Weird Happenings On CoDz (Updated 2.)

Shapeshifter

Vigenere cypher was invented by a French Diplomat in the 16th century. I have attempted to plug qarantaine into the cipher,but no luck.

It makes me think more and more about the possible connection to Paris and the Catacombs. (Though the catacombs themselves were not formed until the 18th century, so I can't be too sure if that is a solid lead, aside from the catacombs commonly being referred to as a gateway to hell.)

Quarantaine is spelled right in french... There is a lot of France references, although they don't seem to mean too much.

Anyway, I am bored with plugging all sorts of relevant terms into the cipher, cause everything that comes out is just random series of letters. Maybe we will see something in the trailer? Or MrX will re-appear?

Open sesame?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigenere cypher was invented by a French Diplomat in the 16th century. I have attempted to plug qarantaine into the cipher,but no luck.

It makes me think more and more about the possible connection to Paris and the Catacombs. (Though the catacombs themselves were not formed until the 18th century, so I can't be too sure if that is a solid lead, aside from the catacombs commonly being referred to as a gateway to hell.)

Could this be related to the Tombstone perk?...

_AhXm9k1Uvk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tombstone_(comics)

Originally Tombstone had no superhuman powers, but has gained them through artificial means as a result of a "mutagenic" reaction to an experimental preservative gas absorbed into his bloodstream.

Could this be related to the Tombstone perk?...

_AhXm9k1Uvk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tombstone_(comics)

Originally Tombstone had no superhuman powers, but has gained them through artificial means as a result of a "mutagenic" reaction to an experimental preservative gas absorbed into his bloodstream.

Hm, could be related, but seems to be a long stretch.

By the way, welcome to CoDz... I take it you were lurking and decided to join up?

Paris... PARIS?!?!?! CATACOMBS?!?!?! My excitement levels are beyond orgasmic right now. In terms of this mysterious MrX, surely you guys realise it can ONLY be one person? Someone who knows how to access the site and do things better than anyone else that works for Treyarch? My friends, the mysterious MrX could very well be our lord and master sir Carbonfibah!

-Jolteon

Paris... PARIS?!?!?! CATACOMBS?!?!?! My excitement levels are beyond orgasmic right now. In terms of this mysterious MrX, surely you guys realise it can ONLY be one person? Someone who knows how to access the site and do things better than anyone else that works for Treyarch? My friends, the mysterious MrX could very well be our lord and master sir Carbonfibah!

-Jolteon

It makes a lot of sense

Yes, there's a man that goes simply by "X" in the terminal files. "X" sent emails to Hudson, Mason, and Weaver in 1977 and 1978. He seems to be more related to the campaign of Black Ops rather than the Zombies storyline. But it could be someone's play on words. Here's a link to the messages from "X" found on the terminal:

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... hp?t=18419

Whoever MrX was, something spooked him off.

I have been following this thread for a while now... very interesting.

His profile says he's 77, is there a specific reason this is their age?

Beseech means:

"Ask (someone) urgently and fervently to do something; implore; entreat" Or you could say begging.

So you could say, "A begging hell?", sounds painful...

I'm going to have some fun with this! Bring it MR X !

The Catacombs links are ringing out everywhere. If it is some sort of Catacombs link then it is most certainly someone that knows the forums well and theories that have been sparked here. The Catacombs theory became very well respected and acknowledged ever since Waffles posted his version on his Youtube channel. Honestly, I genuinely believe now that the Catacombs are being referenced now, and I still believe MrX is Carbon.

-Jolteon