The Collars On The Zombies' Necks

deathb4di2h0nor

I'm not too sure where I'm going with this so bare with me.

Throughout all of our zombies experience, there has never been any zombies with electric collars on. Why now?

Zombies have always been controlled by whoever is in Aether, so why would collars be necessary? Unless as humans they were wearing them, and being controlled by other humans. Another theory would be that Maxis is trying to use this as a means of controlling zombies. I doubt we would be able to control them as it would be pointless. Is this just an "accessory" to the zombies' "outfits", or is this important to at least the story?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well we have many examples of it really its what the story line is about. attempting to create super soldiers and failing horribly we might not have seen them tho. which is interesting! supporting data for this theory being the cages in the bank vault pack a punch area and the electric zombie being in a sort of cell to begin with.

operation paperclip was a real op that braught german scientists to america to work on our nuclear program so maybe along those lines we picked up their super soldiar/zombie research or even experoments with 115 itself.

Well, there wasn't any clear backstory between Der Riese and Five. Clearly, the U.S. were more into what Group 935 were up to during the 1940's seeing as they had more hidden agents in the Group. (Peter, Eyna) Then there's the Teleporters in FIVE along with the Black Boards that were seen in Der Riese, its possible to assume that the U.S. were continuing the Work 935 were doing.

As for these Electric Collars, I've seen them on many of the Zombies too. I thought at first they were for those in Straight Jackets but I don't recall seeing them on any others except only at the Depot.

Anyway, this is something that could be a part of the Story, so good idea to add to the List.

yeah it was a good catch. its one of those things you notice but dont really think about. or i didnt anyway.

but FIVE really is its own monster aint it? The only things I really know for sure about FIVE is....

That JFK and the CABINET were very much prepared for what was happening. They had a wall of weapons spin around like a batman flick.

The Sub Basement of the facility is clearly a lab complex used for the experoments they were doing.

The MAD SCIENTIST that steals your weapons was an ILLUMINATI agent that POSSIBLY heard THE VOICES as well as RICHTOFEN because he has all sorts of strange writings on him that clearly shows the "All Seeing Eye". .. or i guess could also be interpreted as a depiction of the NPD..hmm.. never thaught about that.

He is sympathizing with his subjects and does NOT want them harmed so he STEALS your weapons. these traits are similar to richtofen one could say.

The teleporter technology was HEAVILY IMPLEMENTED in the UNDERGROUND FACILITY. They have had it for awhile. BUT it doesnt seem to be the SAME teleporter technology as 935 had does it?

Also I have heard that THIS is where the NOVA Crawlers were created originally. Can't say one way or the other tho.

Also FIVE is happening at the same time as ASCENSION.

• Administrators

If I remember correctly, the Zombies in Verruckt have surgical markings and staples on their head, suggesting that Group 935 was trying to enter the mind of them, which is further confirmed in Kino Der Toten. Now, with that, some of the Zombies in Green Run are wearing hospital gowns, which makes me believe that either the hospital is similar to Verruckt in that it was testing on Zombies, or it was to keep the patients in-line prior to their deaths and the collars were never removed.

Also I have heard that THIS is where the NOVA Crawlers were created originally. Can't say one way or the other tho.

The NOVA Crawlers were created in Kino Der Toten by Dr. Maxis, not in America, however that is not for this thread. :)

"These must have been the failed experiment Maxis mentioned." - Dr. Edward Richtofen in Kino Der Toten

"Another reminder of Maxis' failure! Hahahaha!" - Dr. Edward Richtofen in Moon

If I remember correctly, the Zombies in Verruckt have surgical markings and staples on their head, suggesting that Group 935 was trying to enter the mind of them, which is further confirmed in Kino Der Toten. Now, with that, some of the Zombies in Green Run are wearing hospital gowns, which makes me believe that either the hospital is similar to Verruckt in that it was testing on Zombies, or it was to keep the patients in-line prior to their deaths and the collars were never removed.

That seems about right. My only question, then, is why did it take til now for Treyarch to implement this change, when experimentation on humans and patients has been the basis of zombies for a while now?

• Administrators

That seems about right. My only question, then, is why did it take til now for Treyarch to implement this change, when experimentation on humans and patients has been the basis of zombies for a while now?

The change wasn't implemented now, it has been around for a while. In the Der Riese radios, we can hear Dr. Maxis trying to give the Zombies simple commands to perform, like standing and walking. Then in Kino Der Toten, we hear multiple radios which state that the men working there were programming their minds. It isn't often that we directly hear about tests on Zombies themselves, but it has indeed been around since the early days.

• Administrators

No what I meant was:

If we have known about all of the tests conducted, why did they choose now to add the collars? There were tests being conducted all the way back as far as Verruckt, so why haven't we seen the collars until now?

It just means that whoever was performing the tests didn't decide to use collars until now. Up to this point there has always been a separate method for attempting to control them. Verruckt was done via electroshock therapy, Der Riese was by speaking to them and gradually getting them to listen, Kino was about hypnotizing them into doing what they were told. From there, we haven't been shown another case of "zombie control" until this map, where they decided to use electric collars. It may have been to shock them if they did something wrong, it could just be a renovated test of electroshock therapy.

The change wasn't implemented now, it has been around for a while. In the Der Riese radios, we can hear Dr. Maxis trying to give the Zombies simple commands to perform, like standing and walking. Then in Kino Der Toten, we hear multiple radios which state that the men working there were programming their minds. It isn't often that we directly hear about tests on Zombies themselves, but it has indeed been around since the early days.

Does anyone remember what he says about subject two six in the Kino radios? he was having a breakthrough with the zombie and it was actually listening to him..

• Administrators

That makes complete sense. I was unaware of the different types of testing going on. Interesting stuff, man. I'm glad you saw this thread before the floods of noobs trying to argue with me. Question answered. Thank you.

No problem man :)

I feel like this may have something to do with the Hanford Sanitarium name that is seen as patches on varying suits around the map. I have yet to see the suit, but some it's said it's in the bus terminal. Not sure if on a Zombie, just in TranZit, or even where it'd be. Lol I have no details on how to find it. In case anyone isn't aware, a sanitarium (also spelled sanatorium) is a medical facility to treat the mentally ill, like how Verruckt is actually taking place at the Wittenau Sanatorium. There is one result that I have found for Hanford Sanitarium, and it's located in Hanford, California.

It replaced by the Kings County Hospital in 1910, where it was used as a hospital until 1973. It is a fully legit, operating place to this day, where parts of it is used as government buildings. I've got a feeling this may be where our zombies in hospital gowns come in, somehow... Or Treyarch literally just created a fake place. One of the two :P

Does anyone remember what he says about subject two six in the Kino radios? he was having a breakthrough with the zombie and it was actually listening to him..

Subject Two-Six had a breakthrough and was following basic instructions. It was a great success with only a little time to go, but Subject Two-Six was destroyed when a fire alarm went off and he attacked a handler. Same thing happened in Der Riese, to an extent. Dr. Maxis had gotten a Zombies to stand and walk to him before it lost control and had to be killed.

• 3 weeks later...

This is interesting. The back of that collar looks exactly like a Wi Fi connection bar. Which could explain why the EMP puts the zombies to sleep because it may sever the connection?

Maybe richtofen is really the good guy, and maxis the bad guy. Because Maxis can only communicate to us through electronics, maybe there electronic collars are controlled by him. Richtofen does have a quote saying "hurry,or Maxis will kill you all!"

Now if only we could build a faraday cage on tranzit... hmmm

I think there's only 4 different character types in Green Run.

The only Zombies wearing the 'Neck Collar' also are the only ones with the 'Hanford Sanitarium' patch on their right sleeve. these are the 'Workers' not the patients?

They are wearing Blue or Orange overalls.

Then there's one in a 'Straight Jacket'

One wearing a 'Hospital Gown' (these also have 'Tags' in their wrist)

Why do the Workers at the Hanford Sanitarium have 'Electric Neck Collars' on? Why is it not the ones in the Straight Jackets or Hospital Gowns?

• 4 weeks later...