Did you know? (Mystery box shortcut)

Nasdaq401

You know the spot where you fall down from the mattresses and when you turn around, straight ahead of you is the an-94 elevator shaft? Well you know on the left where it seems you cannot jump to the mystery box room? You can. You may have seen people put trample steams down to use to give them a boost. But if you do a sort of strafe jump to your left you can hop right into the room and straight ahead is the box.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Hm, I have seen it happen before in-game with a simple dive. It only works if you leave the surface on the very edge of the doorway and manage to get at least your torso onto the ledge. I generally open the spawn room door, fall into the jewelry store (SVU-AS room) and make my way down the small ramp straight to the Mystery Box.

It's nice to have another way of getting into that room, though. I must try it out when I get home. Thanks for the tip, friendo! :)

The strave (or strafe?) jump is actually pretty easy with some practice. Just stand on the couch that is parallel to the doorway to the box, start to sprint, turn a sharp right (or left, depending on which way you're facing) so that you look at the doorway to box, and jump. It does take some time to get it down, but once you do, it's definitely a useful skill to master.