Possible Year to Zombies in BOII

ERich935

I was looking around Die Rise to see if I could find any easter eggs, and I eventually found something interesting on a poster in the Mall (at the building where you start). You can find the poster down the purchasable stairways (when you open the first door), at the left of the doorway to the right. (okay now on to the easter egg XD)

SO the poster is a nail polish ad, nothing special, until I noticed at the bottom it said, "Since 1996." Now this obviously tells us that Zombies in Black Ops II is not in the 1960's. But the question is, What year is it in? I can probably guess it's in either the late 2010's or the early 2020's. Now Treyarch said in an interview, that they like to put SOME things from Campaign in Zombies, but not too much. That's possibly why the buildings in Green Run and Die Rise aren't really "futuristic."

BUT WAIT! If Black Ops Zombies on Moon and Black Ops II Zombies IS in the 2020's why were there modern weapons on the Moon and Future Weapons on Nuketown? Well, here's my theory. As our heros arrived at Area 51 and Moon they didn't know they were in the future, so our old announcer Samantha Maxis, didn't exactly want them to figure it out sooner or later, so she kept modern weapons on the Moon instead of Future Weapons.

And another thing, if the Earth was demolished in the 1960's then Call of the Dead would have been more apocolyptic since it was either in 2010 or 2011, so that's another mystery solved.

I don't exactly have any pictures at the moment, but I will eventually put it up on this post later. Unless any of you want to put one up yourself (which you don't have to but it's appreciated). If you have anything you want to add, feel free to do so.

Regards,

-ERich935

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. However, I think it's post-2025. That way it eliminates any and all confusion with paradoxes of the campaign.

^^ this :P

the original map is called Nuketown 2025 so either it takes place after that time or someone did a realy nice job at patching the place up!

^^All of this :P:P

Also, I was poking around in Theater when I noticed some zombies wear uniforms with the SDC's symbol on their collars...if you aren't familiar with them, they're a faction from the campaign...which is set in 2025. Other 2025-oriented discoveries I found were the computers in the spawn room (they look almost identical to ones in campaign/Multiplayer) and the refrigerators in the Hotel (these can be found on Raid, a domestic 2025-era house). So yeah, I think maybe from Shangri-La and up we were dealing with post-campaign 2025.

As for Nuketown 2025, I agree with MurderMachine; it was merely I fun preorder bonus with little relevance.

Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game.

I think we need more evidence as of what year GR & GLF are set. I don't believe it's 2020's, maybe present time?

Who knows? I'm lost on BO2 so far.

There's 2 many reused textures appearing. What do we take for canon?

Thanks, but Nuketown is based on... Nuketown. Nuketown 2025 is just a fun map with nearly no story relevance whatsoever really.

nuketown 2025 has absolutely no relevance to zombies. I say this because that is the name of the multiplayer map. In Zombies we see the classic nuketown layout and even Samantha in control of the zombies.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it has no story line because it definately does even if its not too much. Nuketown zombies was thaught to be happening at same time as moon, so I guess there is a reference for frame of time.

Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game.

I think we need more evidence as of what year GR & GLF are set. I don't believe it's 2020's, maybe present time?

Who knows? I'm lost on BO2 so far.

There's 2 many reused textures appearing. What do we take for canon?

I agree with you there. We have very little clues as to actual time frame.

We know maxxis says hes been searching for decades in a quote.

We know that we are at least in modern times.

We also know that so far in the story line with teleportation often comes a side effect of time travel.

Personally I believe that Green Run looks so rustic because after the nuclear projects at the Hanford site were shut down, the town began to decay. This does happen quite often in small rural towns. A school closing or merging with another near by town can often leave a community desolate. Also alot of farming communities like the look of old dated things. (dnt ask me way.) I live in a small country/small city area so I can understand that. We do however have advanced teleporter technology and stuff like that so I dont believe we can say we are in the past.

What is the SDC's symbol?

PINNAZ, I doubt Treyarch would be sloppy enough to leave a numeric date in there.

Well the storyline of Nuketown 2025... Well if Nuketown does take place in the future. Maybe Nuketown 2025 was a side-by-side comparison? See if the original would be as good as modern technology with a retrofuturistic twist?

I agree that Green Run was simply abandoned.

EDIT: Btw, my thoughts on this are expressed in my link in my signature.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en ... =116&ty=98

This can be seen on the collars of the zombies wearing armor. The fridge for me has some significance, since there's another fridge texture model in the Power building. To me, it seems like Treyarch wouldn't be using two completely different texture models for a fridge- it is saying, at least in my opinion, we're at least in a near future of some sort. I agree, my original thought was that after Hanford was shut down the entire city was just left to crumble. One thing can be 100% certain here, however- we are in modern times, and have been in modern times since Call of the Dead.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1600&bih=775&tbm=isch&tbnid=9wptY4vQHZsNIM:&imgrefurl=http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Coalition&docid=bD5i9f97NBnEqM&imgurl=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121226062708/callofduty/images/5/5c/SDC_Multiplayer_Icon_BOII.png&w=512&h=256&ei=yR0PUcqJB8-v0AHr2oCQCQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:0,s:0,i:85&iact=rc&dur=168&sig=109999800128293981083&page=1&tbnh=159&tbnw=318&start=0&ndsp=7&tx=116&ty=98

This can be seen on the collars of the zombies wearing armor. The fridge for me has some significance, since there's another fridge texture model in the Power building. To me, it seems like Treyarch wouldn't be using two completely different texture models for a fridge- it is saying, at least in my opinion, we're at least in a near future of some sort. I agree, my original thought was that after Hanford was shut down the entire city was just left to crumble. One thing can be 100% certain here, however- we are in modern times, and have been in modern times since Call of the Dead.

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1600&bih=775&tbm=isch&tbnid=9wptY4vQHZsNIM:&imgrefurl=http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Coalition&docid=bD5i9f97NBnEqM&imgurl=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121226062708/callofduty/images/5/5c/SDC_Multiplayer_Icon_BOII.png&w=512&h=256&ei=yR0PUcqJB8-v0AHr2oCQCQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:0,s:0,i:85&iact=rc&dur=168&sig=109999800128293981083&page=1&tbnh=159&tbnw=318&start=0&ndsp=7&tx=116&ty=98

this symbol is also used for one of the teams in Multiplayer!

Treyarch was founded in 1996...

This. I don't think all of this " the poster says 1996 therefore it is after 1996" is true. It's just something treyarch added, it's not something that is actually true, it's there just to as I guess you could say a mini Easter egg. It's not that it's actually 1996.

Re-used texture. IMO. Green run could have been abonded there are several theories out there that make a lot of sence. For the whole Chinese soldier zombies, the whole SDC is just reused texture. Remember that GLF is during the communist era of china. Correct me if I'm wrong by I'm pretty sure the SDC in campaign mode is a democratic government. It's just re used text. Zombie apocalypse happened the government brought in the military, they got overrun by the zombies and hence we have GLF. There's no point in making a whole new zombie dressed in a communist era outfit when you can just tweak the multiplayer character and save yourself some time. At least IMO.

I was looking around Die Rise to see if I could find any easter eggs, and I eventually found something interesting on a poster in the Mall (at the building where you start). You can find the poster down the purchasable stairways (when you open the first door), at the left of the doorway to the right. (okay now on to the easter egg XD)

SO the poster is a nail polish ad, nothing special, until I noticed at the bottom it said, "Since 1996." Now this obviously tells us that Zombies in Black Ops II is not in the 1960's. But the question is, What year is it in? I can probably guess it's in either the late 2010's or the early 2020's. Now Treyarch said in an interview, that they like to put SOME things from Campaign in Zombies, but not too much. That's possibly why the buildings in Green Run and Die Rise aren't really "futuristic."

BUT WAIT! If Black Ops Zombies on Moon and Black Ops II Zombies IS in the 2020's why were there modern weapons on the Moon and Future Weapons on Nuketown? Well, here's my theory. As our heros arrived at Area 51 and Moon they didn't know they were in the future, so our old announcer Samantha Maxis, didn't exactly want them to figure it out sooner or later, so she kept modern weapons on the Moon instead of Future Weapons.

And another thing, if the Earth was demolished in the 1960's then Call of the Dead would have been more apocolyptic since it was either in 2010 or 2011, so that's another mystery solved.

I don't exactly have any pictures at the moment, but I will eventually put it up on this post later. Unless any of you want to put one up yourself (which you don't have to but it's appreciated). If you have anything you want to add, feel free to do so.

Regards,

-ERich935

I agreed with your post until the "but wait part". Richtofen and COTD all happened because richtofen was Time traveling and jumping across years. COTD is in a different timeline or I guess you can say an alternate timeline. After ascension richtofen time traveled to COTD, he then went back in time to shangri-la, and then to moon. After the moon the earth was blown up. COTD never happened because COTD was in the 2000's, and the earth was blown up in the 60's. meaning that never happened.

@ the guns. SVU, an-94 where made around the 90's which is believed to be the era we are currently in. ( check out tac's threat about the whole timeline it's actually believed to be around the late 80's IIRC) :0

^^You seem to be ignoring or writing off a LOT of evidence in order to support your theory of it being in a certain timeframe. I really don't think Treyarch would just put in a specific year plainly displayed on a part of the map and say "Oh, you're supposed to ignore that. It's just the year we were founded. Has nothing to do with the actual timeframe of the map." Same with the modern/futuristic look refrigerators.

Guns I can let slide... they're probably going to use guns that were featured in the rest of the game instead of using all guns from a past era only for zombies. We saw that with Black Ops. But there's absolutely no reason they would use a texture for a modern refrigerator when there are others in the maps that have a more "classic" look. Just like there's no reason they would prominently display "SINCE 1996" in the map unless it meant something.

It seems like you want to believe BO2 zombies is set in a certain era, to the point of completely ignoring evidence to the contrary. Like if the next map says "GERMANY- 2017" you'll say "Oh, they didn't mean the map takes place in 2017... it's in the 80's. They're just messing around."

Treyarch was founded in 1996...

This. I don't think all of this " the poster says 1996 therefore it is after 1996" is true. It's just something treyarch added, it's not something that is actually true, it's there just to as I guess you could say a mini Easter egg. It's not that it's actually 1996.

Re-used texture. IMO. Green run could have been abonded there are several theories out there that make a lot of sence. For the whole Chinese soldier zombies, the whole SDC is just reused texture. Remember that GLF is during the communist era of china. Correct me if I'm wrong by I'm pretty sure the SDC in campaign mode is a democratic government. It's just re used text. Zombie apocalypse happened the government brought in the military, they got overrun by the zombies and hence we have GLF. There's no point in making a whole new zombie dressed in a communist era outfit when you can just tweak the multiplayer character and save yourself some time. At least IMO.

"Hey, I think this date on the wall and other various evidence indicates what time period we're in."

"Nope, because I said so." -You just now.

Also, you keep referring to "communist era China" as if it's a thing of the past. They are still a communist country.

^^You seem to be ignoring or writing off a LOT of evidence in order to support your theory of it being in a certain timeframe. I really don't think Treyarch would just put in a specific year plainly displayed on a part of the map and say "Oh, you're supposed to ignore that. It's just the year we were founded. Has nothing to do with the actual timeframe of the map." Same with the modern/futuristic look refrigerators.

Guns I can let slide... they're probably going to use guns that were featured in the rest of the game instead of using all guns from a past era only for zombies. We saw that with Black Ops. But there's absolutely no reason they would use a texture for a modern refrigerator when there are others in the maps that have a more "classic" look. Just like there's no reason they would prominently display "SINCE 1996" in the map unless it meant something.

It seems like you want to believe BO2 zombies is set in a certain era, to the point of completely ignoring evidence to the contrary. Like if the next map says "GERMANY- 2017" you'll say "Oh, they didn't mean the map takes place in 2017... it's in the 80's. They're just messing around."

I agree completely. In fact, it seems to me that many of the former storyline peeps are holding on out of sheer stubbornness to change with the times.

Well, I heard a comment from Russman today.. First time I had heard it.. Said it when I turned the power on. Something to the effect of "Electricity, I remember this stuff from when I was a kid..".. So if Moon happened in the 1960s, and put the power out, Russman would have been born say 1950.. About 63 today.. That being said, I too now think Great Leap Forward, and most likely Green Run were set in modern times. I still think Moon was in the 1960s, it's Marlton in the bunker on Nuketown that throws a kink in it all, as Moon and Green Run seem to be in the same time frame, Marlton hasn't aged much between the two maps.

Nuketown, Green Run, and Great Leap Forward were all hit by missiles at the same time. Thus, they all happened in the same timeframe. The exception is that Green Run and Great Leap Forward sat there for 20 years since it was blown up because Maxis says so.

What's Maxis's quote? I agree all the nukes hit at the same time. How do you explain Marlton being in Nuketown, then Green Run, unaged in 20 years if it's 20 years after Nuketown, where he is in the bunker? I supposed he could have been mid/late 20s in Nuketown, mid/late 40s in Green Run, thought he doesn't appear that old to me.

http://s9.postimage.org/70gvmulhb/Maxis_Quote_5.png

(ignore the "Maxis A.I." bit; that's my bad)

I explain that by saying Marlton was in his late teens in Nuketown. That would place him in his thirties in the other maps. Both are reasonable ages; you never SEE him in Nuketown. The counterargument is that his voice should've changed. However, not every teenager's voice changes by his thirties. Some young men already have had their voice mature. And keep in mind, Marlton's voice even as an adult is a bit high-pitched.

I'm arguing that Green run and NTZ and Great leap forward all happened, or better said are happening in the 80's. they were blown up in the late 60's maxis has been searching for decades more than (1). Maybe it is 1996, maybe its 1986, I don't know. But i'm pretty sure that we're not in some 2025 era because the chinese soldiers have the SDC emblem. or because of the futuristic guns. :cry: :cry: