A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

Meanwhile, back at the Diner in the Green Run area, Richtofen decided to entertain himself. He had four zombies that had formerly been members of the CDC. He used his resurrection powers to bring them back to life as humans. However, he entertained himself by having them all fight to be human, and every time they died they became zombies again. It is not known what became of the last standing human.

That part was in the last paragraph, but why do you think it's happening during Die Rise? Understandably it came out with Die Rise, but couldn't it be happening while the CDC and CIA were in Bus Depot, Town and Farm?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

That part was in the last paragraph, but why do you think it's happening during Die Rise? Understandably it came out with Die Rise, but couldn't it be happening while the CDC and CIA were in Bus Depot, Town and Farm?

I agree; why not have all of them happen at once? All the CDC agents would be there, and so would the CIA as well.

I only found one error in 51 - 77.

Original: The world was now a wasteland. Lava was not an uncommon site, having been exposed from the innards of the Earth.

New: The world was now a wasteland. Lava was not an uncommon sight, having been exposed from the innards of the Earth.

Because throughout the entirety of Zombies history, a map that comes out NEVER takes place story-wise before ANY other maps, with the exception of Alcatraz.

Sunset Strip/Cell Block

Nacht der Untoten

Verruckt

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

Kino der Toten

"Five"

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Shangri-La

Moon

Nuketown

Bus Depot/Farm/Town

Skyscraper/Diner

Thanks Delta.

• Administrators

Because throughout the entirety of Zombies history, a map that comes out NEVER takes place story-wise before ANY other maps, with the exception of Alcatraz.

But perhaps Turned actually comes before Die Rise logistically. The DLC (Revolution) could have meant for it to be Turned, and then Die Rise but continuing on from the Grief/Survival modes in Green Run.

And we can't simple state something that isn't law with contradicting evidence. You saying that it's never happened before excluding Alcatraz doesn't make sense because now you're purposefully saying "okay this is true but don't worry about that one map". It's kind of hard to exclude it.

Besides, there is no concise evidence (other than that ironic contradiction) to Turned happening at the same time of Die Rise. For all we know, then we could say that Grief and Survival in Green Run happens during Die Rise as well.

No. I'm saying "This is law. One map, one recent map, broke the law." And you know what it introduced? The Devil. Alcatraz was made to upset expectations. So yes, it is an outlier.

The rest or your argument simply Skyscraper/Diner versus Diner/Skyscraper, a distinction so minor, I opted out by saying phrases such as "meanwhile".

If you're going to argue that, you may as well argue that Ascension takes place right before Moon. -_-

• Administrators

That "law" could've been broken a long time ago for all we know. There just hasn't been a time that we really questioned it until now.

It's not so minor if we're trying to figure out which happened first. Yes, it's not going to create an impact but there is a question that needs to be answered by evidence and not because we assume that this order of map introduction determines what came first.

Hey - the possibilities are endless. ;)

This trend has continued for so long, albeit with a minor exception of Alcatraz, that it needs evidence to DISCOUNT it, not to prove it. Alcatraz was built on the premise of being a prequel, and in the grand scheme of things, is a pretty minor addition to the storyline. Everything from Nacht to Die Rise indicates a straight progression of time of the characters' perspective or just time itself. We know for a fact that Great Leap Forward happened after Green Run, Call of the Dead after Ascension, Shi No Numa after Verruckt, etc.

This trend has continued for so long, albeit with a minor exception of Alcatraz, that it needs evidence to DISCOUNT it, not to prove it. Alcatraz was built on the premise of being a prequel, and in the grand scheme of things, is a pretty minor addition to the storyline. Everything from Nacht to Die Rise indicates a straight progression of time of the characters' perspective or just time itself. We know for a fact that Great Leap Forward happened after Green Run, Call of the Dead after Ascension, Shi No Numa after Verruckt, etc.

MMX is 100% correct.

MotD is the only map to break this pattern, and for good reason. MotD adds very little to the overall story, except to show who was in charge before Sam was in control. That's it. People have gone so far out with their theories to make MotD fit in with the overall scheme of things, yet it may not even play a big role on the storyline. People really jumped the gun with all this. MotD was not created by Jimmy and the guys, and having the MotD team date their map in the 30's was a brilliant way for them to do what they wanted, without messing up the regular zombies storyline which started in 1939.

It would be wise to wait until DLC3 to see what MotD's overall impact will be. But that's just me. As for Turned, it has little significance to the storyline as well, and is not worth discussing.

Thanks Shooter. Well, I don't like to wait for a further DLC to come out to go ahead and edit the storyline. But I will before I do anything drastic. To be honest though, I don't think we'll hear from many of the aspects of Mob of the Dead again. I mean, did we ever hear what happened to George Romero?

Was there a need? We didn't hear what happened to the 4 from CotD either. As for what you said Nuketown Zombies was the only other map to break this pattern. But I agree with you on your point. The only thing I am coming from this though that could have affected the story is now who originally created the zombies.

The only thing I am coming from this though that could have affected the story is now who originally created the zombies.

They were temporally displaced to be in MoTD just like the perks. They most likely do not flicker due to being "semi-living" beings instead of inanimate objects like perk machines.

The only thing I am coming from this though that could have affected the story is now who originally created the zombies.

They were temporally displaced to be in MoTD just like the perks. They most likely do not flicker due to being "semi-living" beings instead of inanimate objects like perk machines.

So,you're saying the zombies are there because of the rift?Or am I wrong.Because,I can see the "mistake" with the Perks,but not with the Zombies-in anyway.

@Zelkova: Nuketown does not violate the pattern.

@Delta: Yes, the zombies were still made by Richtofen and 935. Lucifer is just a moocher, that's all. Lucifer's zombies could be seen as a different "version" of zombie. Just like when you put 115 in the counter in Mob of the Dead, he says "Maybe next time" because he knows the zombies he took from the future will have 115 in the future.

@Mark: No. There's no rift anything. The "rift" was literally only ever mentioned once. What is it? Who knows? We do not have enough evidence to even WONDER what the rift is. What we are saying is that we know the Perks and weapons were temporally displaced. Zombies probably were too.

I'm not saying the rift isn't there. But we don't have the evidence to say it is. Maybe in the future.

Yes. Back in Great Leap Forward, people hypothesized if Richtofen could bend time. Well, it turns out, whether or not Richtofen can, but Lucifer could.

People might ask why did he do it, why does he do it, what is the point. I thin all that we can say for sure is that he wanted the bad to be punished. And as a description of the mysterious devil, isn't that enough?

Sure that's enough.Grief already proved for all that I know that it's not Samantha or Maxis,or anyone other than the devil himself controlling the Zombies.So I'm fine with it.

The only point I don't understant is why he would punish particularly the M4?I'm pretty sure there were millions of mobsters in USA,so why punish THEM?Were them just "lucky" or is one of 'em guilty of something very bad?I could just be messing around,but...

Sure that's enough.Grief already proved for all that I know that it's not Samantha or Maxis,or anyone other than the devil himself controlling the Zombies.So I'm fine with it.

The only point I don't understant is why he would punish particularly the M4?I'm pretty sure there were millions of mobsters in USA,so why punish THEM?Were them just "lucky" or is one of 'em guilty of something very bad?I could just be messing around,but...

I don't know. There could be many reasons. Perhaps it has to do with treachery? Perhaps Lucifer despises treachery, and when he saw them turn on Al, he considered that the ultimate sin? But that's just guessing really.

Lucifer wouldn't need to take zombies from the future. He has the capability to create them all on his own. One of Lucifer's many abilities is bringing back the dead. As for Treachery, that's ironic considering the amount of treachery Lucifer is known for himself with God.

Well, I wouldn't take a strictly religious account of this. He may not have the means to create them but to merely place them. A lot of what he does in Mob of the Dead is just mooch off of future creations. I don't think raising the dead is an innate ability of his. If it was, he might've killed the world. I think his power is limited because he's transplanting zombies. Again, another way how Samantha being in control saved the world.

I understand your thoughts here though bringing back the dead has generally been a staple of Hell itself. Lucifer is though trapped in Hell which is generally why he couldn't do anything. He has minions for this purpose which is where the demons tend to come from. When I speak of Lucifer's powers though I am not really thinking religious much to be honest. I don't really know more powers religions claim he has merely the ones that tend to be standard. Why take over the earth anyways I'd think he would toy with humanity more as they are gods creations. If he were to conquer or destroy them then that wouldn't be any fun.

So guys, I wanted to discuss something. The big problem with Black Ops II taking place in the future is the Nuketown bomb. Everyone's like, how could it be there in the future? I realized the answer was staring at me in the face. You know the nuclear spacecraft? The one people have theorized to be hidden within the cloud? I think that that is what created the cloud, not a standard nuclear explosion. This would explain why it takes place in the future. It would also explain how the cloud stays so long and raises the dead.

So, Nuketown was constructed in the '60's.

In the '60's, it was blown up.

It was left untouched due to radiation for a long time.

In the 2020's, a nuclear spacecraft is built nearby.

Nuketown gets even more destroyed.

Survivors fight zombies there.

It gets blown up again with the rest of the world.

All in all, Nuketown has a lot of... nukes...

What do you guys think?

Personally,I'm kinda...confused lol.

Didn't Nuketown happenned at the same time Moon happenned?

I agree with the part you talk about the nuclear spacecraft,but since I'm confused a little,I prefer to think that it takes place in the same time as Moon.

But anyway,you're saying we survive Zombies in the 2020's?With CIA and CDC?I don't know too much about BO2 Zombies story as I know the rest,so I can basically say some "surreal" phrase here:What about the missiles in the end of the match?

We were able to prove that the missiles blew up the world after 2025. Since Moon and Nuketown take place during/before the missiles hit, they take place in 2025 (minimum). So we know they both take place in the future.

The conundrum was why the nuke in Nuketown went off in the future rather than the '60's, which Black Ops led us to believe. The answer, I think, is BOTH! The nuke went off in the '60's, and then this nuclear spacecraft caused what's going on when you play at Nuketown. It would also explain why Nuketown was still around in the future. (Too much radiation to get near it.)

Archived