Really Struggling with Verruckt

Sam Kennedy

I've just got the classic maps for black ops, and I've watched Superhands video on how to run a full map train, but I just can't get up to the levels where the zombies stop spawning in front of you.

If I start in the quick revive room, I end up having to run anti-clockwise around the map, and if I wait by the STG, I just get swarmed by a ton of zombies coming in the **** please report this topic, post ****, or get trapped going down the stairs.

I normally die on round 7, a few times I've managed to get up to round 11, but I'm obviously doing something wrong.

How should I handle the earlier rounds? I normally try and unlock the power room asap, then open up the whole map so I don't get trapped, but I always get spawns in front of me :(

Any help would be really appreciated :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not run a full map loop until round 15+. Try holding down Thompson or stg room. My fav is stg room with power door closed. Do this till 20, remember you can use box to get ray gun and freeze gun. I you make it till 20 the spawns would be faster , start at stg , walk for first few seconds then run down stairs , they shoul all be spawned behind you once you get into Tommy room. I'll make a video today illustrating this. If you need any help just ask, strategy team is still alive :|

Also, just have fun with the map, take the time to really appriciate it. Its a realy well made map and if you and a friend start playing it enough, you'll learn the strings of the map, if youre doing some trains, i like to do one in the Thompson room to start off with, then do the full map train when you got the guns

Sadly,it seems that our good friends superhands,tom,and choppernator,and apparently 99% of our strategic team,have decided to take a break.

Sadly,I am of no help,for I don't own Verruckt,but,there is one thing that is common in all zombie maps

If you keep practicing,you're going to get better

What are you talkin about? Me and Way are still here. :D

Yeah dude, just take it nice and easy. The best 'early round' place to hang out is by the Thompson, but that involves kiting in a really tough area. I can rarely get through 20 without going down once in the Thommy room, even with the door to spawn closed.

My suggestion is to use spawn control to your full advantage. Open up the doors slowly, meaning try to clear out every area before you're forced to move on. You can usually get to 12 or 13 using this. By that time, you will probably either have a Ray Gun or the Winter's Howl, and you can start running full map loops at that point. Just be sure to go very, very slow, especially up those stairs. Always run with your defensive gun out. Only shoot in the spawn or Thompson room.

That's about all I've got for ya. Sounds like Way has you covered for the most part. Good luck! :D

Thank you for the advice :)

I try to stay in one room as long as possible, but since I have to reload the thompson every 2 seconds, I quickly get overrun, run out of ammo, and have to unlock all the doors to the power room so I can use the box or buy the STG.

What's the strategy for surviving in the thompson or STG room? Just run around the pillar/doorway?

Cheers :)

Thank you for the advice :)

I try to stay in one room as long as possible, but since I have to reload the thompson every 2 seconds, I quickly get overrun, run out of ammo, and have to unlock all the doors to the power room so I can use the box or buy the STG.

What's the strategy for surviving in the thompson or STG room? Just run around the pillar/doorway?

Here it is.. I have used wall guns only but if you have a ray gun or another power weapon you can clear the entire horde when you approach stg from double tap. This way

you can start another loop.

FYI..There is a 3-5 second delay in Live commentary.

Thank you very much for taking the time to make those videos! :D

I noticed that I was doing so many things wrong that I'll have to watch them again so I can remember them all.

The only thing I was unclear on was when you said if I started to get overrun, to stand somewhere and wait for the Betty's to go off, but because of the delay in the commentary I wasn't sure exactly where the spot was.

Thank you very much for taking the time to make those videos! :D

I noticed that I was doing so many things wrong that I'll have to watch them again so I can remember them all.

The only thing I was unclear on was when you said if I started to get overrun, to stand somewhere and wait for the Betty's to go off, but because of the delay in the commentary I wasn't sure exactly where the spot was.

Yea there was a delay in commentary but I am sure you figured out the spot. It's basically close to the door when I put all bettys and just run inside and try to run that train. If u think u are stuck just open the door and start running full map loops. Glad the videos helped. If you need anything just ask.

I did a lot better this time! I got up to round 13, but I made 2 big mistakes:

-I got snagged on a bit of debris in the corner of the thompson room and went down

-Then I electrocuted myself with the trap :lol:

I started the full map train on round 7 after getting all the perks and didn't run into have any problems (apart from those caused by stupidity). With double tap I could quickly clear zombies which had spawned in front of me.

When would you recommend getting a box weapon, and when should I start using the traps?

Thank You :)

-Sam

Good job on improving your round.

At round 15, zombies will spawn quick enough for you to do full map loops. However the problem with this is when you approach staircase even one zombie can block you and kill you. This is why you need to be careful when you kill zombies, because there can be 24 zombies at max on the map and you have between 50-100 zombies in total for those rounds (10-20) , traps are unneccesary and can get your in trouble if the horde is not compressed. I wouldn't recommend traps anytime before 25.

Here is an Easy setup for you.

1-5: thompson room

5-10: Get power, perks, Camping STG/Thompson only with one door closed.

10+: Box. Look for Commano/Galil/Aug/Ray gun. RPK and HK are fine but can easily down you while running because of their mobility . It is never a good idea to run and gun with these guns which is what you will be doing when you do a full map loops.

15+: Ray gun, freeze gun hjighly preferred. Just start at stg, running towards **** please report this topic, post ****/speed cola. run around map slowly. Kill them between MP40 and stg room should be very easy if you have ray gun and Winters howl. Make sure you have Winters howl while running.

25+: Traps

Got up to 21, ran into a zombie which I didn't see (damn colour blindness!)

That's the highest I've got on any map :) (Yes I'm very new to this haha)

I know which mistakes to look out for, I tend to move backwards while shooting, but I end up moving past the doorway to the next room and trapping myself :\

There's also a little bit of wall when you first walk into the stg room from the mp40 room which can get you trapped.

I'll give it another go tomorrow, I'll aim for round 30 :)

Cheers!

-Sam

Got up to 21, ran into a zombie which I didn't see (damn colour blindness!)

That's the highest I've got on any map :) (Yes I'm very new to this haha)

I know which mistakes to look out for, I tend to move backwards while shooting, but I end up moving past the doorway to the next room and trapping myself :\

There's also a little bit of wall when you first walk into the stg room from the mp40 room which can get you trapped.

I'll give it another go tomorrow, I'll aim for round 30 :)

Cheers!

-Sam

Very good, I am glad my tips are helping you out. You will surely get there mate. Keep trying.

Heres a couple of tips

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18158

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19467

Some general zombie info

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=18800http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=19165

I haven't actually got the map, so I cant help you that much. But read these and I'm sure you will pick up a thing or two. Practice makes perfection, keep moving, always check behind. Practice getting a train going in order to save your bullets and well as your ass.

• 1 month later...

I typically start in the **** please report this topic, post **** wait for the first group to break through, then get down to the thompson room. Once you get in there, it's easier to slow down, group them up as you head up stairs and lead them throught the trap near double tap.

I basically watched TheRelaxingEnd to get a basic strategy, then did what worked best for me, with the players I'm with.

Sadly,it seems that our good friends superhands,tom,and choppernator,and apparently 99% of our strategic team,have decided to take a break.

Sadly,I am of no help,for I don't own Verruckt,but,there is one thing that is common in all zombie maps

If you keep practicing,you're going to get better

What are you talkin about? Me and Way are still here. :D

Yeah dude, just take it nice and easy. The best 'early round' place to hang out is by the Thompson, but that involves kiting in a really tough area. I can rarely get through 20 without going down once in the Thommy room, even with the door to spawn closed.

My suggestion is to use spawn control to your full advantage. Open up the doors slowly, meaning try to clear out every area before you're forced to move on. You can usually get to 12 or 13 using this. By that time, you will probably either have a Ray Gun or the Winter's Howl, and you can start running full map loops at that point. Just be sure to go very, very slow, especially up those stairs. Always run with your defensive gun out. Only shoot in the spawn or Thompson room.

That's about all I've got for ya. Sounds like Way has you covered for the most part. Good luck! :D

Whoops, make it 80% of our strategic members :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At round 10, the zombies from that point on will be runners.

My arsenal will simply be the STG and the Raygun. Getting the ray gun in verrukt is easy than in other maps I think.

For perks its just Jugg, Spped and Double-Tap.

Now -and you probably will think this is crazy- I DO NOT reboard windows.

Why? Easy really. When I run around the map, the zombies can easily enter the map without taking time with the boards, they can easily merge with the herd.

Whenever a round starts, I keep running (Not Sprinting) around the map. I use the window on the wall across from the STG as a starting line. Once I make it back to here, I put One Board on that window then Unload ONE CLIP into the Herd, then continue running. By the time I get out of the **** please report this topic, post ****, Zombies would come into the map from the Window I boarded, the window down stairs by in the power station. Now some would come in from the window behind by speed and from the window near the doorway to the **** please report this topic, post **** but I'd be far ahead of them.

Repeat Till All are Gone.

I like gowing Clockwise around the map once all the doors are open. (Clockwise as in Revive, Jugg, Speed, Mule.) Also you can tell how many Zombies are left. I you reach the stairs leading down the the Tommy Room, look out the window and look to the door to the power room. If zombies are still coming out of the room, you still got alot more to kill.

So I hope I explained my survival plan. I got another one for Der Riese, I'm working on.