The AK74u strategy (solo)

Dahniska

I know there's a bunch of strategies that people use to get set up on Die Rise, but I haven't seen anyone else who has posted my favorite starting strategy, so I'll put it here. Maybe someone will like it! Who knows.

Round 1 - Six shots to the chest on each zombie, then knife. If possible, repair 4 hits on a window. Leave 1 zombie untouched, and jump onto the spawn elevator. If done perfectly you should leave the spawn room with 1490 points. Once you reach the bottom, grab a key and jump to the power building. If the Sliquifier piece is on the table next to the fridge, take it. Drop to the next level, and go buy the AK74u. Shoot the last zombie twice with your pistol, then knife. Proceed to the Sliquifier room and build it as much as you can.

Rounds 2 and 3 - Use up your last pistol shots. Once all your ammo is gone, switch to the AK74u. Kill zombies with 2 shots to the chest and knifing. Buy the barriers to the power and turn it on. Finish building the Sliquifier and take it if you aren't planning to use M&S. Grab your elevator key and ride an elevator to the roof.

Rounds 4+ - Find Juggernog and buy it. Use the AK74u to build points with headshots.Buy the rest of the things you want for the game, build Trample Steam and run trains at your favorite spot.

This usually works pretty well for me.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good strategy. Me and my buddies have a good 4 player one. One guy get the points all in round one and leaves a few zombies. We take te elevator down, turn on power, build weapon and then goto roof and build trample steam. Then we are back on the roof on round 1 ready to go with both buildables and the power on. Works really well

Interesting strategy. Is there a reason why you prefer to go for the AK74u over the MP5 or PDW?

I am not the op, but I would avoid the mp5 because of the extra door and it is ammo light.

Note that if you open the start door, go past the elevator and escalator, drop down one level and buy pdw, the zombies can only come in the one window and the spot that you dropped down. Great early points. Way easy if you can fall without fail.

If you failfall, you either go down dead into the void, or (usually) get downed in the trample steam room. Someone can revive you and then just go the an-94 route... Or let you die, respawn you in the pdw room. It is round 1-2 remember?

Interesting strategy. Is there a reason why you prefer to go for the AK74u over the MP5 or PDW?

I am not the op, but I would avoid the mp5 because of the extra door and it is ammo light.

You may not need to open any extra doors to grab the AK74u. But you will then have to open up TWO extra doors to turn on the power because you're starting from the Sliquifier room.

Whereas, if you buy the PDW, you have to open that start room door. And if you buy the MP5, you have to open the door by it's stairs.

Thanks!

Well for starts, like you said you don't have to open any doors to get the AK74u. Though like you said, you'll have to open an extra door to get to power (I don't count one of those doors because you'll need to open it anyway to finish building the Sliquifier unless you want to sit around waiting for the Remington elevator), you have a decent weapon before round 2 and you'll make progress on having the Sliquifier built early (a matter of personal preference really for me). Also, once you have the AK74u you can go for a long time without purchasing another weapon (and most of the time, you don't run out of ammo for a long time either with the max ammos coming in).

The MP5... I don't like it at all. It has low power and runs out of ammo so quickly it's not funny, and having to buy barriers to it doesn't help (not to mention I have to get the power on and go up to the roof before getting it). The PDW is alright, and a definitely feasible option... however, I like the AK74u more overall (as I feel its ammo goes a lot further and is viable for longer in general, not counting PaPed). For me the main thing is having the weapon that early, which helps me to earn extra points off of zombies and to reduce the risk of going down since I don't have to knife multiple times per zombie. I also like going more directly for the power (instead of camping the PDW room) so I can get Juggernog earlier.

Just my opinion. Like I said there's definitely more than a few good ways to start a game - this just happens to be my favorite.

That last line brings me great joy in Die Rise: options.

Edit: I take elevator, open power and stairs, I build Sliq and Flinger by round 2, camp pdw room escalator. Too easy though...

But it is fun.

If I want to rock a gun, the an-94 is so nice.

All of my best games, I never hit the box...

I buy the power right away

if you turn on the power you can just ride the lolavator back up to get more sliq peices

saves you from having to buy the 1000 point stair baracade

I will just sit up in power room till I have 1200 for the ak

build the sliq (to get the foot on the couch ride the single lolavator in the back up a floor)

I usually just let the round continue while I build the sliq because well, its round 2 and I have an ak74u and I need points for jugg

after my guns are ak74u/sliq I will ride the lolavator to the roof

then head to build the trample steam if I'm srrs bout that game , or just head to where I wanna rape train that game

Man I avoided the svu at first because I play multiplayer and can't sand noob trigger spammers and hated that gun, but I packed it the other day and all I can say is its def worth it if you don't wanna spend alot of time at the box. My aim has gotten so much better in multiplayer from playing the hell out of zombies as well because of the variety of weaponry I use and the sticky situations we all can get into :)

Man I avoided the svu at first because I play multiplayer and can't sand noob trigger spammers and hated that gun, but I packed it the other day and all I can say is its def worth it if you don't wanna spend alot of time at the box. My aim has gotten so much better in multiplayer from playing the hell out of zombies as well because of the variety of weaponry I use and the sticky situations we all can get into :)

Dude without a doubt the SVU has to be the best sniper in any zombies map. I find it to be the only wall weapon that kills effectively in the 40's. PaP it and get double tap, and run trains in the China Cafe. It is pretty good.

Nice job on putting down the strategy for early rounds. It is simple and sweet. Just a reminder that during round 2-4 when you are farming for points by the Sliquifier Table or around we need to be careful because zombies come from more than one direction. Other than that no risks.

This strategy will get most people setup in early rounds. So they can hit the box for Monkeys/Ray gun later once they are rich. However there are similar strategies that can be used.

Nice job on putting down the strategy for early rounds. It is simple and sweet. Just a reminder that during round 2-4 when you are farming for points by the Sliquifier Table or around we need to be careful because zombies come from more than one direction. Other than that no risks.

This strategy will get most people setup in early rounds. So they can hit the box for Monkeys/Ray gun later once they are rich. However there are similar strategies that can be used.

I actually like to camp in the **** please report this topic, post **** part of the Sliquifier room, and leave the door there closed. That Sort of funnnels all the zombies into approaching from the front, which I find achieves wonders. On a related note, I hate being trapped in those two bottom floors mid-round in the later rounds. So I often use a trample steam (if I have one and have to be there at the inconvenient time) placed right next to the corner, and sit behind it. Works pretty well to save your life at those times, I find.

And yeah, Monkey Bombs are basically a must-have for any game. Never play without them unless you're trying to get EMPs for an easter egg, or if you need the points for something else. I always make getting them a priority after the 4 perks/reliable weapons.

There is no emps on this map.

Was referring to BO2 zombies in general. I know there are no EMPs on Die Rise, I asked Tom to update that on his spreadsheet. I mean that in every map, getting monkeys/Gershes (when you can) should be a priority.

Ah I gotcha. EMP's in this map would be so useful.

• Administrators

Ah I gotcha. EMP's in this map would be so useful.

As useful as using the Sliquifier on the top platforms in the Buddha Room? ;)

But seriously, OP, great little startup strategy you have here. To be honest, I never thought once about using the Ak74u to my advantage. I've always either picked myself a B23R, or an AN-94 to get myself going. Now with your technique, I won't have to buy a door and can go straight to slaying some freakbags.

Keep up the strategies and good work, friendo. :)