Solo MotD better than party MotD? Pros and Cons

Obviously this thread is all based on opinion and individual thoughts, but my question is do you think solo mob of the dead is better than multiplayer mob of the dead or vice versa? explain your thoughts.

I have a couple opinions on advantages i believe make Solo MotD better than party MotD.

1. No randoms trying to troll.

2. Can carry all plane parts at once.

3. 3 Afterlife chances.

4. No random lag-outs/rage quits

But there can also be some advantages to Party play on MotD, such as;

1. Can work on individual hellhound heads for tomahawk.

2. Can work on opening things individually.

3. Players can revive you if you are not close enough to body and are running out of afterlife and/or if you are out of afterlifes and are legitimately down.

4. Basically overall good team-work.

In return, there are pros and cons to each way the game can be played, but what do you prefer and why?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Can work on individual hellhound heads for tomahawk.

2. Can work on opening things individually.

3. Players can revive you if you are not close enough to body and are running out of afterlife and/or if you are out of afterlifes and are legitimately down.

4. Basically overall good team-work.

I think it's better online, except for the plane building. But don't play with complete randoms! Always try to have someone play with you from your friends list whenever you start matchmaking :)

Its not that I play with randoms, I play with a party every chance I get but if I cant get a party goin, solo seems to be my safety-net. There are special pros when it comes to solo, for example; I made it to round 26 in party and party games usually end around 20-25 but on solo, my first solo game on Mob, I made it to 36. Training doesnt get tedious on solo and if it does you dont have to worry about panic-crossing trains.

One of the things about solo specially in beginning rounds, if you go down in a tiny room and surrounded by horde you are pretty much done for the game. It's pretty tough to get out unless you have a decent gun.

Eg: By roof or Infirmary where the tubs are, those tiny rooms will kill you.

I was watching PerfectLemonade at round 60+ and he barely got out of the deadshot room with the Vitriolic withering in hand.

WAgS9e_iUm0

Sharing access to the ZShield in the cafeteria or docks sucks in co-op.

In Solo, there is no debate over who gets the Blundergat.

Solo rounds move by a lot faster.

People can't ragequit on you in Solo.

Teammates can help you extend your afterlife in co-op, and revive you.

You can train on the bridge and still get Max Ammos via your teammates in Co-op.

You can carry all parts simultaneously in Solo.

It takes more work to kill hoards of zombies using traps in co-op.

There's more, but this is good for starts. Personally I think Solo is better in this map but it's my opinion.

For a serious high-round run I always prefer solo. I also find it boring as hell. I think every map is a lot more fun when playing with a friend or a few, even if you don't make it nearly as far. It seems a lot of people's cons against co-op have to do with playing with randoms.... I never play with randoms so I can't really speak for that.

Its not that I play with randoms, I play with a party every chance I get but if I cant get a party goin, solo seems to be my safety-net. There are special pros when it comes to solo, for example; I made it to round 26 in party and party games usually end around 20-25 but on solo, my first solo game on Mob, I made it to 36. Training doesnt get tedious on solo and if it does you dont have to worry about panic-crossing trains.

Yeah, when I first played with my brother on it we got to round 20, with no strategy videos watched or anything.

But still, respect to the randoms :D ! Me and a random (now my friend on XBL) got the Pop goes the Weasel achievement!

But yeah, if you're going for round 40+ then go solo or split-screen, at least then you can pause for a toilet break or for food instead of trusting a n00b to keep a zombie!

Bye,

Epic out

Ah! The pausing ability! I totally forgot to add that as a major pro for solo play. Thanks for the reminder. Also, yeah some randoms with mics can be good team-mates in the end, i just actually got done playing a game with 2 randoms and my bro and made it to like 25 with my upgraded tommohawk, blundergat, m14, and golden spork

Ah! The pausing ability! I totally forgot to add that as a major pro for solo play. Thanks for the reminder. Also, yeah some randoms with mics can be good team-mates in the end, i just actually got done playing a game with 2 randoms and my bro and made it to like 25 with my upgraded tommohawk, blundergat, m14, and golden spork

Yeah I know, on black ops zombies me and 3 randoms got to round 25+ on kino, and the only down I had was when the game ended! And nobody ragequit!

But make sure you don't get these types of randoms:

The whiny brat that complains you're not defending them (they usually suck at zombies)

The underage player (no explanation needed here, they're just annoying

The overall useless player (goes down every round, needs constant babysitting)

BOX HOGS (seriously, these guys think the box is better than anything else)

Edit: I just played a game last night, and forgot to add someone to the list: THE TROLL! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But just stay away from these types, and I'm sure you'll be alright playing public matches ;)

I almost always play with other people. I used to love playing solo, but I just hate having that "alone" feeling. Most randoms I play with are decent, but sometimes I'll get that one kid who always steals kills in the early rounds, refuses to open doors, and keeps a part to make sure no one can build anything.

Anyway, I personally prefer co-op MotD. It's just more fun when you kill zombies with other people. :D