Die Rise Was Good, But Could Be Better

Luckasaurus

As the title states, I think Die Rise was good. Amazing in fact! There were just a few minor technical things that I feel needed to be addressed...

1. Solo Easter Egg

To all you lone wolves out there, don't you miss the amazingness of the Call of the Dead Easter Egg? I sure do, no relying on not only one, but THREE other teammates to be good and experienced can be kinda difficult...

2. Voice Volume

This has been an issue for me since Call of the Dead. You CANNOT hear the character's quotes, which for me, gives zombies a lot of its charm. AT LEAST MAKE RICHTOFEN AND MAXIS LOUDER!!! If you go into the options and turn down the Music and SFX volume, you can STILL hear the zombie screams louder than those important quotes or cues in the Easter Egg. PLEASE CONSIDER ZOMBIE VOLUME UNDER SFX

3. Money Management

Die Rise brought a little of this back, TranZit completely ignored this, money management. Maybe up a few 750 doors to 1,000 to 1,250 to add a little challenge, make new guns a bit more expensive. Money Management was key to making black ops 1 zombies magic, at least for me.

4. Theatre Space

Now, if you're on this forum, you're probably here for one thing: Easter Eggs. And LOTS OF EM! Add more zombie theatre space, I've made videos of both sides to both maps and I'm almost full... and there're more Easter Eggs on the way!

5. Re-doable Easter Eggs

This isn't a huge issue for me, but I remember back on Tranzit, I did the Richtofen Easter Egg, and was bored without it. I play zombies mainly for those Easter Eggs that make you have to think and conserve your money. Now, true, I can just do Maxis and then redo Richtofen, but where's the freedom of choice in that?! This isn't a big issue for me.

6. Mystery Box

Die Rise added little to nothing in the Mystery Box. No new box-exclusive weapon, no new Tactical, nothing! Every map adds a new Wonderweapon, and I'm not counting the Sliquifier! Gersh Devices would've been SO cool on this map, they could teleport you do other floors, buildings, unopened rooms, but instead they added a buildable that can be three way obtained by glitch for the money it takes to open a couple 750 doors and 1,000 door that was necessary anyway.

7. Perks

Alright, there are two major complains that I have, one offered by the community. First complaint is the Who's Who perk, brought to my attention by "brett307". Who's Who is a pretty neat idea: when you go down, you get to revive yourself or run around, similar to a second chance mode. Well, here are a couple of reasons brought to my attention by the community:

--------

-you only get the M1911. Nothing special... especially if there's a hoard of zombies coming for you.

-in solo, if you have Quick Revive and Who's Who and you down, you go into Who's Who mode. Well, if you die in that, you lose. Quick Revive doesn't kick in or anything, you just die and it's game over!

-Who's Who isn't even helpful for the Easter Egg! Remember the Vr11 in Call of the Dead? USELESS, but at LEAST it was used in the Easter Egg. Who's Who... not so much.

--------

My second perk complaint is the "reward" for completing High Maintenance; the map's big Easter Egg. You get all perks. After I saw my perk bar filling up, I was excited that they brought the permaperks back, and I downed my self just for the heck of it! Well... the perks aren't permanent. It's easier to just knife the crawler things to get perk bottles...

So you guys, what do YOU think Die Rise lacks and what can be added in later maps to improve? If you agree or disagree with any of my points, let the community know! Who knows? Treyarch may incorporate some of our ideas for updates to Die Rise or future maps.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good summary of all the missing elements of Die Rise. It was indeed amazing, but like all amazing things, it can be improved. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think that Who's Who could be added to this list; I really disliked the Perk! I feel like they could've added a much more useful Perk, or maybe brought back Tombstone.

Good summary of all the missing elements of Die Rise. It was indeed amazing, but like all amazing things, it can be improved. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think that Who's Who could be added to this list; I really disliked the Perk! I feel like they could've added a much more useful Perk, or maybe brought back Tombstone.

Good point, Who's Who sucked, along with that, the Easter Egg reward was rather terrible itself... all perks, but NOT permanent... I may add that later.

I agree with the silliness of Who's Who. It has a neat concept: when you go down, you create a doppelgänger of yourself to keep fighting or even revive your incapacitated body to keep your perks, but this is just bogged down by the fact that you only get your pistol to use. Not to mention that most of the time someone goes down, it's usually by a horde of zombies, making getting to your old body safely and having enough time to revive yourself is near impossible with a pea-shooter.

I think the reason that Who's Who was made the way it is is because a lot of people (myself included) were pretty disappointed that they added a new perk in Green Run, but it couldn't be used (actually, didn't even exist) in solo. While I love co-op as much as anyone, I'm primarily a solo player... so to have almost all of the new Black Ops perks gone and have nothing new for Black Ops 2 for solo players was a huge disappointment. Now we have Who's Who, which CAN be used solo... but they need to make it a challenge to use to keep it from basically being infinite lives.

Not that I'm disagreeing, but it makes sense. Maybe they should have had it work differently in solo than in co-op like Quick Revive does. I dunno. It's very cool in concept, but the reality is that in most situations it's kind of useless.

As far as your other complaints;

1. TOTALLY agree. This is my biggest complaint about Die Rise. And CotD is a perfect example. Different approaches for solo and co-op with different achievements for each. Perfect way of doing it. I really, really, really hate this "You MUST HAVE 4 players to do the Easter egg" crap. Even 2 players like TranZit I can deal with... but with people having jobs, school, lives... it can be difficult to coordinate 4 of us online at once.

2. Again, absolutely agree. It's important to hear the quotes to know what to do next, but they're usually drowned out. Very annoying.

3. Don't disagree, but it's nothing that really bothers me either.

4. Not really a complaint about Die Rise, but yeah... totally need more space. Especially if you're someone who plays multiplayer and zombies. At least give each mode its own storage.

5. Again, doesn't really bother me much. I like that they are saved now because it tells us that all of our effort is most likely going to pay off in the end with something epic. Though part of me thinks when it's all said and done we're going to be disappointed with the final DLC EE reward that ties it all together. Just a hunch. Hope not.

6. Again, 1000% agree. The first thing I do when new Zombies DLC comes out (or one of the first things) is hump the box to see what epic new stuff was added. Huge disappointment in that department. They could have at least made the Sliquifier upgradeable. Definitely not enjoying this trend.

7. Already addressed Who's Who. I haven't done the EE yet but I assumed the perks would be permanent. At least if you go down. The fact that they aren't is a huge disappointment. So the reward is something you can otherwise get in the map with much less effort? Wow.

I feel like all the Easter Eggs are working towards a much bigger goal- the Zombies plot has been further implemented into the actual gameplay that eventually we're simply having missions in every map such as the Tower of Babble and High Maintenance, that will continue the new story arch of Maxis vs. Richtofen. If there truly is and "endgame" for Zombies, I guarantee it will be in the final map after completion of one side on the other maps. But yes, we should be getting better rewards, since there are tons of players who couldn't care less for the story and just want the achievement and some form of reward other than story progression.

1.) True, but wasn't this the case for Tranzit?

2.) I hear everything just fine.

3.) I see this as a total non-issue. Once you reach a certain point, money isn't even an issue anymore and eventually you have more than you know what to do with.

4.) I for one don't really care about the easter eggs. I just like reading about them. Even Moon's EE, which had a badass reward, isn't worth it enough for all the work that is required. But as for more Theater storage, think about it realistically. Can any company afford the server space to host gameplay footage that's over an hour long? No.

5.) Isn't this still just a general Black Ops 2 issue? And one that even you admit isn't a huge problem? I don't see why this holds Die Rise back.

6.) Tranzit didn't have a new wonder weapon in the box either. Again this is a non factor that doesn't really hold the map back. Instead of new box guns we got a few bad ass wall guns in the SVU, the PDW, and the AN-94, all guns that I'd love to get out of the box, but instead, I get to choose if or when I get them. The Sliqufier, also, is very easy to assemble and very much in the vein of other WW's we've had in the past.

7.) Why does a perk have to be a part of an Easter Egg? Perks are there to make it easier to stay alive. As for the quick revive thing, that can be annoying, but maybe it's Treyarch telling us to choose one or the other. And as for only having a pistol, I mean...it's a perk that lets you revive yourself and get your perks back. They're not gonna make it a walk in the park for you.

I'll agree that some improvements could have been made to Die Rise, but I don't think any of these were part of the issue.

I pretty much agree with everything aside from the perk and the Sliquifier, not only can you get it out of the box after its built (which is way more easy to do than the jet gun) its one of the most beast guns that has ever existed. you can literally be cornered by a bunch of zombies spray that in front of you and charge through anything, as long as you have ammo and jug and you know how to use it right you're pretty well invincible.

The same exact thing happens to me when in Who's who mode more often than not but I think its just a bug in the map at the moment, I think after you go down and zombies start chasing teammates again it'll give you more of a chance, plus the perk is only 2000 so that's not too bad either and its not just if you manage to revive yourself while in who's who mode that you get your perks back, even if a team mate does you'll get them back. Also if you know you won't be able to revive yourself try not to stick around if you can help it, just stay alive as your doppelganger and go buy all your stuff again. you can even use your doppelganger as a distraction, lead the zombies away while a teammate revives your body. If you're playing solo and have who's who don't buy quick revive until you become the doppelganger, then use it to revive yourself.

Can any company afford the server space to host gameplay footage that's over an hour long? No.

Billions of dollars in Call of Duty sales annually, plus DLC sold at $15 a pop? Yet multiplayer still isn't on dedicated servers even though other games (like Battlefield) are. Yes, I think they could more than afford to give us a few extra slots for theater mode saves. To think not is just naive.

Can any company afford the server space to host gameplay footage that's over an hour long? No.

Billions of dollars in Call of Duty sales annually, plus DLC sold at $15 a pop? Yet multiplayer still isn't on dedicated servers even though other games (like Battlefield) are. Yes, I think they could more than afford to give us a few extra slots for theater mode saves. To think not is just naive.

Haha, yes, most of his points can be totally proven incorrect (such as Tranzit not having any new weapons, WTF, it's ALL new weaponry!!!), but I found it much more efficient for the community to come to my aid! ;)

Alright alright. Easy there. We don't need arguments. I agree/disagree with this thread. I can't help but agree with your points, as you were very neutral in your decisions. All points make since and your post was worded beautifully. Well done.

The only thing I can say for disagreeing is the fact that I love this map. ;) It is by far the best map ever IMO. Nothing bad to say that hasn't already been stated. I love it.

The only thing I can say for disagreeing is the fact that I love this map. ;) It is by far the best map ever IMO. Nothing bad to say that hasn't already been stated. I love it.

Hundred percent on that, this map is probably my all time fav (even with all my criticisms, nothing's perfect), I WOULD like to say good job to Treyarch! :D

To me Who's who only needs one tiny tweak: spawn us with a Death machine that will last untill you either revive yourself, round ends, original body dies or gets revived!

Like i said in my Thoughts about Die rise post, i do not see the usefullnes of a perk being used for an Easter egg, as it is so easy to lose perks (some players like me only run Speed cola and jugg, as those are vital in higher rounds).

i like what they did with the SVU and not make us depend on the Mystery box for 2 weapons to complete an easter egg! (still not sure why i sometimes get the quote when receiving the remmington instead of a sniper but i disregarded it as a glitch)

To me, Who's Who needs to be a one-time thing; I hate this Perk so much it's indescribable. I seriously hope I never have to see it again, and the only good thing about it IMO is the jingle. It's really my only complaint about this phenomenal map- everything else is pretty darn good. Buildables are no longer useless and unnecessary, the map is just the right size (I've learned my lesson asking for bigger maps from my Green Run experience) and there's some, odd quality about this game that just makes you want to keep playing and replaying.

I can only hope our future DLC will be equally impressive...