Whats left to do in Ascension?

jmh2013

Im kinda bored... Ascension is my best map. and ive never done the easter egg. i have no point to cause theres no acheivement. i do the first step and second step every time i have a gersch. BUT im kinda bored. is there anything i can do to become "un bored" with this map?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the whole zombie game itself is pointless ;)

Maybe you wanna try to reach a freaking high round in solo or coop. You could also do challenges, such as stay in first room, buy no perks, use only shotguns, and so on. Just create your own challenge, that might make you fun. For example, I once did a Pack a Punch in Round 4 (or was it 5, don't remember), as an extension of the given achievement.

Or just think about, how you can improve your strategy. Especially monkey strategies open a lot of options. So think about how you could loose not a single perk for sure, even in solo. And then test your stuff. Then share it ;) However stuff like that has already been done and is on Youtube, but maybe for you personally, some things work well whereas its not on youtube, because it's generally not so good.

But the best thing you could do would probably be indeed, to do the easter egg. It's pretty funny with some friends and is exactly that thing, what gives you a target on the map. And it's really fun to work for that target. Just get a good, funny team together, then you'll have your reason to play the map. You feel the motivation of the other guys, you can take the role of the leader, so you have a new job too... It's really cool! Do it!

Well, the whole zombie game itself is pointless ;)

Maybe you wanna try to reach a freaking high round in solo or coop. You could also do challenges, such as stay in first room, buy no perks, use only shotguns, and so on. Just create your own challenge, that might make you fun. For example, I once did a Pack a Punch in Round 4 (or was it 5, don't remember), as an extension of the given achievement.

Or just think about, how you can improve your strategy. Especially monkey strategies open a lot of options. So think about how you could loose not a single perk for sure, even in solo. And then test your stuff. Then share it ;) However stuff like that has already been done and is on Youtube, but maybe for you personally, some things work well whereas its not on youtube, because it's generally not so good.

It was round five, and at the end of round four, you had EXACTLY enough points to open all the doors, ride all the landers, and PaP. Yes, I know your videos that well. :lol:

But the best thing you could do would probably be indeed, to do the easter egg. It's pretty funny with some friends and is exactly that thing, what gives you a target on the map. And it's really fun to work for that target. Just get a good, funny team together, then you'll have your reason to play the map. You feel the motivation of the other guys, you can take the role of the leader, so you have a new job too... It's really cool! Do it!

Still haven't done the Ascension EE myself actually, maybe something to do in the future with Tom and co.

Apart from that, I mainly just do challenges on it. I've done 161 solo and 60 co-op before giving up, so I've completely conquered it round-wise, not much else to do now.

I have also conquered it round wise, 87, 83, 89, and 92. That doesnt mean im gonna stop going to high rounds though. I NEED 99 on this map!!!!!

Still haven't done the Ascension EE myself actually, maybe something to do in the future with Tom and co.

Apart from that, I mainly just do challenges on it. I've done 161 solo and 60 co-op before giving up, so I've completely conquered it round-wise, not much else to do now.

I have also conquered it round wise, 87, 83, 89, and 92. That doesnt mean im gonna stop going to high rounds though. I NEED 99 on this map!!!!!

Fair point. I also enjoy a solo speed-run to 100 on this map, seeing if you can do it in 1 day is a good challenge. You always win the challenge is the good part :lol:

My patients with Ascension completely ran out on RD 81-82. Don't even remember exactly what round anymore, was the point where I just got so bored with it I straight turned my xbox off. Haven't done another serious Ascension run since.

However I'm considering attempting my own challenge of getting all 6 perks with only buying QR. I've done this with all 5 perks, prior to Mule Kick coming out. So it might be do-able

I may make a video tutorial too showing advanced strategies for handling monkey rounds. I'm pretty sure 99% of zombie slayers still don't know all the tricks you can do with claymores.

Fair point. I also enjoy a solo speed-run to 100 on this map, seeing if you can do it in 1 day is a good challenge. You always win the challenge is the good part :lol:

Thats another reason why I love ascension, you can always get through the rounds fast. :lol: Have you tried that pap strategy ever? I got to 80 in about 5 hours doing it solo.

I also enjoy a solo speed-run to 100 on this map, seeing if you can do it in 1 day is a good challenge. You always win the challenge is the good part :lol:

Thats another reason why I love ascension, you can always get through the rounds fast. :lol: Have you tried that pap strategy ever? I got to 80 in about 5 hours doing it solo.

I've done about the same time running the spawn room, PaP area and the spawn are both the fastest areas IMO, also maybe the MPL area strategy that MatoMaster used.

• 1 month later...

My patients with Ascension completely ran out on RD 81-82. Don't even remember exactly what round anymore, was the point where I just got so bored with it I straight turned my xbox off. Haven't done another serious Ascension run since.

However I'm considering attempting my own challenge of getting all 6 perks with only buying QR. I've done this with all 5 perks, prior to Mule Kick coming out. So it might be do-able

I may make a video tutorial too showing advanced strategies for handling monkey rounds. I'm pretty sure 99% of zombie slayers still don't know all the tricks you can do with claymores.

i made it to round 95 and kino i made it to round 98

I'm pretty sure 99% of zombie slayers still don't know all the tricks you can do with claymores.

and what are some of these tricks? i always stock up my clamores by jugg each round. clamores are my favorite. i use them all the time. every game.

• 1 month later...