New sound upon entering the tunnel?

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I have not seen anyone speak of it yet.

When I played a solo match on Tranzit a couple of days back, I head what appeared to be a loud engine when I was entering the tunnel from the Diner.

I played solo everyday on Tranzit for over a month, using a Turtle Beach headset, and until the other day, I had never heard this sound before.

I had taken a few weeks break from Tranzit, but I know the map like the back of my hand, and have noticed the subtle differences, each time something is changed, and I am sure this is new.

It is a strange this to bring up, and it probably means nothing, but why add this sound effect now? What purpose would it have?

Still, I am positive I had never heard it before, and now can.

Anyone else notice this?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aint to sure what your on about, but i went on tranzit erlier jst to test something quickly, and when i got a double points, it dident jst say "double points" str8 away the guy was sayin shiz like "*cough cough* sorry jst needed to warm up there DOUBLE POINTS" something like that lol was weird, any 1 else heard this before?

aint to sure what your on about, but i went on tranzit erlier jst to test something quickly, and when i got a double points, it dident jst say "double points" str8 away the guy was sayin shiz like "*cough cough* sorry jst needed to warm up there DOUBLE POINTS" something like that lol was weird, any 1 else heard this before?

This quote from Richtofen is normally heard when you play the game for the first time. It is his introductory quote, when you first collect a power up.

It goes... "Aaaaargh...(cough, cough) excuse me, just getting used to the aether"

Then it is followed by whatever power up quote you collected.

Did you go into a local match?

The sound I am talking about is like the noise of an engine running... loudly, when you are at the very beginning of the tunnel, when coming from the Diner.

You can't really miss it... It's pretty noticable.

oooo yh i was trying something on a other account of mine wich ive never played tranzit on before :) so thats probaly why, thanx bro xD

No probs. A lot of people forgot about that quote, and have brought it up many times thinking it was something new.

It is easy to forget, seeing as you usually got it in the depot on your first play, and never heard it again.

Same goes for the quote when you picked up the Navcard, or built the table.

Easily forgotten. lol

ive never heard the sound of the engine, but ive heard the bus honk when entering the tunnel.

i posted about it and didnt get much feedback.. other than acouple people who had heard the same thing.

somethings fishy about the tunnel..

3 outcomes here i see,

its nothing.

its true, but maybe a sign of things to come.

its true, we missed something.

Spellcheck, man. That was hard to read.

On Topic: I don't play much TranZit, never heard it. Well, according to CoD Elite I have 1600+ hours on TranZit :lol: Just never heard it while playing.

perhaps the sound you heard was the "underground train" that can be heard occasionally. I am just shooting in the dark here.

Yeah, I am fully aware of the underground train sound that can be heard in town, and yes, it did sound similar... only MUCH louder.

I have tried this since I posted the message, and it can still be heard.

Walking from the diner towards the tunnel, as you first come to the entrance, it can be heard. The Denizens can be very distracting, but you can still hear the sound very clearly.

I am just a little surprised, that after walking over 4000 in-game miles around Green Run, I have only just noticed this now.

To me, it sounds like a generator running above the tunnel, but why now?, maybe it is just new ambient sounds they have added, but just seems weird to do it now... 4 months after release!?!

I mentioned awhile back that I hear something when running in the tunnel on that side. I don't know what it is but I do hear it and have since the beginning.

I have a theory that as we do EE in the DLC's that things may change in Green Run.. IE: mending the rift in time Richtofen created. Not sure if what you're hearing is new altogether but I'm curious if it is being triggered by doing the EE on Die Rise.

I'm a big sound guy so definitely interested in this. Is there any chance you can take a picture of the location you are talking about? Even a phone pic would atleast show us the exact location so I can pinpoint it and experiment with it as well.

Sound wise I know of the semi truck with the weird noise to the left of the front entrance to tunnel (coming from bus depot). There's another location but can't remember off the top of my head. One other note about the tunnel exit (towards diner) is if you use a PaP RPD you can see what would be a lamppost light reflecting off the top. You can do this with any weapon to see it but the flat top of the RPD and shiny PaP camo makes it easier to see.

Specifically the location to see the green lamppost light reflecting off your weapon is near the rock wall on the left side leaving the tunnel. I was always curious but after seeing the "yellow orbs" in windows I just chalked it up to a lighting glitch as well, if its near your sound though it might be reason enough to investigate further

I'm a big sound guy so definitely interested in this. Is there any chance you can take a picture of the location you are talking about? Even a phone pic would atleast show us the exact location so I can pinpoint it and experiment with it as well.

I am not able to take a picture at the moment, as I am at work, but can tell you that the sound is heard at the exact point of entry to the tunnel, when entering from the Diner side.

Exactly as you first enter the tunnel, the engine sound is heard, then when you move a few feet in either direction, the sound fades.

To me, it sounds like is coming from above the tunnel, rather than from a vehicle nearby.

Still, it may just be that they have amplified the SFX more with a recent update, but still seems to stand out more than most noises in-game.

Very strange...

Here you go its at this gate, that it is the loudest although I swear you can hear it now through the whole tunnel. Kinda reminds me of like a wind tunnel only in the earth rushing through it into the tunnel somewhere you know like a Hollow Earth would sound......duh duh duh duh :o:o:o

This is coming from the bus depot on your right

Really...

Just looked through this post and no one is getting anywhere...

Cant you just go into theater mode?

If not, then just come to the decision that it was the normal, standard bus... you either missed this. Or you had your volume up and it was leaving the diner.

Seriously... this entire post is going off of a TEXT description. No proof. None.

Really...

Just looked through this post and no one is getting anywhere...

Cant you just go into theater mode?

If not, then just come to the decision that it was the normal, standard bus... you either missed this. Or you had your volume up and it was leaving the diner.

Seriously... this entire post is going off of a TEXT description. No proof. None.

I take it you own a copy of Black Ops 2, yes?

How about you start a game of Tranzit, keep a zombie at the end of round 1, and then casually stroll up to the tunnel and check it out yourself?

Less hassle than it would take for me to upload a clip to Youtube, and you would also be able to examine it yourself without having to reference someone elses work.

Not everything that gets posted needs PROOF you know. I posted it to ask if anyone knew what the sound was, or why now... not to prove I am telling the truth.

Go into a game and stop being lazy, or just ignore it and move on.

Jeez...

Back when TranZit was exploding- I remember people saying something about a noise, like an engine or train or what have ya, running in certain spots of the tunnel. I personally have investigated that, and did find that noise (for me it was loudest towards the middle of the tunnel). However, I don't recall experiencing it during live play- it was always in theater mode, and I was a bit weary of it at first, since (when in free roam) you can very easily get the noise of the bus running, and other background noises- same as the blurred vision you get when you run over lava or get hit on yer person while away in free roam... Anyhow- I am intrigued enough to try it. The tunnel is an anomaly of sorts; makes sense something could be around besides parts to pick up. For that matter- same with Nacht and the cabin. Something to keep in mind as updates and DLC's drop.