Mini-DLCs and Taking out two birds with 500MSP

Alright so we all know about trayarch's release of the mini-dlc for nuketown and the cameos recently, and I got thinking: Why don't they do this for more zombies maps?

Think about it: Trayarch could assign a special team specifically designed to take the previous map from the previous dlc (In nuketown's case it would be the origional game) and make a Grief, Turnned, or Survival map(s) for it two months later!

So in case of die rise here's what would happen: We get nuketown released for everyone, then we get the second dlc, but THEN we get another MINI-DLC drop! But instead of nuketown zombies this time we get: A Greif/Survival/ Turrned map for die rise!

How cool would that be? And with everyone paying an extra 5$ to get it not only does it give trayarch more time for more maps, but it also screws us over by making us pay more! Hurray! We're being conned!

But seriously, a turned/greif map could totally be epic for die rise!

Will post threads about how the map could hold these soon! Please converse about the idea of mini-Dlc drops having more party-maps (That's what I'm calling Greif Turrned and Survival)!

Greif! http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=29728

Turned! http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=29763

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grief! Grief! Grief! Its a shame that they already haven't made bus depot, nuketown, and certain regions of die rise playable for grief. Bus depot would be great as the challenge its designed to be (no perks), nuketown is the perfect size with ideal choke points to block enemies, and Die Rise seems like the a map made for unique griefing techniques with tight areas and great opportunities to hit people off the edges.

The biggest problem with doing something like this at the moment is the current matchmaking system in zombies, where the player base is spread very thin with the allowance of picking both map and mode. This was a great method originally when zombies had one mode and people searched for a map. At the most the player base would be spread between 10 playlists; one for each map. Now in black ops 2 we already have 9 playlists when searching for a game due to the added modes.

To add more maps for grief, survival, turned and whatever future modes they make, treyarch will have to take a more 'multiplayer like' standpoint with their matchmaking, otherwise the playerbase in each playlist will be so thin that its impossible to find a game. The best way to do this would be putting all maps of a particular mode into one playlist for versus modes like grief, turned etc. And maintaining the current structure for co-op modes survival, tranzit, die rise, etc.

So ultimately, i think it would be best to have a playlist for each individual map in coop modes (because when people go to play survival on town they dont want to put on bus depot). Then for versus modes (including turned, grief, etc.), similar to the system in multiplayer, each mode would have its own playlist with multiple maps that could be voted on in a prematch lobby.

Anyone agree?

Grief would be something of great importance to adding new elements in existing maps. New items, new mechanics to griefing, and possibly new objects to further the grief tactics? I can see Nuketown being a great map for this occasion.

cosign!

grief is super fun, and would love to see some sections of die rise as grief maps, as well as nuketown. and the items part is especially cool and i was disappointed that there weren't more "griefing" items involved originally. i think they should completely eliminate the knifing/shooting other team players and instead create new items that would themselves make it tougher for the other team to survive

I really hate turned. I don't mind Grief, but I think they should also release a Diner Grief/Survival pack for free or 400 msp I wouldn't mind either, lol.

I really would also like some new survival maps to hold us over until the next DLC. Multiplayer gets camos so we should get something aswell

I really hate turned. I don't mind Grief, but I think they should also release a Diner Grief/Survival pack for free or 400 msp I wouldn't mind either, lol.

I really would also like some new survival maps to hold us over until the next DLC. Multiplayer gets camos so we should get something aswell

Exactly, after every dlc, halfway through to the release of the next dlc, we receive a mini dlc with content for the last dlc, composing of greif turned and maybe survival maps for the previous dlc... We got nuketown this time around because there is just no more need for another gameplay area in green run...

maybe a roof survival map. we already have a box location up there. the elevators could work the same way. so sometimes they would be there and sometimes they wouldn't. they could have 3 perks and the pack a punch machine or just put a 4th perk machine somewhere else. they already have a perfect amount of doors. all they would have to do is add some debris so you couldn't jump to trample steam.

only thing I could see being the issue with a survival or grief mode is that why would the cia and fbi be in china?

What I want:

Survival on Diner. I'm surprised they didn't add it when they added Turned to diner.

Grief on Nuketown, Bus Depot, and Diner. These are all maps that would be great for it.

Turned on Nuketown, Bus Depot, Town, and farm. These are all small maps that would be great for the game mode.

The Power Station from Tranzit should be it's own mini-map since all the other areas on Tranzit (that can be reached via the bus that is) are playable. It should have Survival, Grief, and Turned.

Die Rise should have it's own mini-map(s) like Tranzit did. As was suggested a few posts above me, the roof(with he floor immediately beneath it) could make a nice stand-alone area that'd be great for Survival, Grief, and Turned. The Power area (both floors) would also be good for all three game modes.

Honestly, I'm surpirsed they never added Grief to Bus Depot/Nuketown, surprised they didn't add Turned to everything (excluding Tranzit/Die Rise), and surprised they only gave the Diner Turned. The Diner would be great for Survival/Grief, especially if they made it to where the roof of the Diner could be opened. The rest I'm not surprised they didn't add, but would still like to see them nonetheless.

I disagree... Green run is done, I don't think we need anymore maps there.. Nuketown greif could be cool, blue house vs yellow house... But maps for die rise? Deffinatly! In the next mini dlc drop if not sooner...

It's simple: Game released--> Drop 1.0(Die rise) ---> Drop 1.5 (Nuketown zombies) ----> Drop 2(Next zombie map)---> Drop 2.5(Die rise greif, survival, and Turnned maps) ---> Drop 3---> drop 3.5 (Drop 2 Greif, survival, and turned)--->Drop 4(Zombie final!) ---> Drop 4.5 (Drop 3 greif, survival, and turned)---> Drop 4.5.5 (Released right before MW4, Drop 4 Greif, survival. And turned)...

I disagree... Green run is done, I don't think we need anymore maps there..

I could live without the power station becoming a mini-map, but I still think they need to have all 3 game modes (Surival, Grief, Turned) on each of the mini-maps and Nuketown. The fact they released Diner as a map and only added Turned is practically taunting us. Even if they don't add power station or flesh out Die Rise into multiple mini-maps, they still should make all the game modes available for the existing maps.

Well think about that... Greif at the depot or the diner? That'd be way too Full! The only thing anyone could do is hit the box, and with 8 people begging for a turn... Bleh... Purhaps another mode type will be introduced (Such as the demonic anouncer mode I and a few others think will happen due to some audio quotes) in which case it would be fine to put them into green run, but we don't need anymore of the greif or survival or turned maps in green run right now...

Nuketown on the other hand, would make a grand map for greif, not so much turned, as it would be a bit... Just out of place.... And it's already a survival map...

Die rise IMO 100% DEFFINANTLY no doubt in my mind, could have some game maps rather then the normal story map, I couldn't care less if it was turned, greif, (It doesn't need to be a survival map), or another mode we haven't heard of yet, and I could Deffinatly use one about late may-ish right after everyone gets tierd of the 2nd dlc... That'd be nice..