Shangri-la most efficient high round solo strategy.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what round does this start being effective? It seems like anything before 30 would result in the spawns being too slow. :P

Also, what perks do you recommend? Is Stamin Up a must, or could you opt for something else like Speed or Mule Kick? Thanks! Really smart strategy that's reminiscent of VirtualVenom's Nacht strat. I dig. [brains]

Good work mate, seems like a lot of people are gunning for high rounds on Shang at the moment. I'm also currently on a run to 100, on round 80 at the moment, pausing it overnight to continue towards 100 tomorrow. Using a fast strategy on mine, can be a little risky but I'm comfortable with it, 0 downs thus far.

Anyways, spawn-control strategies (getting them to spawn in one area to get all of the zombies to follow out behind you) are by far the safest way to play the high rounds on solo. Good examples of this kind of strategy include Vzual's Nacht strategy, my COTD lighthouse strategy and the strategy being shown here.

Lemonade, this sort of strategy starts to work really nicely at about round 40, though can work at 30+.

I'm also gonna show a quick playthrough of lower rounds in my 100 video if I make it, to show a safe 10+ rounds strategy.

Actually this does start working right at about 40. I tried on 38 first and a few spawned at the mpl. Also I got to 71 this game but it just ended a little while ago because my power went off :( ! I will be trying again soon though. Oh and also I thought of that nacht strategy myself a few days befor he made that video he just beat me to it ;)

EDIT: Oh and also you dont need stamin up at all for this strategy, I just like to have because I prefer to have stamin up. I would not recommend mule kick because you only need two guns, m&s and JGB. Anything else would just get annoying having to switch through your weapons.

I know what you mean yeti, as I mentioned on another thread spawn-sotrol strategies like this are the type of things myself and Chopper come up with, if we'd studied nacht a bit recently I'm sure one of us would have come up with the very same strategy.

I see what you're saying 5and5. I think I prefer this strategy to Drac's full map loop though, just so much simpler ;)

I know what you mean yeti, as I mentioned on another thread spawn-sotrol strategies like this are the type of things myself and Chopper come up with, if we'd studied nacht a bit recently I'm sure one of us would have come up with the very same strategy.

I see what you're saying 5and5. I think I prefer this strategy to Drac's full map loop though, just so much simpler ;)

It's not quite a full map loop, Hands. It's an absolutely clutch way of rounding the zombies together, not to say that this isn't. Drac just runs in the spawn using some nice routes and the occasional dodge.

I think that Dracs is quicker, 5and5, but this one is safer by far. Drac's requires so much concentration and timing, where as this gets you into the groove quicker.

It's not quite a full map loop, Hands. It's an absolutely clutch way of rounding the zombies together, not to say that this isn't. Drac just runs in the spawn using some nice routes and the occasional dodge.

I think that Dracs is quicker, 5and5, but this one is safer by far. Drac's requires so much concentration and timing, where as this gets you into the groove quicker.

Nah Drac did do a spawn strategy at one point, but for the most part he did a full map loop.

HLjO6_GAcn4

He does a little spawn stuff in here messing around as he knows he's ending the game, but the proper stuff is full loops.

You sure, my friend? ;)

By4Z40mtZYo

I hate to say I told you so, but... :D

Drac did do a spawn strategy at one point, but for the most part he did a full map loop.

Believe me, I was watching his livestream a lot, pretty much the whole thing was full map ;)

Why did he stop this? I'm interested to find out.

Its not really full map loop as it is a half spawn half power. Drac just switched between them so the zombies would all ways be spawning behind him. He would groups them up in spawn, kill them in mpl then go to power and group and kill them there, then back to spawn to repeat. The group in power would take about the same amount of time as yeti's strat but the group in spawn would be faster. Therefore Drac strat would be a little faster but yeti's may be a little safer. Either way I still think the most efficient way to playing most black ops maps is in the spawn so why would Shang be any different. I've made it to 65 using spawn with only one down caused by a poorly handed flamer. So I'm sure drac could have made it to 100 using spawn only but probably not 145.

I think my strategy does take a little too long and I was thinking of ways to speed it up but I dont think there really is.

We worked out how to run semtex to AK safely in 2 different ways.....videos up soonish.

Reached 100 with said strategy today, 0 downs too which proves it's effectiveness as well as being nice and fast.

Got a video ready to release, but since Chopper is also going for this and we devised the strategy together with Tom also involved, Chopper and myself have decided to release our vids at the same time ;)

it is not the fastest [...] and it its not too slow.

Happy to see you corrected yourself ;)

You take about 55 seconds per wave. Others need half the time. And if you play 20h or 10h for the same round is quite a difference ;)

But the safety of this strategy is great. Well done!

it is not the fastest [...] and it its not too slow.

Happy to see you corrected yourself ;)

You take about 55 seconds per wave. Others need half the time. And if you play 20h or 10h for the same round is quite a difference ;)

But the safety of this strategy is great. Well done!

I was just putting this out there, I wouldnt do this again myself but anyone else who wants to go ahead.