Cod world at war 2?

Since the psn magazine has announced a shooter sequel on may the 6th.plus treyarch say they have a new cod game on there backs,i thought OVBIOUSLY!!! about zombies in the new cod.since earth is more or less blown to peices so maxis could release the vril ya (thats what i think with all of hollow earth and all that!)

the lazy choice would be to go back in time,which unfortunatly i belive treyarch will choose.(i do love treyarch)so i think it will be world at war 2!!!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World at War had by far the greatest solo game of any Call of Duty, but both the Russian and American campaigns were soundly closed at the end.

However, I have heard that there was a British campaign written (but not used) in the original scripts, and it would be really sweet to play in the French, Greek, or Serbian resistances as well.

World War Two is a conflict so incredibly full of drama that it is an endless tap for scripting, especially for FPS's. A few years ago there were so many WWII shooters out that the market was absolutely saturated, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare rose to prominence specifically rose to prominence because it departed from this backdrop without venturing into the sci-fi (halo) realms either.

However, it has been a few years since a high-budget WWII shooter has come out, and so I wouldn't be surprised if Treyarch has dabbled in the idea.

Mylittlehellhound have you ever seen the 1979 movie all quiet on the western front?it tells the story of the germans in ww1,showing that they are just trying to serve there country the same as we were.it a pretty good movie even for its age. the germans are always the bad guys lol.

Have you read the book of the same name? You won't regret it. :3

Mylittlehellhound have you ever seen the 1979 movie all quiet on the western front?it tells the story of the germans in ww1,showing that they are just trying to serve there country the same as we were.it a pretty good movie even for its age. the germans are always the bad guys lol.

its a remake of an earlier (and better) silent movie.

I haven't played call of duty 2, but I read a few times that its tone was lighter and less serious than WaW, but its tone was one of the things I liked about it

World War Two is a conflict so incredibly full of drama that it is an endless tap for scripting, especially for FPS's. A few years ago there were so many WWII shooters out that the market was absolutely saturated, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare rose to prominence specifically rose to prominence because it departed from this backdrop without venturing into the sci-fi (halo) realms either.

That is why there will most likely not be another World War 2 game for a while. The genre has gotten the poop beaten out of it. Much like how the modern era shooters are getting worn out as well. My guess is Treyarch will make another cold war era game. I really enjoyed the Black Ops campaign quite a lot actually. Black Ops 2 seams pretty likely to me, but that is just my opinion on the matter. Oh but don't get me wrong a new WWII game would be pretty sweet!!!

For once in my life i would want to p,ay as the Germans. Inever see their side of the story and it just seems like they are bad guys all the time.

Well they ARE the bad guys to be fair :lol:. I guess playing as the Germans would be cool ? Problem is a whole lot of people would get offended and would not buy the game. I mean the media would have a field day with it and Activision would probably end up with a lawsuit or two on there hands.

@ the posts on All quiet on the western front: My very first post on this site was about having that in CoD! :D We need to cut away the 'pc' in games i.e:

-a mission in Poland as a jewish resistance fighter watching the nazis destroy rows of buildings, then seeing him reappear as a character at the end when annother character liberates a death camp would highlight the horror and raise awareness better than any history documentary (unfortunately this is true, people will remember an interactive event over a book or show)

-missions as a german in a squad, who is not a nazi, events such as taking France to Russia highlighting the slow change in his mood and the tone of the war, making him question why wars are so, Eventually he dies under Russian torture as an act of revenge over Barbarossa. It would point out how the Germans you fight are not faceless evil Nazis but men like the allies, as well as how both sides should be condemned for their brutality and evil, not just the German people.

-Missions in Egypt, Crete and Greece! Emphasise the parts of the war people forget: the first use of paratroopers in the invasion of Crete which lead to the formation of the British parachute regiment; Italy and the mistakes made there; El Alamain etc!

-A japanese mission, explaining unbiasedly why they acted as they did and how their actions were due to their society as ours were in the war

-Finally, include the French, the Chinese, Indians, Commonwealth troops from Canada, South Africa and Aus/NZ, why does every US soldier have to be an OORAH marine like dempsy? Why is every Brit either a cockney or a high class well spoken chap?

And don't forget the fact that the war was not all good, but it wa not all horror and death! Men were evil but others treated enemy officers and troops with millitary honors and kindness, not all of them british well mannered boys, but some Russian, German, Nazi or even Japanese!

Shoreyo, that game would sell... End of story. A game where it's not all big hardmen marines killing the Japanese, or Huge Russians that are so merciless that it makes you question who the 'bad guys' really were... I would like to see a game based not only on huge wars and frontline battles, I would like to see Shoreyo's game.

-Jolteon

Shoreyo, that game would sell... End of story. A game where it's not all big hardmen marines killing the Japanese, or Huge Russians that are so merciless that it makes you question who the 'bad guys' really were... I would like to see a game based not only on huge wars and frontline battles, I would like to see Shoreyo's game.

-Jolteon

Well, seeing as I'm part of a group of guys setting up a game company, who knows? I promise that if we make it in the gaming industry I'll put all I can into getting that game made :D

-Jolteon

Well to be fair with the russians and marines, they couldn't show any mercy because their opponent wouldn't.

It also shows the brutality on both sides. The Japanese POW camps, the banzais, etc.

And then when it introduces the Russians, you are lying in a pool of fellow soldiers and countrymen, all dead, and only alive because you are playing dead. And there are Nazis marching through you homeland shooting all of these survivors of the massacre dead.

I want a game where you play as the OSS and the MI6, the spy agencies of America and Britain at the time.

It would be so cool, having stealth missions. I used to be a HUGE, almost addict with Syphon Filter Omega Strain and I fell in love with the stealth missions and such. Just sneaking around having firefights with a welrod or Webley and Scott .22 pistol. It would be so much more tactical, but they wouldn't have to take away from the epicness.

Look at CoD4. The Sniper mission where you go and shoot Zakhaev's arm off, you are undercover and stealth for the whole time til running to the extraction zone.

Imagine EVERY mission like that! And in WW2, so it would have an even more eery and serious tone like WaW.

Check out this MoH Frontline mission-

N3QBlV8vDrc

-Jolteon

Well, seeing as I'm part of a group of guys setting up a game company, who knows? I promise that if we make it in the gaming industry I'll put all I can into getting that game made :D

And whatever the hell you do don't join activision!!

And whatever the hell you do don't join activision!!

Lol, i'll keep that in mind :D

Since the psn magazine has announced a shooter sequel on may the 6th.plus treyarch say they have a new cod game on there backs,i thought OVBIOUSLY!!! about zombies in the new cod.since earth is more or less blown to peices so maxis could release the vril ya (thats what i think with all of hollow earth and all that!)

the lazy choice would be to go back in time,which unfortunatly i belive treyarch will choose.(i do love treyarch)so i think it will be world at war 2!!!!!!

I was just wondering what you meant here, a sequel to what? CoD? if so that is quite early for the franchise, has it become 2 a year or something now, those greedy game producers 8-)

I believe we should have another WW2 era call of duty game. It would been fun, Treyarch should change in a new way like something that you never had before like you can do like neck snapping in multiplayer or kill the enemy by bashing with a gun stock if you ran of ammo. Something like More BLOOD AND GORE! more REALISTIC! I would love it! If treyarch also added into zombies too. :P

I was hoping the next game would take place after the 115 missle strikes,the world in distraught,Majestic 12 and group 935 drasticlly arming themselves with there wonder weapon creations.small groups forming brotherhoods and clans,i wanted something new and fresh.most building would be made of scavenged materials im going to come up with killstreaks now for the idea lol.

Assault

3k:Radar beacon:like a uav,but the emp from an explosion that big would ristrict air support from most jets. so this has to be placed on the ground instead. It looks like a small tower with a scrap dish on top.

4k:Box o goodies(care package):a large missle would fly to your location and would drop vertically like a javalin.just before hitting the ground the scrap missile would break into peices revealing a care package.

5k:matryoska doll:supplys you with one matryoska doll.

6k: v6-115bm:a v6 ( upgraded v2 rocket) would be fired from a nearby outpost.you would throw a signal grenade to call it in,and it would leave a slight concussion effect to all who walk into the remaining smoke cloud.(orange smoke would last for 30 seconds

7k:Sentry gun: a sentry gun armed with one ray gun for a primary weapon instad of a gatling gun.4 shots to kill.not all to accurate at long range.

8k:nova strike:3 missles would be targeted from a laptop(similar to mortars)and airburst missles would release a very large cloud of nova 6 killing all who walk though for 3 seconds.

9k:winters call:arms you with the winters howl for 90 seconds.kills would not be registered until the frozen person was shot,if not the ice will melt or a teammate will knife and he will be free.

10k:kassimier mechanism:arms you with one gersh device.

14k:raygun:lasts 60 seconds,nuff said

17k:deaths launcher:arms you with a grim reaper.

20k:31-79 jgb-215:last for 45 seconds.

23k:scrap juggernaut:same as mw3 jugganaut.

25K:zeus's bolt:wunderwaffe has to be collected in a care package.comes with 3/6 rounds and spare,can only chain to four people and has a 8 second reload.

28k:115 artellery barrage:15 random artillery shells are fired into open spots on the map and vunerable buildings to kill enemys.

32k:vultures vengance:a scavenger that has to be collected in a package,comes with 3/9 rounds and spare.

36k:Zeus's wrath:a juggernaut suit that comes with a care package along with a wunderwaffe.wunderwaffe has unlimited ammo as the electricity comes from a backpack similar to the astronaut zombie,although this has 6 light bulbs on the back(wunderwaffe rounds) shooting all six out will kill him,and each takes around 10 bullets.1 rocket or any direct explosive will kill all lights in 2 hits.

50k:Griffin Protocol: a 115 rocket is called from griffin station ending the game on a win for the team who has access to the protocol.

All typed on a ipad so yeah my finger hurts :lol: ,will put in support some other time.sorry for misspells as it 11:00 pm in britan.

The idea is to make streaks harder to get while keeping the game ender for the epicest of players.