that they be bought when in a rush, but the basic movements of the zombies are a changeable option.

So here we are 2 DLC's and Nuketown later and I let it go. Played a lot. And never felt I received an answer here or elsewhere as to these supposed changes. And there must be some basic gameplay that I am bringing from BO I that simply does not work well here. I am dropping where it never happened before with any regularity. Cutting back or trying to screen shake them (this is still a project at the time. :) )is not working often enough to get trusted.

What I believe I have seen pretty regularly on BO II zombies:

1. They are more prone to double-slapping. A lot more.

2. There are places on maps that I cannot run far into the 20's before disaster will strike. And they should be fine places to run. The Roof on Die Rise / The Dock on MOTD.

3. Zombies in trains seem to often behave as if they are lulled to sleep a bit. The first and last one seem more dangerous. And any stragglers you are trying to train coming in late are lethally dangerous for a slap. Or two.

A few days ago I had bled out on MOTD as the rest had gone to the bridge. On the dock. Came back next round with low cash (a ray gun and boring early rounds for too long will bite you on the backend if you go down a few times) and bought the Tommy. Got enough for Jug. Went down the back alley next to Jug. Cut back a few times to group 'em and went down the far wall. They were not really trained yet. Maybe 15 zombs. And about 6 able to hit me. Got slapped the heck up by seemingly all of them and hit the ground. I was so angry it surprised me.

Are we facing a game almost unplayable without Jug? Or are long slow curls around the Cafeteria or Shower the only way? How does this affect the playability of this game? Or have I been creating fiction in my head and nothing has changed? Look forward to any comments. And if negative I put on my big boy pants to be prepared.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

zombies IS different,and harder since the update.I havent got MOTD yet as im on ps3,but running the roof on die rise doesnt work well,and it should! :evil: And without jug?dear lord,i wont even play die rise without perma jug,almost impossible to get to the bowie alive and with enough points!Perma jug is a must have!and this isnt coming from a total newb either,go ahead and click my sig for scores.ehhhhh black ops 2...grrr..

• Administrators

Well, there are actually quite a few differences I have noticed as well since Black Ops II was released. It certainly is a tad harder than expected, but Black Ops is much worse as World at War is the ultimate bad guy of difficulty.

Some things I've noticed about BOII:

[*:1478dqta]Double-slaps are very common now, sometimes happening in even one hit. It's been lessened over the years, but we still face the dilemma of windmilling zombies. It's funny, because the walkers are usually the ones at fault for this.
    [*:1478dqta]Speaking of walkers, those things will be your ultimate downfall. It's easier to train a good 20+ zombies in whatever path you choose to run, but the walkers will block that said path immediately without hesitation.
    [*:1478dqta]Zombies do not run in straight lines anymore. Ascension really popularized this with the side-stepping and barrelrolling zombies, but now it's permanent. You'll find that zombies will almost be side by side in conga lines, and rarely ever move straight towards you. In fact, once they reach you, they've become smarter in encircling you so there's no escape (if you dare to stop/trap yourself).
    [*:1478dqta]The hit detection for both the players and zombies is awkward. Sometimes you won't receive damage whatsoever, while other times one small hit can take you down even with Juggernog. I don't even know what to make of this.

ureally need 2 screenshake i stopped after NML bt after playing nuketown n grief i screenshake ALLLLLLLLLLL da time on any game mode it makes u alot better n da comments u get 4rm spectators AWESOME, i go full rounds sumtimes witout evn gettin hit once!n i get right n their faces,wat ive seen sumtimes that i use 2 my advantage is if U (ur player) runs at da zombie they gt confused they stop n swing,i wud like2 post sum vids up 1day,being able 2 dodge zombies n do crazy moves is my thing it keeps things fun to watch n enjoyable,i understand we all hv bad days man best thing u cud do is spectate n study

Here's how I avoid this:

1: DON'T PLAY IN LOCAL MODE! IT'S ALL KINDS OF FUDGED UP!

2: Always back away from zombies while knife-ing, as soon as you cut, back away, it should become easier after that...

3: Juggernog is the holy grail: Get it fast, get it first, and know where it is! (Nuketown your just screwed unless you get it soon...)

4: corners are evil, as well as passage ways... Avoid them the best you can...

5: Monkeys will not save you if your trapped, it takes about 2.3 seconds to throw one and if your trapped, that's not a whole lot of good! (Don't worry though, they're still helpful for other things)

6; Emps sleepers are not an excuse to go running through a horde!

7: The sheild is SUPER exploitable! Seriously you can be compleatly surrounded, and still have enough time to whip it out and PUNCH those truckers back to their graves!

8: Every map has a way DIRRECTLY to the good stuff in black ops 2... Save a zombie and take the bus, use the freight elevator to get to power before round 1, or even use the gondola to get to the docks quickly! ...

Except nuketown... Nuketown just head for the box...

Just as StopMockingMe just said: use the SHEILD! Just keep it on your back and go about what you would normally do.

I got trapped in a corner a few days ago and it seemed that even zombies in FRONT of me were only hitting the shield. It was about round 28, I had five zombies in front of me and who knows how many behind me, and I only took 3 hits in about 6 seconds, trapped in the corner in the cafeteria. I was able to kill a few in front of me and make it our alive. Without the shield, I would have gone down in a heartbeat.

Also, don't get so frustrated when you have a bad game. If everything always went perfect for you then you wouldn't ever be getting better. What I love about BO2, is that it took drove me to my peak because of how challenging it can be (specifically MOTD).

If you need more practice, try playing a few games without ever getting jug. Learn to play it safe but figure out your limits, and try to expand them. Go back to NML if you want, too. That's probably the best training you can get in zombies.

Good luck, and keep slaying! Don't let a bad game put you down!

ureally need 2 screenshake i stopped after NML bt after playing nuketown n grief i screenshake ALLLLLLLLLLL da time on any game mode it makes u alot better n da comments u get 4rm spectators AWESOME, i go full rounds sumtimes witout evn gettin hit once!n i get right n their faces,wat ive seen sumtimes that i use 2 my advantage is if U (ur player) runs at da zombie they gt confused they stop n swing,i wud like2 post sum vids up 1day,being able 2 dodge zombies n do crazy moves is my thing it keeps things fun to watch n enjoyable,i understand we all hv bad days man best thing u cud do is spectate n study

Would really like to see yours or anyone else's video's for some suggestions.

I didnt read everything but let me give ya a tip.

SOMETIMES, you can actually dodge a zombie slap. OF COURSE, you should REALLY be using knife unless rounds 1-3 but if you want to get the last 2 knifes in quickly, simply knife the zombie, duck immediately, and stand up slice.

I ADVISE YOU PRACTICE. Timing is crucial. Last i checked, this was still possible. Realyl helped me :D

Here's a bit of advice for you. While spraying at a zombie that is right in your face, it messes with their attacking animation, and they can't hit you. Combine this with a couple of headshots and you'll be able to quickly dispatch any zombie who tries to mess with you in close quarters without ever taking a hit