Zombies Campaign Discussion Page

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also never said that it COULDN'T happen.

My point was more that they wouldn't do it without changing the core of zombies (Gameplay and EE). They would need to do a story with an entirely different cast of characters to do this campaign, because most of us want to stick with our old classic zombie slayers in the same form as they are currently. The biggest thing is they would get rid of EE if they had a campaign, so in a sense they can't really have it that way.

There was also the thought of EE progressing the story, but then that sounds exactly like regular zombies, making campaign 100% pointless as it is.

It COULD happen, but I think it's extremely unlikely.

Its not exactly the same. And why have the story maps be the same if we will have different game modes that all ready incorporate survival based games? Change is coming whether we like it or not so suck it up.

What I'm saying is, it's still survival based which means it WILL be exactly the same if it has EE, because if it wasn't it would be basically a L4D campaign. I honestly doubt they even have the time to do a full second campaign. Big changes are not always good, my friend, I will not suck it up because it's probably not even going to happen.

Reza Elghazi

@_rez_

Producer of Zombies at Treyarch (Call of Duty: Black Ops & Black Ops II) - my opinions are mine and mine alone -

Hermosa Beach, CA, USA · http://rez.vg

Reza Elghazi ‏@_rez_

E3 2012's Most Anticipated: Black Ops 2 http://bit.ly/Ka57lt

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Mmmm well, it's a start. Granted I think he could have missed the part about that, or couldn't outright say anything, but maybe that's just because I don't want it to happen. Still, I'm not going to outright say that it's confirmed, because after all, this is only one guy.

Also, treyarch generally doesn't confirm or deny things unless it has to do with copyright issues like the Iron Wolf thing awhile back.

Why wouldn't you want it to happen? It sounds like the most amazing thing for Treyarch to do with zombies yet!

Because it could turn out to be dull, boring, only a one time play type of thing. Basically gets rid of EEs that we all know and love. Could end up like L4D, which I mostly hated gameplay wise.

You know, if it played out like resident evil, not a CoD game, I think it would be pretty awesome. But otherwise, it just doesn't sound fun to me. It really doesn't have anything amazing.

Oh, and we could potentially lose out on our favorite zombie slayers for regular survival. That would honestly kinda suck.

But the thing is there not taking away survival. They are keeping all core game play mechanics. Their just adding extra stuff to expand the zombie universe.

You missed the point, bro. I want to play as Dempsey & Co in survival, and have EE (both big, and radio messages). If they just did basically what they have now for zombies, but made it progressive (like to another map), then why couldn't they have just made those into maps with no progression through levels?

It would pretty much be different in the campaign aspect. I already gave you my reasons for why survival won't really be the same above. Gameplay may not change, but there are other aspects out there.

I also don't get why some people want campaign so much. Makes things kinda one dimensional, especially in a CoD game.

• Administrators

What I don't think that you understand is that a standard mode that we already have is GUARANTEED and CONFIRMED by Mark Lamia.

If you love playing Zombies with the mode that we have, the wave based mode, survival mode, you've got that.

The normal mode is there, so if you don't want a campaign mode don't play it. What you are saying is that if they implement a campaign version, they will get rid of the original mode and that we won't be able to play the current gang we've got and have the EE's that we all love. They are just adding more extra modes outside of the normal survival, wave based system we've got now.

Keeping the same formular for 6 years is one dimensional. The same old formular is starting to wear a bit, dont get me wrong i love how it is atm but i dont want to buy the new game to find its the same but with different maps.

This is just speculation to me, but with eight players, they might do the old gang with a new gang, and make it to where the campaign is to sum up how the new people got there when the apocalypse started. A way to show how the new characters met with the old and a way to show how the old got off of the Moon and to wherever they are.

Just because they would have a campaign doesn't mean they'll take away EE's. Maybe the EE's could reveal more about the story than what the campaign did. I don't get why people are so opposed to this. All I saw before, across many websites, was people wanting a zombies campaign, and now they don't? I just don't get it.

Also, I don't think the campaign would cover any DLC maps, or else that would ruin the whole point of playing them several months later. And I also HIGHLY doubt Treyarch will do anything to disappoint us, so if they have made a campaign in zombies for us, then I am very anxious to see what they do with it. It's a fantastic story and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Okay, you know what, since I'm not getting anywhere with you people, I'm going to ask you guys: Why the hell do you want a zombie campaign?

With 3arc having to do normal campaign, multiplayer, and normal zombies all at the same time, I can tell you it is extremely unlikely that they would do a zombie campaign as well. Video games aren't exactly easy to make. It could end up being terribly done.

It might end up like a CoD campaign, a one time thing regardless of if you have Co-op or not. Could end up like L4D. Terrible, IMO.

I want to find out the story, but not like this. I just don't see campaign happening. I'm going to end it like this. Give me an actual good reason for there to be a zombie campaign, other than the fact that it progresses the zombie story, and maybe I'll be open minded.

Actually, no I won't. I'm too stubborn as many of you know. But maybe I'll actually respect your opinions more, because right now I really just don't get it.

Okay, you know what, since I'm not getting anywhere with you people, I'm going to ask you guys: Why the hell do you want a zombie campaign?

With 3arc having to do normal campaign, multiplayer, and normal zombies all at the same time, I can tell you it is extremely unlikely that they would do a zombie campaign as well. Video games aren't exactly easy to make. It could end up being terribly done.

It might end up like a CoD campaign, a one time thing regardless of if you have Co-op or not. Could end up like L4D. Terrible, IMO.

I want to find out the story, but not like this. I just don't see campaign happening. I'm going to end it like this. Give me an actual good reason for there to be a zombie campaign, other than the fact that it progresses the zombie story, and maybe I'll be open minded.

Actually, no I won't. I'm too stubborn as many of you know. But maybe I'll actually respect your opinions more, because right now I really just don't get it.

*Sigh* As Jason Lives said to me...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Why do you even come on this site? All you've done since Zombies have been revealed is complain and whine about what you think possibly may not be good.

I've never been one to say this, but in your case I'll make an exception: Just play W@W since apparently you had an issue with half of Blops maps. There problem solved...

Jumping to conclusions has become the new pastime here. What you didn't get the memo? We're all suppossed to be cynical "interwebz" DB's who just shit on everything, because that's what cool kids do.

All I'm seeing is just more negativity. If having "confirmed zombie campaign" said to you makes your balls recede into your stomach and your ears bleed then maybe you should just give up hope on call of duty sir. :)

*Sigh* As Jason Lives said to me...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Why do you even come on this site? All you've done since Zombies have been revealed is complain and whine about what you think possibly may not be good.

I've never been one to say this, but in your case I'll make an exception: Just play W@W since apparently you had an issue with half of Blops maps. There problem solved...

Jumping to conclusions has become the new pastime here. What you didn't get the memo? We're all suppossed to be cynical "interwebz" DB's who just shit on everything, because that's what cool kids do.

All I'm seeing is just more negativity. If having "confirmed zombie campaign" said to you makes your balls recede into your stomach and your ears bleed then maybe you should just give up hope on call of duty sir. :)

Hypocrite... Seriously, you're using something that was used against you against me. Apparently you're just as negative, so don't go on like that.

At the very least I was going to STOP posting, but you just drew me back in. Thanks. People ALWAYS seem to do this. I asked people something, then you bring upon more negativity. Now, lets end this.

At the very least I am being negative on something that could possibly really suck, or not be how everyone wanted it to be. Now, please, could someone explain to me why Zombie Campaign is a good idea in a polite manor, and I will be polite in return.

Read my comment a little above and their is a decent reason to have a campaign. It could be based on the new 4 to sum up how they met the old 4.

Oh, well that would be somewhat interesting. I suspect, however, that 8 players is only for the competitive game mode they've discussed (4v4).

Like, I won't really care so much, as long as the story with the main crew is primarily how it is currently, but if it did something sorta like this I wouldn't mind so much, because the story continues with other maps.

Now that I think about it, if campaign bridged the gap between zombie maps, it could be potentially interesting as well.

zotd, I'm not saying its a bad thing or a good thing. its just a thing that may possibly be included. I think 3arc doing this could benefit in some way because it could turn out great and attract a new generation of slayers. however it could be bad because it could take away from the zombies we know, and by take away I mean take away time that could've been spent working on classic zombies or whatever they're calling it. so basically what I'm saying is that its happening and there is really nothing we can do about it. so we might as well enjoy what we are given and voice our opinions after the gift is released upon us.

Zombieofthedead,

I'll tell you why I want a campaign. And don't try to tell me not to say story progression. What do you think a campaign is for? It's to tell a story. Maybe your not a story guy. Maybe you read a book, put it down, and forget about. Maybe you only watch movies once, I don't know. But I like stories. I reread books and rewatch movies, and even replay single-player campaigns. I love the Black Ops campaign. Modern Warfare, not so much. Black Ops campaign, however, was great. Not flawless, but very good. And Zombies has a great story. 3arch could continue with the wave survival based game, but that really limits the ability to convey the story clearly and coherently to the intended audience. People like me are craving a traditional presentation of that story. Give me act one, and I'll buy DLC for Acts 2 and 3. Give me something to confirm what I always thought might have happened, or what really happened was beyond my imagining. Or give me a new story. But 3arch has shown it can deliver an outstanding product and I expect that whatever Black Ops Two does with zombies, I'll will be very happy, but demanding more.

Zombieofthedead,

I'll tell you why I want a campaign. And don't try to tell me not to say story progression. What do you think a campaign is for? It's to tell a story. Maybe your not a story guy. Maybe you read a book, put it down, and forget about. Maybe you only watch movies once, I don't know. But I like stories. I reread books and rewatch movies, and even replay single-player campaigns. I love the Black Ops campaign. Modern Warfare, not so much. Black Ops campaign, however, was great. Not flawless, but very good. And Zombies has a great story. 3arch could continue with the wave survival based game, but that really limits the ability to convey the story clearly and coherently to the intended audience. People like me are craving a traditional presentation of that story. Give me act one, and I'll buy DLC for Acts 2 and 3. Give me something to confirm what I always thought might have happened, or what really happened was beyond my imagining. Or give me a new story. But 3arch has shown it can deliver an outstanding product and I expect that whatever Black Ops Two does with zombies, I'll will be very happy, but demanding more.

Dude, I love stories, don't get me wrong, but in zombies it's different. I love how you have to find the story, instead of the typical way the campaign is.

And oh my god, I actually thought of a great idea for the campaign. What the crew went through before zombies.