Tranzit - theories, facts, speculations.

Verrückt

Now, I know there is a lot of threads on Tranzit... But this is not like the others.

The point of this thread is to interact with community and use the opinions as well as predictions about the new GAME MODE - Tranzit. I don't want to make it boring for you, so I will just share my vision of this thread:

AIM: To create a community-feedback based model of the Game Mode. Suggestions, opinions, speculations, facts and theories - everything counts.

METHOD: Your feedback. YES, your own opinion, you sneaky lurker! That is all we need.

How will it work? It's simple! Post your theory about one or the other aspect of the game mode, if I think it's significant enough, I'll quote it in the original post!

And please, remember - NO LEAKS!

Let the game begin!

Definitely in the future. We've seen some futuristic guns as well as guns from '60-'80's era, but I believe we are in the future, after Richtofen takes control of the zombies, after the rockets hit the Earth. As of the original characters, I believe that when the survivors fight for their lives during Tranzit (map), our original characters either go back to Earth or find another secret Moon base, and I do believe more in the second option. Of course, they might as well be dead, since I'd guess Moon still takes place in XX century, whereas transit is probably 2025, however that would totally not fit to the story - or they could have done something in between Moon and Tranzit.

Time Setting: I'm with you and against you on this one. It is very possible that we are now in the future, but I don't believe we are even close to the year 2025. I believe we are in the 2000s, but maybe around what Bbobs2 is saying, which is 2012-2013. Don't forget, although the game takes place in a futuristic time setting, they promised that zombies would stay 1980s.

I believe the location of the maps is not random, but yet it is not that significant. Since the gamemode is meant to be some form of campaign, and we start as new characters, we cannot be sure where are we, and I predict that even the characters will be clueless.

Location: This is just a random guess based off of my hypothetical story (coming later in this post), but I think they may either be in New Jersey or Nevada. Reasons for this is because the diner they showed was found in new Jersey and if this is true that this maps takes place at the Han ford site, then it must be near Nuketown (since at Han ford they create atomic weapons, they need a place to test them), which leads to Nevada. Nevada is also more probable since that is where the O4 came from after finishing MOON (they start at Groom Lake, so why not end at Groom Lake?).

The story to the current map is unclear, since we did not get much clues about it in the trailer. I guess the people presented aren't some totally random guys, and maybe know each other well, they surely survived the rockets hitting Earth, and it seems like they know what they're doing.

Those people probably are not just some random characters that meet each other during the apocalypse. They seem to cooperate quite well and they pretty much know what they are doing. Maybe they have a specific aim, maybe they are just trying to survive and during their journey around "Tranzit" they find some clues or helpful items. I can't say they are just random people who survived the explosion, because I totally don't believe in that, and I am pretty certain you don't either.

Characters: I know a lot of us believe that the girl in-game looks exactly like the girl on the poster except a few minor detailed changes such as: her hair in a ponytail instead of long, somewhat different looking shirt, and somewhat different pants. This brings us to my theory. What if you can pick and customize characters now? It is a CAMPAIGN so maybe Treyarch wants you to have a tailored character for your CAMPAIGN playing experience. Now I'm not saying 'custom character', I'm saying 'customizable character'. There's a difference believe it or not. We're not making one from scratch, we're making our own premise of already/pre-made characters. You could have clean cut Dempsey or scruffy Nikolai with bruises and blood. You could even make the girl look exactly like she does on the poster! Just a thought.

Now, as weird as it sounds... I believe that this game mode will change a few things, like points. I think we won't be having points anymore. And I know we haven't seen much things to confirm it, but that is just the weird feeling I've got. I mean... We see a lot of guns, and we know there are weapons you can build, but we haven't seen any equipment on walls, and that would make sense since it is a very, very big map. We've seen box locations and box itself, but I think that the perks as well as the box and traps, if there are any could be free, I am sure that 3ARC would be able to balance it out somehow. Perks could be changing locations after being drunk, box could change location more often, traps would take more time to charge, etc.

To me it looks like there are a lot of new game mechanics, first off we have zombies being able to jump and grab onto things and slide down them which brings lot of new dynamics into the game, a lot can happen with these combinations.

It also looks like structures can fall, can't remember the thread but I believe someone put on about how they could see a structure standing then on the floor in the trailer.

Also the BUS! It will be available to for people to travel on during the game, as long as it doesn't leave without you :twisted:, this is what I believe the horns are for, once you hear it you best get to the bus otherwise it's going to be a long walk.

I am not sure how those will work... We've obviously seen Max Ammo in the trailer, but there might be only a few power ups, or maybe we will have p-ups dropping less often. I feel like they would change something about it, during the whole trailer we've seen only one power up, which is max ammo - the most desired, beneficial and iconic power up. It was a little odd to me.

We now have Richtofen in control so I am hoping for more power downs, less points, less ammo, gameplay problems you name it.

As for power ups I'm not really sure what else they can put in other than a power up to allow you to see through the dust when walking but then this would make a good perk or buyable item.

New perks, tombstone, traps, maybe a music machine? I would like to see one, and I assure you we will have some more perks, sooner or later in the game. As of the traps, the idea of traps you can construct yourself seems pretty cool, but I'd need to play the game first so I could decide... Anyway, I really want to see something like a PaP, but obviously having a different function. In the trailer we've seen a gun with a flashlight, so maybe an attachment machine?

We have weapons from both eras, as well as some weapons we can make ourselves... I'm not sure what to talk about... I really like this weird weapon we have at the end, but on the other hand it seems odd to me. I hope it will be a game mode exclusive weapon, cause I'd settle on "normal" Wonder Weapons playing classic.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this but I'll take it as buildables.

Firstly we saw the shields which looked like car doors so I'm thinking we can take anything (within coding reason) and batter zombies with it, this would mean a lot more melee weapons which many people have been asking for.

As for the bus a few I can think of are ones to speed the bus up, maybe a better engine or something (I'm no good with cars, but I can do computers :D), the quicker you are the faster you'll reach your destination and the less time you have to spend killing zombies on the bus and possibly getting downed.

Maybe one that makes the windows on the bus stronger, so less zombies will come in.

Maybe a quicker fuel pump, if the bus has to stop for fuel then wouldn't it be good to get it fueled up quicker.

Alright guys! Apart from the stops we saw in the trailer I suspect TWO additional stops that were not revealed. Here's why!

On the pieced together map posted, you can see the last stop shown has more path extending out, ending on what is obviously some kind of town or complex. Then more path loops out of THAT and is primarily out of sight from what we've seen so far. I suspect another stop just outside of our view in the map to the west. I think THIS one will have the current treyarch twitter pic as its map mark, because it depicts some kind of mountain formation.

VEEERRRIIILLLYYY!!!!!!

That's it guys, please contribute to the thread so I can add your own ideas to it!m not really sure what you mean by this but I

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread.

EDIT 3- Spoilers Fixed.

This is definitely set after the events of moon (because of Richtofens eye control), we can't be sure as we actually have no date for Moon so I'm going to say around 2012-2013, I'd like to think we went to moon in the present day (2012) and this is the aftermath. I have nothing to back up the date but it would be pretty cool.

I've said it on other threads but this seems like a great place to put it. I believe there are more than the 5 map locations as we don't NEED to take the bus route.

As for the location itself it isn't England (diner is English) so I'll presume American. I may look at some maps and the pieced together map to see if I can pin-point it. BUT we may just be in a future world where everything is connected.

I'm more than happy for this to take it's own route down the storyline road and maybe having hints towards the previous characters but for now we need another story.

The man looks VERY familiar and is annoying me a lot, they could be tied into the story but I think these are just our new characters which I'm happy with.

To me it looks like there are a lot of new game mechanics, first off we have zombies being able to jump and grab onto things and slide down them which brings lot of new dynamics into the game, a lot can happen with these combinations.

It also looks like structures can fall, can't remember the thread but I believe someone put on about how they could see a structure standing then on the floor in the trailer.

Also the BUS! It will be available to for people to travel on during the game, as long as it doesn't leave without you :twisted:, this is what I believe the horns are for, once you hear it you best get to the bus otherwise it's going to be a long walk.

We now have Richtofen in control so I am hoping for more power downs, less points, less ammo, gameplay problems you name it.

As for power ups I'm not really sure what else they can put in other than a power up to allow you to see through the dust when walking but then this would make a good perk or buyable item.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this but I'll take it as buildables.

Firstly we saw the shields which looked like car doors so I'm thinking we can take anything (within coding reason) and batter zombies with it, this would mean a lot more melee weapons which many people have been asking for.

As for the bus a few I can think of are ones to speed the bus up, maybe a better engine or something (I'm no good with cars, but I can do computers :D), the quicker you are the faster you'll reach your destination and the less time you have to spend killing zombies on the bus and possibly getting downed.

Maybe one that makes the windows on the bus stronger, so less zombies will come in.

Maybe a quicker fuel pump, if the bus has to stop for fuel then wouldn't it be good to get it fueled up quicker.

Finally onto weapons, there are a few weapons from Black Ops in there like the FN FAL and the Galil but I'm hoping for some modern weapons or future weapons all depending on what time period we're in.

The weapons shown at the end looks like the new WW and it would be nice for it to be a flame thrower one but odds are that isn't going to happen.

I think it's a pulse thing, you know in those desktop tower defense games and you get those little things that pulse circles out, that sort of pulse where all zombies around you get knocked back or just blown apart.

I may put more in later but this'll do for now!

Time Setting: I'm with you and against you on this one. It is very possible that we are now in the future, but I don't believe we are even close to the year 2025. I believe we are in the 2000s, but maybe around what Bbobs2 is saying, which is 2012-2013. Don't forget, although the game takes place in a futuristic time setting, they promised that zombies would stay 1980s.

Location: This is just a random guess based off of my hypothetical story (coming later in this post), but I think they may either be in New Jersey or Nevada. Reasons for this is because the diner they showed was found in new Jersey and if this is true that this maps takes place at the Han ford site, then it must be near Nuketown (since at Han ford they create atomic weapons, they need a place to test them), which leads to Nevada. Nevada is also more probable since that is where the O4 came from after finishing MOON (they start at Groom Lake, so why not end at Groom Lake?).

Story: After the events of MOON, the O4 accidently teleport back from MOON and into the Nuketown radiation bunker, which they cannot open. They are stuck in the bunker and have no possible way out from the 'inside'. Enter New 4. They escape whatever town/city their in (TranZit) and travel to Nuketown themselves. Their they must fight even more zombies AND save our O4, just like in COTD.

Characters: I know a lot of us believe that the girl in-game looks exactly like the girl on the poster except a few minor detailed changes such as: her hair in a ponytail instead of long, somewhat different looking shirt, and somewhat different pants. This brings us to my theory. What if you can pick and customize characters now? It is a CAMPAIGN so maybe Treyarch wants you to have a tailored character for your CAMPAIGN playing experience. Now I'm not saying 'custom character', I'm saying 'customizable character'. There's a difference believe it or not. We're not making one from scratch, we're making our own premise of already/pre-made characters. You could have clean cut Dempsey or scruffy Nikolai with bruises and blood. You could even make the girl look exactly like she does on the poster! Just a thought.

xXExpertCoahXx

What we need, is a cut scene. I'm hoping for one of those, I kind of want to see from earth's point of view from when the rockets 'hit'. That in itself would clear up a lot of speculation and theories regarding the EE on moon.

As for Tranzit, I also think the time setting will be present day obviously set after moon. But how long after moon? Time will tell. A range of weapons, old, new, futuristic. Whatever, I think the range of weapons we've all seen in the new trailer is good. This will give us all a chance to use different weapons and of course our favourites.

The characters; I think they'll be interesting, very interesting. Why? I don't know, all characters need depth and I think Treyarch will give us the depth we need to be able to piece together our own story line.

I don't have much else to say other than how fucking excited I am for this game, it's going to be the biggest one yet.

WOO FOR ZOMBIES.

Location: I don't know about this one, i have thought that we could be on a different planet because i have seen devs at treyarch kind of emphasise the phrase along the lines of '' a new zombie world'', however, because of the lava floor and what not im expecting to be on earth.

Characters: These 4 characters have allegedly survived 3 giant rockets crashing into earth, and by the looks of the setting they are on earth and that a rocket hit close to where they are. My guess is these characters weren't on earth at the time of the explosion or have travelled back/forward in time. They could be from another planet, or just somehow seem to have survived.

Weapons: I think this weapon will have a select fire option

As you can see there are 2 gauges, the one on the right looks like to me it says RPM 1500 underneath the gauge which makes me think we can either charge this up for about 4-5 seconds which will release a menacing blast of whatever and kill zombies instantly, or we can go for a more calmer less powerful option but is better for keeping ammo.

On the left, you can see a thermometer with what looks like a '2k' next to it, it could mean 2000 degrees or it could be irrelevance to the thermometer.

We also see a 1K over the green bar, and another 1K next to a red button which i haven't circled.

** right click, open image in new tab for full image**

As you can see there are 2 gauges, the one on the right looks like to me it says RPM 1500 underneath the gauge which makes me think we can either charge this up for about 4-5 seconds which will release a menacing blast of whatever and kill zombies instantly, or we can go for a more calmer less powerful option but is better for keeping ammo.

On the left, you can see a thermometer with what looks like a '2k' next to it, it could mean 2000 degrees or it could be irrelevance to the thermometer.

We also see a 1K over the green bar, and another 1K next to a red button which i haven't circled.

It doesn't say 1500RPM but RPM x1000, meaning that the 10 - 80 represent 10.000 - 80.000

RPM. That's a lot of rounds...

It doesn't say 1500RPM but RPM x1000, meaning that the 10 - 80 represent 10,000 - 80,000

I think the RPM they're referring to is Revolutions Per Minute, not Rounds Per Minute. 80,000 RPMs is significantly high for a spinning object. Most car engines have a redline of 8 to 10 thousand RPMs, with performance motorcycles and RC cars getting anywhere in the 10-30k range, but nowhere near 80,000 RPM. Whatever that weapon is, it is using an EXTREMELY high powered motor to power it.

It doesn't say 1500RPM but RPM x1000, meaning that the 10 - 80 represent 10,000 - 80,000

I think the RPM they're referring to is Revolutions Per Minute, not Rounds Per Minute. 80,000 RPMs is significantly high for a spinning object. Most car engines have a redline of 8 to 10 thousand RPMs, with performance motorcycles and RC cars getting anywhere in the 10-30k range, but nowhere near 80,000 RPM. Whatever that weapon is, it is using an EXTREMELY high powered motor to power it.

I never thought of revolutions per minute... I think its just a huge laser cannonn that you have to charge up to reach maximum damage which will cause it to spin more thus more vibration and then it being less accurate .The sounds on the trailer sound like its either frying the zombies or piercing them like a knife, 80,000 RPM is alot, the characters must be extremely strong to hold that without it flying out of their hands... :lol: Its probably quite un-accurate, but powerful

Another thread? We don't even know whether Tranzit is a game mode or a map, or something in between yet.

Why not? It's not some "Oh I think Transit is some new big ass map!111!1!!!!!!11!!oneone!!11one".

And yes, it's a confirmed game mode.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/2 ... nzit-grief

Anyone else think we will be getting TranZit sized maps in future DLC, as if this is going to replace the actual zombie 'maps'?

I think DLC's will just expand the current TranZit, since it's said to be a campaign for zombies. You don't put two or more campaigns to game, not in COD at least.

I know what you mean but please notice Tranzit and Classic game mode is mentioned separately. These are different game modes, I believe that Classic will be the TranZit map separated into few smaller maps, whereas on TranZit you play it as one big map with different objectives.

Agreed. TranZit is the campaign mode whereas survival and grief mode take place in the smaller sections of TranZit.

Sounds to me like another L4D spinoff.

I am not too sure about this idea as well... I mean, that's not how zombies were supposed to be originally, and I am aware that we still have a classic mode... But with TranZit, I think that original maps with O4 would work better as a "campaign" part of the zombies mode.

Location: I don't know about this one, i have thought that we could be on a different planet because i have seen devs at treyarch kind of emphasise the phrase along the lines of '' a new zombie world'', however, because of the lava floor and what not im expecting to be on earth.

Characters: These 4 characters have allegedly survived 3 giant rockets crashing into earth, and by the looks of the setting they are on earth and that a rocket hit close to where they are. My guess is these characters weren't on earth at the time of the explosion or have travelled back/forward in time. They could be from another planet, or just somehow seem to have survived.

Weapons: I think this weapon will have a select fire option

** right click, open image in new tab for full image**

I think the Campaign will take place on eart the survival modes however could take place in different planets like Mars or even different dimensions.

i just noticed that the guy charakter looks to me like young Romero and the girl could be Sarah???Probably i am wrong but match old Romero with the dark head charakter you will see.I am honestly glad that they have listened and created for us such a epic new Campaign and other modes.

Yep, it was mentioned a lot that he looks like young Romero, and it actually kind of works if we think it's in 70-80's...