dlc talk

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the zombie maps will be made available to buy separately, that means less money for Activision. But what I want to see (alongside more maps and game modes for zombies) is more content that isn't a map or game mode. Treyarch should try thinking outside the box on this one, maybe finally do a gun DLC. I would love for there to be more than 4 shotguns, LMGs and snipers in Multiplayer.

• Administrators

I doubt the zombie maps will be made available to buy separately, that means less money for Activision. But what I want to see (alongside more maps and game modes for zombies) is more content that isn't a map or game mode. Treyarch should try thinking outside the box on this one, maybe finally do a gun DLC. I would love for there to be more than 4 shotguns, LMGs and snipers in Multiplayer.

There's a DLC tab on Elite for Camo's isn't there? That's what I heard.

As for weapons, someone asked Vonderhaar on Twitter if there would be DLC "weapons, camos, etc... Added into MP?" and his response was "Classified." so it's very well possible. I read something about it and they said that it was not possible for consoles because they use every bit of memory possible on Multiplayer, but for PC it's possible.

There's a DLC tab on Elite for Camo's isn't there? That's what I heard.

As for weapons, someone asked Vonderhaar on Twitter if there would be DLC "weapons, camos, etc... Added into MP?" and his response was "Classified." so it's very well possible. I read something about it and they said that it was not possible for consoles because they use every bit of memory possible on Multiplayer, but for PC it's possible.

There is a DLC tab under the camo menu in-game, so that seems fairly certain. And I do believe we will be seeing some weapon DLC finally as well.

There is a DLC tab under the camo menu in-game, so that seems fairly certain. And I do believe we will be seeing some weapon DLC finally as well.

So far the only Camo's under that tab are the Elite founder(Rust colored w/skull) and the CE(Black with orange dashes). It doesn't seem that there are tabs for more...

There is also a DLC tab for calling cards, and just because they don't have tabs for it right now doesn't mean there won't be any. Whenever you have a locked camo/calling card highlighted, it shows you what it looks like and how to get it. Why would they show what all the DLC content looks like before they even announce it?

I'm just afraid that:

1. DLC has zombie content

2. You buy seasons pass to save money and to get Nuketown in case you don't have it yet. Anyway you have already bought the Season Pass just to get Nuketown early.

3. 3arc would not earn more money by creating zombie DLCs, cause you have the Seasons Pass. So why should they? Some simple MP maps and good, fewest effort (=cost) for 3arc.

But if so, I'm gonna freaking rage. I really hope that the Season Pass argument does not count and we get some zombie stuff every DLC.

Treyarch is smart, and contrary to popular belief, they do care about their fans. If they could, they would still be releasing DLC for Black Ops 1. It's Activision that makes all those calls though. Activision wants money, and knows that people will buy a new game every year and that is their best path to high revenue. Activision rushes those DLCs out the door because DLCs make them money. Treyarch would like to spend more time on these DLCs and create multiple brilliant zombie maps of only the highest quality, but Activision limits their time.

With Black Ops 2, development was rushed. The Zombies team had to make a decision regarding the zombies maps: quantity or quality? They could make many zombies maps that were of lower quality, or they could make fewer that were quite good. In the end, the zombies team always goes with quality. They release one new map per DLC but it's always amazing. It looks like with Black Ops 2, they're trying to introduce some quantity too by introducing smaller maps cut out of the larger ones.

Anyways, there's my rant. Hopefully Treyarch continues with their tradition of awesome zombie maps in each DLC, and this time making each one the size and quality of TranZit ;)

• Administrators

Someone please think about this one. The prison jumpsuit zombies...Or so I thought ;) There's a patch on the uniform that says "Hanford Sanatarium" Sound familliar?

On a side note, A prison map would be epic

Jeffro

The Hanford Sanitarium is located in Hanford, California, and was replaced by the Kings County Hospital in 1910, where it was used as a hospital until 1973. It is a fully legit, operating place to this day, where parts of it is used as government buildings. I've got a feeling this may be where our zombies in hospital gowns come in.