~Map Ideas Thread~ Post your Ideas!

Hey guys! Your friendly neighborhood electromagnetic deity here bringing you a thread for the fun of the forum. As many of you may have noticed, I have 12+ full-detail wonder weapon ideas posted in the wunder-ful thread. As you may have gathered from that knowledge, I am a HUGE fan of highly creative ideas. Furthermore, it really gets me pumped to see the whole community throwing down awesome ideas for others to see.

Apart from that, I have seen some AMAZING Map ideas here! However, they have been scattered across a variety of diverse threads. It would be cool to have them all in one place (like the wunderweapon thread). So, I took it upon myself to post this thread, for my benefit and yours!

Ok, down to business.

Here is what I expect to see: MAP IDEAS!!

I say this so broadly because I want nothing more or less. You can post a full-scale room by room description of your map, or a simple statement like "it would be cool to have a map set in a blah blah blah." just do whatever you want!!

I have a few ideas for myself which I have shared in the past. I will post a more vague description of them now, and if this thread sparks enough interest I will post the full descriptions I already have written. I even have hand-drawn maps of two of these three ideas. Well, here I go.

SUPERMARKET

"Come check out our killer prices! We have deals do good they'll knock you dead! If you want quality products at prices to DIE for, Check out a Wunder-Mart near you today!"

This map takes place inside an abandoned supermarket. The entire store is accessible, as well as customer service, the deli, storage rooms, the entire parking lot, and an empty 18-wheeler in the lot. It is about the size of ascension but a bit larger (not quite CotD). Its layout is more along the lines of shangri-la, as the parking lot and store are basically a massive labyrinth of wrecked cars and shopping carts. I have a full-detail hand-drawn map of this idea.

FARM

"You have been forced to take refuge from the storm in an old farm house. However, mother nature isn't the only thing keeping you inside..."

Fun fact: I have a map of this one as well. This one took me the least amount of time to draw out and design, because it is based entirely on my own house and property, room for room, stable for stable, barn for barn. :mrgreen:

This map features a large house, loads of cluttered and burning fields to explore, stables, barns, and the whole sha-bang. This is a pretty self-explanatory map.

KATASTROFA

"History tells us of the great catastrophe that left this Once-beautiful land inhabitable and deadly. History is full of liars."

This map takes place in the abandoned amusement park located in chernobyl during the time of the catastrophe. Contrary to popular belief, the area was not INITIALLY Contaminated with radiation. That was merely an after-effect. The real catastrophe that took place there was the biggest zombie outbreak in recorded history. Fight through themed fun houses, pick them off from the peak of a roller coaster, spin them for a loop on a carousel, lure them through a firing range, and so much more! This one I do not have a map of because I haven't decided where I want everything yet.

YOUR TURN CODZ!!!

Note: I don't really expect to encounter this problem, but please don't come into this thread saying "stop suggesting ideas; it's too late and treyarch could never put these in the game." WE KNOW. This is an idea thread, not a suggestion thread. We already have one of those.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was already a location for map ideas, which was in the former Black Ops II section when all it was for was ideas, a lot of which were map ideas. However, when Black Ops II came nearer, the Black Ops II section was expanded for the diversity of topics to cover. All map ideas were moved to the Single Player section (for some reason). No one has really cared though, since map ideas have pretty much run their course by now. This isn't a bad idea... it's just a late one.

You guys are meanies! I don't want to play with you any more! :cry:

...just kidding. :D

But still... Usually the ratio of views to replies on a thread is like 20:1; this had 6:2!

Psst, lenne, *wink*

You don't want a high ratio of that. And you don't want a low one either. If it is high, that means people are too intimidated to actually post, and your thread will sink down. If it is low, then that means only a handful of people are interested enough to view and post.

I have an idea that's been in my head for a while.

New Der Riese

"There was never just one."

Basically, New Der Riese is a map that is set in an underground super facility, a secondary hub for the Der Riese project. It was used simultaneously with the regular Der Riese, but was mainly used for the study and reverse engineering of alien technologies. Teleporters still play a prominent role, however they are still stuck in the prototype stage and won't always teleport you to the mainframe...

The map is exclusively underground, with the player(s) spawning inside an elevator that is going down. It breaks upon landing. Many areas of the map are influenced by alien technology, and thus that is reflected. Chrome rooms, strange objects, etc, however there are still areas that resemble the original Der Riese, and some that resemble simple cave structures.

Instead of Hellhounds, there would be Alien Zombies. They would be fairly slow, but have more health than a regular zombie, but not as much as a Napalm/Astro zombie.

That's my general idea, at least.

I have an idea that's been in my head for a while.

New Der Riese

"There was never just one."

Basically, New Der Riese is a map that is set in an underground super facility, a secondary hub for the Der Riese project. It was used simultaneously with the regular Der Riese, but was mainly used for the study and reverse engineering of alien technologies. Teleporters still play a prominent role, however they are still stuck in the prototype stage and won't always teleport you to the mainframe...

The map is exclusively underground, with the player(s) spawning inside an elevator that is going down. It breaks upon landing. Many areas of the map are influenced by alien technology, and thus that is reflected. Chrome rooms, strange objects, etc, however there are still areas that resemble the original Der Riese, and some that resemble simple cave structures.

Instead of Hellhounds, there would be Alien Zombies. They would be fairly slow, but have more health than a regular zombie, but not as much as a Napalm/Astro zombie.

That's my general idea, at least.

Thanks for playing! I am in the process of doing another Full-detail map, which will be a perfect zombified model of my school. I might post it alongside the others if you guys can motivate me enough, :mrgreen:

Dark Carnival

"Get ready for the ride of your life!"

The four survivors missed the bus and are now on foot. But to their surprise and childhood joy they find a carnival. But that will all change into a gruesomeness nightmare as they take a ride down to hellish carnival,filled with clowns and terrifying ringmaster. So sit down and get ready for the fright! Will you be able to catch the bus or face your child hood nightmare!

The map is a carnival and yes you can ride some of the rides can be used as a weapon. Also use some of the toy guns and bears as weapons too! Only bad new is you need the power in order to get to them and be able to escape. You can go threw a haunted house, pass the fair's wheel and into the top tent where you find the ringmaster. In the end the bus will crash threw the tent and you need to get on or be followed on foot by the clowns. So which flavor would you prefer, Cotton candy or rock roll? Hope you got the idea of the flavor.

^^^ Beautiful, beautiful! Keep 'em coming!

I have actually been waiting to make this thread for a bit, do I have a few MORE ideas saved up. I'll give a taste of one.

BLASPHEMY

this map takes place primarily in a church, but with the street and a cemetary also accessible. The church has two floors, a bell tower, and a basement, cluttered with desecrated religious figures and statues. The cemetary is littered with smashed headstones (or tombstones... Tee hee hee) and it is pitch-black outside. The only light here is from torches. The street is deserted, and has steps leading up to the church. This area is highly vandalized with graffiti that all says stuff like "god has forsaken us" and "nothing can save your soul now", a sort of homage to the chalk writing in the WaW maps and kino. As reddonkeyham might say... CONTROVERSIAL!!

Flammenwerfer, what a coincidence! I had come up with an idea a while back - right around the time they announced TranZit. I called it:

The RiZe - Return to Der Reise

Now, technically it wouldn't be a "return" to Der Reise. It would be more of a prequel. The map takes place in 1945, on the day of the zombie outbreak - simultaneous to the events of Shi No Numa. Four survivors - Dr. Groph, H. Porter, Harvey Yena, and of course Sofia - have all joined together as the zombies overtake Der Reise. Although fighting together, each member of the group has their own secrets about the facility and the cause of the outbreak...

This would not be any normal survival map. It would be like TranZit - a campaign-style map. It's possible that Treyarch could release these for DLC, which would be awesome seeing as this would also give us five survival maps out of the five sections, like TranZit will.

I won't get too far into details (I might make a fully-fledged thread about this someday) but I will list the five sections, each of which would also be its own survival map. The first four are connected by teleporters, which cost 10,000 points per use and take 5 minutes to cool down - so you might get stuck walking sometimes.

Der Reise (The Giant) - The fan-favorite map from World at War, true to its classic form.

Waffenfabrik (Weapons Factory) - The massive building in which Group 935's weapons were supposed to be produced, had the Ray Gun and DG-2 ever gone into mass production. Has multiple floors connected by staircases and floors reduced to rubble. Mid-sized map.

Breslau - The city which Der Reise is located near. A secret passage (and a teleporter) in the basement of a shop leads from Der Reise to a city street that is completely in ruins. Mid-sized map, easier due to its wide open spaces in the street.

Maxis Hoffenhaus (Maxis Manor) - The manor in which Ludvig and Samantha Maxis took up residence in when they were outside of the labs. New secrets await inside the very rooms where our favorite zombie empress was raised. Teleporter is in a bunker where Maxis would perfome experiments outside the lab. Mid-sized, medium difficulty map.

Katakomben (Catacombs) - The catacombs connecting all four "upper" sections of the map. It's not quite as fast as the teleporter, but it's still faster than walking, it doesn't take time to recharge, and it's free! Plus, there are some particularly helpful hidden items here. However, the trade-off is that it's dangerous. This map is laid out like Shangri-La: very tight, with no wide open spaces. This would be the hardest of the survival maps.

I really love this idea, and I hope to see Treyarch do something like this. The return of a fan-favorite classic, along with a new variation on it :D

• Moderators

Electric, if that is true, that is a cheap insult. I was trying to give you advice.

Electric has a bad habbit of joking around too much.

Well my map would be like inside of a volcano..... Anyone... No.... Ok.... :-(

You might want to actually tell us about it,friend. :P

Yeah, lenne's right. Sorry; couldn't help it! You just remind me of Tankeo in the way tou deliver your ideas. And trust me when I say that that is not an insult at all on my mind. As Tankeo said, he refuses to cast over his words a beguiling cloak of words. Beautiful or not--that's for us to decide.

Nuthinn' wrong with that! But still, sorry. It's just all in good fun.

And touch, I for one Am interested in hearing more about this idea about a volcano. I'm sure other people would as well. Go for it!

Yeah, lenne's right. Sorry; couldn't help it! You just remind me of Tankeo in the way tou deliver your ideas. And trust me when I say that that is not an insult at all on my mind. As Tankeo said, he refuses to cast over his words a beguiling cloak of words. Beautiful or not--that's for us to decide.

Nuthinn' wrong with that! But still, sorry. It's just all in good fun.

And touch, I for one Am interested in hearing more about this idea about a volcano. I'm sure other people would as well. Go for it!

Regardless, it is insulting to compare a long-time member to a banned member. Please be more considerate of that in the future.

EDIT: This was my only CoDz map idea.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... hp?t=19705

Uhhhh well then start off in a town nearby er sumthin n like after round ten the ground starts to shake n theirs giant rocks on fire falling from the sky n the only way to survive is to go in a tunnel that leads you the inside of a volcano n guess wat I discover, A FREAKING NAZI BASE they were harvesting the energy with earth's core n thats all I got

@MMX DAMN THAT WAS LONG!! But it was worth it! That is a really cool idea. I really like the idea of old and new weapons as we'll as that new wonderweaponizer thingy. My only problem was the three boxes thing. I don't think I would like that. But apart from that, it is really creative!

@Mr. Touchstuff

That is a really great idea as well. Maybe the volcanic eruption could come every few rounds and be like a boss? (hehe, like a boss.) that would be sweet.

As per usual, here's another of my ideas.

DESCENT

"can you fight your way back to the earth, or will you become trapped in the tower of terror until your demise?"

STORY

Four new players were just minding their own business in their workplace, when BAM! Zombie apocalypse. Now a serious doctor (the new takeo) a silly business man (new richtofen) a gritty engineer (tank) and a random man who had been indulging in a cafe (Nikolai) must work together to DESCEND to freedom. Notice how descent is the opposite of ascension? Hmm.

LAYOUT

This map starts out in the very top of a generic American skyscraper. This area is very small, with zombies breaking through the glass windows. As per usual there is ye almighty M14 and the Olympia, His trusty steed. This area is cramped with desks and other random debris. There are two different exits from this room: an elevator and a staircase.

Buying the stairs takes you down about five floors in a wide metal staircase. Windows can be breached along the stairs by zombies. At the bottom of the fifth flight of stairs there is a purchasable door leading to a much bigger office area. This area is less cramped than the first, but has windows all over the damn place, making it hazardous in its own way. In this room is yet another elevator.

Riding this second elevator takes you down all the way to about the tenth floor. This floor contains a massive assembly hall, used for giving speeches and such. It has a massive, wide open area with only a few chairs and tables cluttering the floor. From here you take another elevator down all the way to the basement.

If you were to take the elevator from the Spawn, you would be brought down to a floor in the teens. This room is full of computers, most of which remain untouched at their respective desks. This whole room is a maze of said desks though, making it highly difficult to navigate from one side to another. In here are stairs leading all the way down to about floor five.

Floor five contains two medium-sized rooms and a public bathroom. The bathroom is full of stalls and has no real obstacles in it. It is small-ish though, so it is still not the best place to hold down. The first normal room is a waiting room. It has tables and chairs arranged around a TV displaying the message "NOW DIE". There are reception counters you can go behind, as well as half of what used to be a hallway, but what now resembles a hallway to hell, as it is completely on fire and filled with rubble.

The other room on this floor is a doctor's office type place. Contrary to the labs in five, this pace is completely sterile. It is stark-white, and consists of a main, mostly intact hallway with three small rooms branching off. These rooms are minuscule, while the hallway is quite long.

At the end of the hall is a staircase down to the basement. The basement contains loads of machines and the almighty power switch. Flipping the switch causes a security gate to be lifted, and the door to the street outside is opened. The street is full of wrecked vehicles and fiery debris. This is the ONLY Outside area.

Wandering outside leads you to the main lobby of the building which is otherwise inaccessible. The lobby contains two large staircases like the kino spawn, and has a wrecked diamond chandelier in the center of the area. Otherwise it is a perfectly round, medium sized room with little to no obstructions on the ground.

PACK-A-PUNCHING

in order to pack-a-punch, you must ride every elevator. This causes a switch to become available in the basement. This switch de-activates roof security and enables you to access a staircase to the roof from the spawn. The roof is simply a flat, concrete area with the PaP machine there. However, in return for being available permanently, your space here is absolutely miniscule, so it is dangerous to stay here.

BOSS ROUND

This map has a boss I like to call Shadows. They glide around and have humanoid shapes but ate consisted of pure darkness. They float in a circle around you before suddenly charging. They steal 200 points every time they pass through you. About 20 cone each round, but they have little health. They can be a real pain when you are on your own though. Also the elevators are inactive during shadow rounds. Defeating them with all if your points intact gives you a max ammo and a bonus point power up. Otherwise you just get ammo.

NEW WEAPON

There is a new wonder weapon on this map, and that is my beloved beam cannon!

after WWII, the united states finally seized the much sought-after die glocke projects. after nearly a century of research and experiments, US military scientists created the perfect formula and perfected their new wonder weapon, following in the footsteps of group 935. thus, the U.S.M.C. BEAM CANNON was born.

imagine a deep electronic whine, menacingly getting higher and higher, until a massive beam erupts from the barrel of your gun, annihilating every victim in your path- living, dead, or undead.

this weapon is going to be long and tubelike in appearance, thicker than a wave gun but thinner than a stinger. it is held like an assault rifle, and has a single shot mag. it comes with 9 reserve "magazines" and has a medium reload time.

while firing the beam cannon, you cannot rotate or look around nearly as fast as you normally can. it also pushes you back quite a bit. for example, it lowers your look sensitivity to 1 regardless of your current settings. this is to balance out the weapon, as it is pretty OP in its rawest form. not only that, but once you pull the trigger, it takes approx. 2 seconds before the beam is actually fired. this makes it a powerful and effective weapon, but not overpowered because it must be reloaded frequently, takes a moment to use even if it is already equipped, and restricts mobility.

the beam itself is blue and continuous, and deals infinite damage. it has no splash damage, and kills any zombie it touches. the continuous beam lasts for about 3 seconds. so, in theory, your 48 zombies could be coming at you (bro) and you could point it at the far right of the horde. then, when you fire, sweep to the left and take them all down! it has infinite penetration through zombies but zero penetration through walls and obstacles.

when the poor suckers are hit by it, they snap, crackle, and pop their way to hell as they thud to the ground with charred bodies and sparks flying off of them.

upgraded it gets more ammo, (15 reserve) but retains its one round magazine. the time between you firing and the beam appearing is reduced to one second. the beam still lasts three seconds though. its name is simply the BEAM CANNON v.2

^^^ Beautiful, beautiful! Keep 'em coming!

I have actually been waiting to make this thread for a bit, do I have a few MORE ideas saved up. I'll give a taste of one.

BLASPHEMY

this map takes place primarily in a church, but with the street and a cemetary also accessible. The church has two floors, a bell tower, and a basement, cluttered with desecrated religious figures and statues. The cemetary is littered with smashed headstones (or tombstones... Tee hee hee) and it is pitch-black outside. The only light here is from torches. The street is deserted, and has steps leading up to the church. This area is highly vandalized with graffiti that all says stuff like "god has forsaken us" and "nothing can save your soul now", a sort of homage to the chalk writing in the WaW maps and kino. As reddonkeyham might say... CONTROVERSIAL!!

How about this kind of church Jesus? Sedlec Ossuary, I visit this place once and boy did I get creep the %$&% out during the night.