Ascension Poster Debate - Richtofen or Someone Else?

Artist Rendition? Who pays a firm $1000s of dollars to get three of the characters spot on(sorry, I believe the other three are very close...close enough to where I didn't question who it was when I saw them) and then drastically mess up another? It makes no sense. Artist rendition is a huge cop out to not understanding why they would throw him in there.

So here's my question. Whether you believe that it is Richtofen or not, tell me who the man on the poster looks more like. Does he look like Richtofen, or does he look like the man from CoDZL. Honestly that's all I want to know.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the scar I see in the poster is under the man's left eye(from his perspective). In the CoDZL video, he also has that same scar under his left eye. I highly doubt he came into shooting with that scar under his eye. He also is dressed almost the same as that picture.

Treyarch could be epic trolling us with this, hoping that this discussion would start. But they look exactly the same, probably on purpose.

• Moderators

We are just spinning in a circle.

Both sides use the same arguements. Because everything has been said. Now people have to look at them and make up their own mind.

The only we can settle this is by asking someone at Treyarch. :lol:

Ugh, you guys are hopeless. I love how you quote two words out of my response, all the while ignoring all of my valid points. It's really just sad more than anything.

Don't care to address the issue of the CotD trailer which makes mistakes as well? No? Or did you already make a thread on how there's actually dual sawed offs in CotD somewhere?

Seriously, this is common sense. The fact that 11 people think it's the CoDZL guy is just frightening in regards to the theorizing currently going on here at CoDz. The future is definitely black.

Man I could really use some support here! Tac? Mac? Blind? Mix? Where are you guys?! Alpha? MMX? ANYONE?!!!?

• Moderators

Ugh, you guys are hopeless. I love how you quote two words out of my response, all the while ignoring all of my valid points. It's really just sad more than anything.

Don't care to address the issue of the CotD trailer which makes mistakes as well? No? Or did you already make a thread on how there's actually dual sawed offs in CotD somewhere?

Seriously, this is common sense. The fact that 11 people think it's the CoDZL guy is just frightening in regards to the theorizing currently going on here at CoDz. The future is definitely black.

Man I could really use some support here! Tac? Mac? Blind? Mix? Where are you guys?! Alpha? MMX? ANYONE?!!!?

HEY!

I am fighting this battle since the beginning.

Thank you for ignoring me. :P

This hits the nail on the head though. :/

Dear lord, we REALLY need someone from Treyarch to settle this. Look at those poll numbers, we've got the community split almost exactly in half here. Also, we've now got THREE people who voted other, come on guys, tell us what you're thinking when you do that...

I'm still undecided! I mean, of course Richtofen is the most logical choice, but to be honest, since when has logic played a role in zombies? :lol:

Yeah I think Lenne said it best that we're pretty much going in circles. Until BO2 comes out or we get a specific leak pertaining to this topic - we're pretty much left to introspection.

The only way forward is trying to figure out what we DON'T have already in terms of information that IS out there: (confusing sentence, but here's what I mean)

1. publisher/artist of the FS poster?

2. actor list for CODZL trailer. Unfortunately I looked on IMDB and there isn't a listing, but it would be really great to get some of the actors names and see if they may have put something on their wiki, linkdin, anything that might give us a hint.

3. confirmation that the waffe was destroyed from der to kino because it overloaded the teleporter? I only say this because Fated and I were speculating on whether the First Strike poster SOMEHOW MAYBE PROBABLY NOT related to BO2 - thus the whole sequence could be taking place after BO Z's events which would explain the weapons and hey, mystery bald guy that is (until proven not) supposedly Richtofen. I know I know totally stupid, no way 3arc could have ever planned so far ahead. Bring on the flood of people lambasting me for saying such a treacherous thing. I SAID SPECULATING :lol:

• Moderators

The other three seem pretty spot on to me.

What else did I ignore?

The fact that he said that the whole poster doesn't make scence.

And I still think that you think that artworks are the most reliable source ever.

And the fact that the whole lab trailer isn't really related to the storyline.

To me it just seems,that you want to have a theory so badly,that you just don't listen to some things. (I know this is rude and I am sorry for that,but I am sure there are other more important things to discuss and don't get me wrong,I like this discussion (I mean it boosted my post count by at least 50 posts in not even 2 days :? :lol: ).

But there is no scence in talking about a topic,that is based on an assumption and most likely will turn out to be pointless (at least story line wise).

The difference Shooter is that the CotD bit was a cutscene that WAS in the game. This poster was in no part of the game. Different things entirely.

i think that's more evidence for the poster than anythign else... i mean i have the CotD poster, and sure everyone looks exactly like they do in the game on that poster..... because the poster is not hand drawn it's Computer generated graphics, so of course it's spot on. the first strike poster is hand drawn, and like the pictures above show, each of the characters have some deviation from their digital selves. i don't know what you 11 guys are seeing, but it looks like richtofen to me

• Moderators

But there is no scence in talking about a topic,that is based on an assumption and most likely will turn out to be pointless (at least story line wise).

I agree with everything but this. There ARE still some things we do not know for sure that could potentially help. I listed them above.

I overlooked your post,sorry.

Well I personally wouldn't know where to start search for the first 2 points. And you already started and couldn't find anything really helpfull. (on that note what does "IMDB" mean?

And the third post is really "just" speculating.

I honestly think that we need someone from Treyarch to tell us if it is Richtofen or not. :lol:

This poster keep in mind is simply marketing/promotional materials to advertise the new map pack. would they make a movie poster for the dark night rises with all the correct actors except have jason bateman playing batman? that makes just as much sense as putting a random person with the other 3 known characters on an advertisement for first strike.... think about it guys lol

• Moderators

This poster keep in mind is simply marketing/promotional materials to advertise the new map pack. would they make a movie poster for the dark night rises with all the correct actors except have jason bateman playing batman? that makes just as much sense as putting a random person with the other 3 known characters on an advertisement for first strike.... think about it guys lol

This has been said a billion times now. :P

Well,not in the same way,but you know what I mean. :lol:

Putting aside who the man in the poster looks more like, he does still retain some resemblance to Richtofen. No one can deny that. In that side by side comparison, He does look very much like Richtofen. And the other characters (except for Takeo) do look a little off as well.

Also, I believe the poster was never meant to be taken seriously. If we are suppose to take it seriously, then where are the nova crawlers and other wunder weapons in Ascension?

And yes, it is pretty damn difficult to hand draw computer-rendered graphics. I don't care how good of an artist you are, very few people can draw graphics that well without the aid of advanced technology.

think about it guys lol

we have been. we are. we will continue to.

Well I personally wouldn't know where to start search for the first 2 points. And you already started and couldn't find anything really helpfull. (on that note what does "IMDB" mean?

And the third post is really "just" speculating.

I honestly think that we need someone from Treyarch to tell us if it is Richtofen or not. :lol:

Imdb = international movie data base, I think. It'll pretty much give you the director, actors, producers, all the ins and outs of any production (advertisments included - if an actor lists them as a job :? )

Yeah the third point is for sure more speculative. I guess that wouldn't really solidify anything considering the waffe progressed canonically until CoTD. So nix that.

I have taken your advice, I am turning to twitter.

If it's Richtofen, ok. Honestly, that's fine with me. I started the topic wanting to know who this is. If it turns out to be him, great. If not, then we have a problem. I promise I'm not trying to just ignore things. I understand where all of you are coming from, but I disagree with one point that someone made. I first looked at that poster and recognized every character except the man on the left and just assumed it must be Richtofen. After looking at faces, body builds, outfits, etc., I just don't see it. It doesn't even look like him, IMO. It looks much more like the CoDZL man than Richtofen.

If I'm wrong, fine by me. I just wish we could get some confirmation one way or another...oh Reza...

If it's Richtofen, ok. Honestly, that's fine with me. I started the topic wanting to know who this is. If it turns out to be him, great. If not, then we have a problem. I promise I'm not trying to just ignore things. I understand where all of you are coming from, but I disagree with one point that someone made. I first looked at that poster and recognized every character except the man on the left and just assumed it must be Richtofen. After looking at faces, body builds, outfits, etc., I just don't see it. It doesn't even look like him, IMO. It looks much more like the CoDZL man than Richtofen.

If I'm wrong, fine by me. I just wish we could get some confirmation one way or another...oh Reza...

take it to the tweeter-verse avec moi.