Possible factor in ranking up?

So when the game came out, I got to the skull with the blues eyes pretty quickly. Then about the middle of last week, I went back down to the regular skull and I had no idea why. So I began playing a ton of zombies to at least try and get the blue eyes back. I had several very good matches in Tranzit, Survival and Grief, but all to no avail.

Then while I was playing last night, I suddenly got my blue eyes back (as did one of my friends) after a mildly bad match in Tranzit. I started thinking about what I had done to get them back.

I believe it factors in how many times you are hit in relation to how many kills you get, or in other words, how skilled you are in dodging and evading zombies while also killing several of them at one time. I was lucky enough to get the galvaknuckles by right before round 4, and going back in theater mode, I observed my performance from there on. I had gotten at least a good 100 kills with the knuckles while barely getting hit at all, and in a short amount of time too. While I was also training at the Diner beforehand, I managed to evade nearly all of the zombies' hits.

I'm not saying this is what completely determines your rank, they clearly also factor in how often you play and maybe even if you try out other game modes. I simply believe this has something to with progressing through the ranks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't accuse you. I accuse the freakin staff that rather messes the board even more with Blops 1 threads that got merged into the Blops 2 section instead of creating new boards. No wonder that I can't find a specific thread anymore. No wonder, that you have overseen the existing thread. I can't even see the freakin search function. :x :x :x :x

It's SO irritating, I got to blue eyed skull, I then stopped playing for about five days & I've been demoted back to a skull :evil: I'm sorry if I don't have time to play the game! & now I can't get back to blue eyes. I don't think revives actually count towards the ranks though, I think I got 20 revives in a game of NK Z the other day & nothing happened, also rounds don't seem to make much of a difference either so I guess you're onto something with the kills & hits you take being related.

I disagree bbobs. I think revives probably count much more to the rank than you might think. I'm not nearly as good as way, but I'm a higher rank than he is (I'm Skull w/ knife and blue eyes). I don't play as much as him, and all his average stats seem to be higher than mine EXCEPT I average closer to 20 or 25 revives per day, as opposed to his 10.

So sunday I stop playing Zombies around noon. I noticed before I quit that I had 5 hash marks, a skull, and blue eyes. I did NOT play again until Tuesday night around 6pm. When I looked i was demoted to 4 hash marks, and a skull. So i lost a hash mark and my blue eyes.

I played ONE game. On round TWO of this game I shot a zombie 6 times and knifed...GREEN FLASH . SWEET something changes hopefully. Nothing noticably different in the rest of the game. After we died we went and watched the replay. The instant I knifed the zombie the flash happens, also the sound of a nuke plays but no nuke (no 400 points, and the round didnt end). There was also a teeny tiny mushroom cloud after the flash. My character also said kaablewy or kaaboom (cant remember which one).

Now back in the lobby I noticed there is a KNIFE in my emblem after this one game.

So to sum up...

Start of game...4hash and a skull...round two knife zombie. get green flash and a mini nuke cloud. End of game...4hash, a skull, and a knife