Weapons, Killstreaks, Perks [Legit].

Zaptn.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Edit: Great post BTW!

WOW that's great!

So we have scorestreaks instead of killstreaks. Does this mean that everything (in a way) will count towards the score-streak.

50 per score-streak destruction.

100 per kill (inc. knife) + grabbing flag

125. In the trailer when the user uses the Guardian (as it's called) and the player kills them they get 125 points as part of a guardian supress bonus.

150 for a flag capture

A whopping 200 points for killing someone while you're holding a flag

This does seem like a better alternative to ordinary streaks. That would explain the growing bar (instead of a bar representing kills it represents the amount of 'points' needed, I like that :D )

The score-streaks look very good this year with a total of 22 so far it seems like there is a lot more customisability this year.

Also from another article from their website: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/1 ... in/2756745

"Certain Score Streaks can add even more points to your score. While your UAV is active, for example, you'll get a 25 point bonus for every kill your teammates make."

Score-streaks can add to another score-streak meaning that many of the smaller streaks can be used to obtain bigger rewards.

"Changes are also coming to Call of Duty's perks system in Black Ops 2. No longer will perks have an effect on the performance of your guns — no Deep Impact for better bullet penetration, no Steady Aim for improved hip fire accuracy. All weapon-related enhancements are limited to attachments, Treyarch says."

This does mean that Slight of Hand won't be available as it will all depend on the attachments you put on the weapon.

Finally I believe that at the bottom of the create a class are the 'wildcards' that are in the original article you posted:

Primary Gunfighter — Allows a 3rd attachment for the primary weapon.

Secondary Gunfighter — Allows a 2nd attachment for the secondary weapon.

Overkill — Take a primary weapon as your secondary weapon.

Danger Close — Take a second Lethal.

Perk 1 Greed — Take a second Perk 1.

Perk 2 Greed — Take a second Perk 2.

Perk 3 Greed — Take a second Perk 3.

Tactician — Take a Tactical grenade in place of your lethal Grenade.

Are all available

I've probably stated the obvious + sorry for the big response but yeah i'm excited :D

I love classes designed to be perfect for playing to an objective. I personally had a capture the flag class and a ninja plant/defuse demolition class in mw2. Now finally it will matter, because plants, defuses, captures will count towards "score streaks"! Finally! Sometimes I am on a massively dominant team in domination but we lose because I am the only person actually capturing the bases! ELECTRIC JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! But now people have more motivation to actually play the game rather than giving up halfway through and just shooting the fuck out of everyone. I mean reeeeaallyy. Come on people!

-V

Only thing i dont like is that Hardline and lightweight are both tier 1, I like to have both for my rush class. Oh well

You do realize that you'll be able to have up to three of the same tier perks? Whatever you invest your skill points in. You can have all three of Tier 3 perks (yellow) and only have a pistol or have a LMG with one perk in Tier 2 (red) and two in Tier 1 (blue).

Only thing i dont like is that Hardline and lightweight are both tier 1, I like to have both for my rush class. Oh well

You do realize that you'll be able to have up to three of the same tier perks? Whatever you invest your skill points in. You can have all three of Tier 3 perks (yellow) and only have a pistol or have a LMG with one perk in Tier 2 (red) and two in Tier 1 (blue).

Wrong.

To gain two of each colour perk you must use the "Greed Wild Cards" Perk 1 greed allows you to choose two perks from tier one, perk 2 greed allows you to do the same but with tier 2 perks and perk 3 greed does the same but for tier 3 perks.

Each wild card costs one point, but the maximum amount of perks you're allowed from each tier is 2 perks.

I think those bars at the bottom of the "Pick 10" thing also have something to do with knifing. After watching many videos coming out of gamescom last night, I noticed that at one point a guy had to pull out a knife to use it. Then in another gameplay video, I saw a guy knife without having to pull it out, just like how it's always been.

I believe the default setting is you have to pull out the knife to use it, but there is a wildcard (or whatever they're called) that allows you to use the knife without pulling it out first.

I think those bars at the bottom of the "Pick 10" thing also have something to do with knifing. After watching many videos coming out of gamescom last night, I noticed that at one point a guy had to pull out a knife to use it. Then in another gameplay video, I saw a guy knife without having to pull it out, just like how it's always been.

I believe the default setting is you have to pull out the knife to use it, but there is a wildcard (or whatever they're called) that allows you to use the knife without pulling it out first.

The bars at the bottom of Pick 10 are your wild cards.

The knife is not a separate weapon, it is always there. When you saw it get pulled out it was because the player was only using one weapon (A primary and no secondary or a secondary and no primary) they then ran out of ammo, once this happens the knife is drawn because it's the only weapon you have left, it still works the same.

I think those bars at the bottom of the "Pick 10" thing also have something to do with knifing. After watching many videos coming out of gamescom last night,

I know this is slightly off topic but where can I find these vids from gamescon. I've been searching over YT but can't find any that are useful. Thanks in advance for any help :D

Also that is a pretty good idea having the knife being pulled out as your last resort weapon when you run out of ammo... very clever, so glad I've pre-ordered it.

I think those bars at the bottom of the "Pick 10" thing also have something to do with knifing. After watching many videos coming out of gamescom last night,

I know this is slightly off topic but where can I find these vids from gamescon. I've been searching over YT but can't find any that are useful. Thanks in advance for any help :D

Also that is a pretty good idea having the knife being pulled out as your last resort weapon when you run out of ammo... very clever, so glad I've pre-ordered it.

Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp

Wrong.

To gain two of each colour perk you must use the "Greed Wild Cards" Perk 1 greed allows you to choose two perks from tier one, perk 2 greed allows you to do the same but with tier 2 perks and perk 3 greed does the same but for tier 3 perks.

Each wild card costs one point, but the maximum amount of perks you're allowed from each tier is 2 perks.

That's basically what I said...I just didn't know what the wild cards were.

I really like how perks are strictly player enhancements and weapon attachments are strictly weapon enhancements. I'm surprised it took 5 years... :D

here here :P

And I also love the idea of substituting weapons for perks etc. I for one play for fun, runnig around knifing and being a fool :P Removing my weapons is all I ever wanted to do :D

My ideal class from this: (better use it fast before it gets nerfed :3)

•Combat knife

•Lightweight

•Fast Hands

•Dexterity

•Marathon (Wild card: perk 3 greed)

•Combat Axe

(unsure about tac grenade :3 so much choice!)

•Counter-UAV (I am a big troll :3)

•War Machine (do love GLs :P)

•EMP Systems (Like I said, big troll)

Also, do we know if GLs (now being nerfed to oblivion themselves) will be able to be scavengable? Or are they going to nerf it even more by cutting out other types of grenades, letting you only scavenge for your rifle/pistol etc?

Also, apologies if I missed something, but can someone explain wildcards to me?

Wildcards are new, unusual bonuses that you can spent your spare points on. You can use them for the stuff like 3 attachments on a primary, one more perk (limited one extra perk per tier), and 2 attachments on a secondary.

I'm so glad the knife is a 2-hit kill, I've been wanting that since MW2. :D

Wildcards are new, unusual bonuses that you can spent your spare points on. You can use them for the stuff like 3 attachments on a primary, one more perk (limited one extra perk per tier), and 2 attachments on a secondary.

I'm so glad the knife is a 2-hit kill, I've been wanting that since MW2. :D

I'm so glad the knife is a 2-hit kill

I'm so glad the knife is a 2-hit kill

I'm so glad the knife is a 2-hit kill....

(Shoots himself)

:P I agree with you, its more realistic and better for the game, just I've been running around knifing since CoD 1 (when it was clubbing with the stock of the rifle :P) So this is a shame... but hey, the original CoD was more than one hit melees, so back to my CoD 1 strategy! :D

Also, thank you for the info on wildcards ^.^ Would that mean I could remove my primary and secondary and use the points on wildcards?

Been thinking about it for the past day and I suppose that the fact that the knife is a two hit kill does make it more realistic and with all the different knifes there would be a lot more to choose from meaning even more customisability :D

Aslong as the original knife doesn't become useless (so it is more effective to just shoot them0 then I'll be fine with it.

BRING ON BLACK OPS II