60% Off Pack a punch

way2g00d

How to do it:

1. Buy who's who.

2. Stand next to an elevator with PAP machine.

3. Down yourself with a grenade few seconds before the pap machine elevator arrives.

4. You are now on Who's who mode. Go find your guy quickly but DO NOT revive him.

5. Now put your guns in the machine but DO NOT pick them up yet.

6. Revive your guy that is down next to pap machine.

7. Once you are revived you can pick up your guns from the machine.

So this way you lose who's who but you get Pack a punch for free. This is why I said its 60% off because you are losing 2000 but stealing 5000 that you spent while you were on whos who mode.

I always do this if I get lucky and get Who's who from Boss rounds. It is then 100% free. So wait until the first Boss round and try it out.

Note: Don't do this if you are new to the map or have trouble finding places. There is a chance you won't be able to find yourself in the time required and you may lose your who's who without getting a chance to pack a punch.

Some people might find this cheap or call it a glitch, its up to you. This is more of a fun thing to do. Don't beat yourself to it.

Hope this helps.

Credits:

http://youtu.be/22YWIDytIRc

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if there is a limit on how many times you can get Who's Who in a solo game?

You know, similar to how you can only get Quick Revive up to three times before the machine disappears.

- Mix

I don't think there is any limit because even without Quick Revive you would be able to revive yourself in solo using who's who. But I don't think this machine disappears after three downs.

Remember having whos who is a blessing but it comes with a price that if you fail to revive your guy you lose your guns.

On the other hand if you had quick revive with whos who and if you fail to revive your guy you end up switching to your Original guy once the whose who mode ends. So you keep your guns but lose your quick revive. (Not 100% sure about this)

So we have three revives. And unlimited whos who. Use it if you are Good at reviving yourself.

Hope that clears stuff.

@Infest. This is not my find. I just stumbled across this on youtube.

I compiled the guide. So I will take credit for that. I don't like hearing audio at work so I watched the video and thought I can make a step by step guide here for those that either cannot watch the video or don't like to.

Mix came up with a good question. May be 5and5 or Chopper can answer that cuz I have never played solo seriously. But I am positive that Who's who will save our Quick revive as long as we pick our self up. Please correct me If I am wrong.

How to do it:

1. Buy who's who.

2. Stand next to an elevator with PAP machine.

3. Down yourself with a grenade few seconds before the pap machine elevator arrives.

4. You are now on Who's who mode. Go find your guy quickly but DO NOT revive him.

5. Now put your guns in the machine but DO NOT pick them up yet.

6. Revive your guy that is down next to pap machine.

7. Once you are revived you can pick up your guns from the machine.

So this way you lose who's who but you get Pack a punch for free. This is why I said its 60% off because you are losing 2000 but stealing 5000 that you spent while you were on whos who mode.

I always do this if I get lucky and get Who's who from Boss rounds. It is then 100% free. So wait until the first Boss round and try it out.

Note: Don't do this if you are new to the map or have trouble finding places. There is a chance you won't be able to find yourself in the time required and you may lose your who's who without getting a chance to pack a punch.

Some people might find this cheap or call it a glitch, its up to you. This is more of a fun thing to do. Don't beat yourself to it.

Hope this helps.

Credits:

http://youtu.be/22YWIDytIRc

But in ww mode you only have the m1911 unless you buy something on the way...

Or am I missing something? So, good for m+s, but points in Die Rise isn't usually an issue, seemingly not worth the risk.

Yep Mustang and sally or MP5k elevator. Like I said its a fun thing to do. Not quite useful.

Actually, this can be done with almost any weapon. It just isn't easy.

You can do it with the M1911 since that's what you have.

You can grab the B23R is you have a Trample Steam set up.

You can grab the MP5 if you are near it.

You can grab the Remington 870 MCS if you are near it.

You can grab the AK74u if you are near it.

You can go to the Mystery Box on the roof if you are near it.

It really depends though on where the Pack-A-Punch spawns.

It really depends though on where the Pack-A-Punch spawns.

PAP box always spawns in the same place, next to M16. Where it respawns is random though.

- Mix

Excuse me? The Pack-A-Punch Box?

Which weapons you are able to use in this trick depends on where the Pack-A-Punch is put in this game.

Elevator "A" is by the MP5 and Remington. Elevators B and C go to the Power room. Elevator D only goes to the roof and the floor below it.

The M1911 can be done at any of them.

The B23R is easiest done on A and D, but it can be done on B and C.

The MP5 is easiest done on A, but it can be done on B, C, and D.

The Remington is easiest done on A, but it can be done on B and C.

The AK74u cannot be easily done, but it can be done on A, B, and C.

The Mystery Box is easiest done on D, but it can be done on A, B, and C.

The Mystery Box only works if it is on the roof.

I tested this recently and my finds,

1. Whos who never leaves the map at any event.

2. Quick revive CAN be earned back from Boss rounds even after machine is gone. That is after using 3 quick revives!!

3. I also confirmed that if you had quick revive with whos who and if you fail to revive your downed player during that mode (45 seconds) you end up switching to your Original Player. So you keep your guns and perks but lose your quick revive. Not a bad investment at all. Because you can earn back Quick revive during Boss rounds!!

This pap trick is nice Way, nice find. I will try it asap.

2. Quick revive CAN be earned back from Boss rounds even after machine is gone. That is after using 3 quick revives!!

3. I also confirmed that if you had quick revive with whos who and if you fail to revive your downed player during that mode (45 seconds) you end up switching to your Original Player. So you keep your guns and perks but lose your quick revive. Not a bad investment at all. Because you can earn back Quick revive during Boss rounds!!

This is true, I posted about it this morning.

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=28899

Thanks.

Just to be clear: you are saying that ww wears off, you get your original guy back and he has perks? Normally qr makes you lose perks, ww loses ww.

So, if ww times out, qr gets you up, but what do you keep, perk-wise?

To the guy above hope this helps...

Test Case 1:

1. Buy any 2 perks plus QR and WW (Whos who)

2. Down yourself.

3. Let ww mode time out in 45 seconds. Once ww times out you go back to original character.

4. Result: You lose QR and ww but keep the other two perks.

Test Case 2:

1. Buy any 2 perks plus QR and WW (Whos who)

2. Down yourself.

3. Once in ww mode, Revive yourself.

4. Result: You get all perks back back except ww

Test Case 3:

1. Buy any 3 perks plus QR (Don't buy ww)

2. Down yourself.

4. Result: QR revies you, but you lose all your perks.

Test Case 4:

1. Buy any 3 perks plus WW (Don't buy QR)

2. Down yourself. Revive yourself in ww mode.

4. Result: You get your perks back except ww.

Test Case 5:

1. Buy any 3 perks plus WW (Don't buy QR)

2. Down yourself. Let the ww time out.

4. Result: You lose everything and stay in ww mode with nothing but a M1911.

MMX has also made a thread about this a week somewhere else I will point it to you for reference. But yea lets stay on topic.

• 4 weeks later...

This is neat. I love this thinking outside the box.

This is also a great way to re-attain M&S even after you purchase other guns. So, a good strategy is to buy AN-94 and SVU, MK, WW, other perks for taste, then perform this trick. Whammo! I spent the early rounds without having to reserve a gun slot for my Colt, but I can still get M&S.

Only issue I see with this is timing. You've got a lot to do in a short amount of time...You first have to overcook your nade, then you have to find your body, insert Colt, revive, retrieve M&S. I'd say it might be best to cook your nade as soon as the elevator arrives on the floor just before accessibility, but what do you guys think is best timing-wise (not taking into account the extra time to purchase a different gun)?

This is neat. I love this thinking outside the box.

This is also a great way to re-attain M&S even after you purchase other guns. So, a good strategy is to buy AN-94 and SVU, MK, WW, other perks for taste, then perform this trick. Whammo! I spent the early rounds without having to reserve a gun slot for my Colt, but I can still get M&S.

Can you really do that? Have 2 different guns and pick up sallys later? I never thought about that.

Even if it doesn't work, we can try buying Mule Dick and downing ourself.

That would be so cool. Gotta try it out before 3arch fixes this.

In theory, you should be able to...

Colt won't come from mystery box, nor is it on the wall. So, normally the only way to get M&S is to hold onto your Colt from game start. I used to do this all the time in Ascension because with PhD Flopper, M&S was worth only running one gun until I could PaP.

Now, with Who's Who (WW) and Mule Kick (MK) in the same map, combined with this trick, we don't have to hold onto the Colt because we'll get it back as soon as we go into WW mode. You don't really have to buy MK either, but I would so as not to sacrifice the AN-94 or the SVU for M&S. I would only sacrifice one of those three when I go to get the Sliq and start training and then I would trade out the SVU.

Test case: Get Mustang and sally while holding 2 different guns without Mule Kick.

Step 1: Buy any two guns. I bought SVU and PDW

Step 2: Down myself by pap machine.

Step 3: While in WW mode PAP M1911.

Step 4: Revive yourself.

Step 5: Pick up guns from the machine.

Voila It works. Thanks for mentioning this Eternal.

EDIT: Figured I will add video.