Keeping the Sliquifier going

Tom852

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an old one mate.

PadvQw-LFKQ

The problem is this was pre patch, but it still works the same way kinda.

The main difference now is that extra slime is dropped, and the gun needs to be kept out.

I did round 43 yesterday with 2 shots, but it was kinda crazy...you'll see what I mean once you get one going.

It's difficult to get a chain going in early rounds regardless as the new zombies don't spawn in fast enough.

However, if you want chains you really need to shoot early in the hoarding process, preferably in front of the bar in the china room.

Rounds 20 - 30 are pretty easy as they don't spawn in fast enough to give you trouble, 31 - 34 get a bit more difficult and from rounds 35 - about 50 it's extremely difficult.

But really if you are doing it in any round, the best way to get a chain is to shoot early, once you have 10 or so just throw a shot into them, and it means that the ones from the current spawn will get caught, and the ones that die in the initial shot are respawning a bit quicker.

Getting a whole hoard and then shooting in the early rounds is unlikely to start a chain mate, it's just the way it is. Make sure you keep the gun out!

High rounds.

Get on the top of the broken column in the buddha room. Sliq the floor at the base of the column. Occasionally hit the floor again or it stops being slick. You fire more at the ground than the zombies.

Escalator room, debris in place. Fire into the corner by the wall. Set a ts to fling you sideways and test it to make sure that you take no damage. Drop claymores to watch your back, aim away from the ts.

I believe the top of the glitched elevator shaft can be used.

The ts room, with the escalator debris in place, stand nearest the dragon roof, slick the floor just in front of you...

Dragon ramp, ts on top of ramp where they land when they jump up (angle it at the antenna in case it flings you). Sliq bottom of ramp.

All those places you mention seem a bit too glitchy to me....you are creating a situation where you basically can't be hit.

Not my cup of tea.

Well, that is the idea. If you don't wish to use it as was intended, it always acts like a 1-hit kill pink shotgun with a slick floor drawback.

I often play games where I boringly sit somewhere with it, but I have much more fun skipping it and just using regular guns.

I doubt that you would often take out entire waves without using the boring method (shrug).

All those places you mention seem a bit too glitchy to me....you are creating a situation where you basically can't be hit.

Not my cup of tea.

Those aren't glitching. Like he said, you shoot the floor more than the zombies. I think that's just smart thinking. The reason the Galvaknuckle area was a glitch was poor spawning from behind. This however is logically thinking where the zombies come from. Running in circles on Shi No Numa was seen as a glitch once.

this disagreement could go back and forth for a while. the sliq creates a unique feature that can be taken advantage of. like chopper said, and i agree, if you create a situation where you can not be hit, ever, that is at least cheap.

it's like saying if you had unlimited trample steams, and a spot where there was a single spawn point, would it be ok to just pop one there and replace as needed and sit the rounds away?

the galva glitch was a glitch because no zombs spawned from behind. same as the escalator "strategy" some people use. block the top and squirt the bottom. you are doing the same exact thing.

Notice I said too glitchy for me. I don't believe it is a glitch, it is probably as intended.

However, with all these spots you are hoarding once, killing that hoard and then starting again. Sure it's effective, but it personally does absolutely nothing for me.

You are also never going to get any kind of decent chain going playing like that.

Smart yes, boring yes, for me, no.

Here's that video. It's an unlisted video only on CODZ. I will be making a strategy video out of some of it, with probably the same music so it was no big deal to render and upload like this.

PS - on youtube unlisted videos do not count towards your stats in anyway, so I don't mind posting them pretty freely on here as I get absolutely nothing for it.

107IfZCSneU

this disagreement could go back and forth for a while. the sliq creates a unique feature that can be taken advantage of. like chopper said, and i agree, if you create a situation where you can not be hit, ever, that is at least cheap.

it's like saying if you had unlimited trample steams, and a spot where there was a single spawn point, would it be ok to just pop one there and replace as needed and sit the rounds away?

the galva glitch was a glitch because no zombs spawned from behind. same as the escalator "strategy" some people use. block the top and squirt the bottom. you are doing the same exact thing.

Notice I said too glitchy for me. I don't believe it is a glitch, it is probably as intended.

However, with all these spots you are hoarding once, killing that hoard and then starting again. Sure it's effective, but it personally does absolutely nothing for me.

You are also never going to get any kind of decent chain going playing like that.

Smart yes, boring yes, for me, no.

Hmm. Okay then. Thank you.

Whoever said shooting the ground was a good idea is wrong...

i mean it makes the floor slippery and it increases the chance of death..

i think the question your asking tom is how do u chain it?

if you shoot the zombie, the goo will kill him and make him explode. the explosion of goo after there death is what makes it chain. as long as that zombie gets goo on him from the last zombie exploding it will chain.

god thats hard to explain properly ... lol

sorry if this isn't what you were looking for, or if this was commn knowledge already...

i only noticed how it chained last night.. i managed to chain 3 hordes worth or so..

its hard, but it makes me appreciate this new wonder weapon alot more..

i didnt see anyone mention this...

but once i read shooting the floor is helpful or w/e, i had to post.

Whoever said shooting the ground was a good idea is wrong...

i mean it makes the floor slippery and it increases the chance of death..

i think the question your asking tom is how do u chain it?

if you shoot the zombie, the goo will kill him and make him explode. the explosion of goo after there death is what makes it chain. as long as that zombie gets goo on him from the last zombie exploding it will chain.

god thats hard to explain properly ... lol

sorry if this isn't what you were looking for, or if this was commn knowledge already...

i only noticed how it chained last night.. i managed to chain 3 hordes worth or so..

its hard, but it makes me appreciate this new wonder weapon alot more..

i didnt see anyone mention this...

but once i read shooting the floor is helpful or w/e, i had to post.

To clarify: you shoot the floor, the zombies slip and slide...and accumulate, shoot the floor some more after a reasonable amount of time to keep the zombies trapped, then at max number, shoot a zombie, bye bye wave of zombies.

Yes, shooting the floor is key, not wrong.

I fully understand anyone who does not wish to play that way. It is not a glitch, it is easy or cheap. I enjoy playing the game various ways from boring to stupid hard and everything in between.

Clearly the gun was designed for this. Clearly spots like the galvaroom were specifically designed to be used this way. Either too many whiners or observations by Treyfail made them decide to alter the spawns to minimize the overuse of the gun in that way. I am fine with this, let us just keep sanity in the thread and not claim that it is glitched.

A zombie taking 4 gk shots on round 10 is a glitch. The death slides are both obviously glitched. An overpowered gun is not.

Cheap? Yes. Glitched? Clearly not.

Clearly the gun was designed for this. Clearly spots like the galvaroom were specifically designed to be used this way. Either too many whiners or observations by Treyfail made them decide to alter the spawns to minimize the overuse of the gun in that way.

I'm not so sure, I imagine areas like the buddha and upside down hole were designed with the slopes in mind, and to be used as described by yourself but not the ones like the galva.

I can't imagine Treyarch designing a gun which enables someone to not move an inch, and get to ridiculous high rounds. No way they would clear the boards and patch them just because some people complain. Many many more people used them than complained about them.

Clearly the gun was designed for this. Clearly spots like the galvaroom were specifically designed to be used this way. Either too many whiners or observations by Treyfail made them decide to alter the spawns to minimize the overuse of the gun in that way.

I'm not so sure, I imagine areas like the buddha and upside down hole were designed with the slopes in mind, and to be used as described by yourself but not the ones like the galva.

I can't imagine Treyarch designing a gun which enables someone to not move an inch, and get to ridiculous high rounds. No way they would clear the boards and patch them just because some people complain. Many many more people used them than complained about them.

Well sure. I'll go with 'it is debatable".

What we know so far: this is what the gun does, they 'fixed' some spawns (while glitching the crap out of the zombies), but the gun still works more or less the same. Making it seem that this is what they wanted.

And: treyargh really sucks at programming games, based on experience with waw, bo, bo2. Oh god, bo sucked. Worst cod in most opinions that I have heard, game breaking zombie glitches... Remember Moon? Ugh, who would want to?

So, I can imagine what you cannot. :)

Here's that video. It's an unlisted video only on CODZ. I will be making a strategy video out of some of it, with probably the same music so it was no big deal to render and upload like this.

PS - on youtube unlisted videos do not count towards your stats in anyway, so I don't mind posting them pretty freely on here as I get absolutely nothing for it.

107IfZCSneU

Thank you. This is imho just not reliable. Every here and then zombies are stuck in the goo, blocking all the paths, here and then you have to slide yourself... Hmm I don't know about this strategy, looks not safe. SVU in china café for the win, Sliquifier for the fail? I don't know.

Well I try to do a practice game.

http://www.twitch.tv/tomkzombies/

Maybe you go up to 40, maybe to 50, maybe to 60, but at some point this freaking shit is killing everybody. I mean in my game I used Ray/MS until 56 I think, 0 downs. In 57 started to use Sliquifier. In 58 game over with 3 downs. Da fuqq.

You are right Tom, no-one has done 100 in here since for an entire game.

I've come close, a friend has done 89, been a few other 80s. However, after playing it a lot, it becomes more and more manageable everytime. Sure there are times when you almost can't not go down, but monkey out and who's who means it's still imo the best strategy.

It's the fastest, the most challenging and the most fun. It's also the best place for chains mate.

Well, once you get the Fog Round—that is, when zombies stop dropping additional goo—it becomes easy to chain there again. Just throwing that out there.

I think the Fog Round is directly related to the amount of chains you pull off and how long those chains are. :)

I can't see how that can be true mate. I've never got the fog round, and neither has Boysta. He has done a few 70s and 80s since the patch, I've done a load of 60s and a 70, and we both chain like crazy.

Well, once you get the Fog Round—that is, when zombies stop dropping additional goo—it becomes easy to chain there again. Just throwing that out there.

I think the Fog Round is directly related to the amount of chains you pull off and how long those chains are. :)

I can't see how that can be true mate. I've never got the fog round, and neither has Boysta. He has done a few 70s and 80s since the patch, I've done a load of 60s and a 70, and we both chain like crazy.

Hmm... well I got it on 53 the other day and I noticed I was chain banging particularly well that game.

Perhaps it's just luck...

• Moderators

Sorry for the dumb question but what is the Fog round?