Glitchiest moon game ever?

Team_Damian

I was playing a bit of moon split screen yesterday, and started off the same way it does most times when i start it; the sky was the wrong way round (i.e it was space in no mans land and sunny on the moon) not that i'm complaining about that because it makes it a bit easier to see things on the moon, then around round 20 i threw a gersch and ended up with the astronaut backwards sprinting at me (I think a few people have mentioned this on the boards) Then everytime it spawned after that he was just standing there doing his little dance and not going anywhewre (again not complaining cause it kept him out of my way)

BUT then i heard that the excevator was breaching tunnel six, I thought it was a bit weird as it had already breached everywhere and i'd stopped them after they'd breached, so I ignored it because i wasn't really going near that side of the map at that point. So, at round 27 (furthest i've gotten so far) me and my brother were going through tunnel six, no vibration in the controller like there would be if there was an excavator there, and i couldnt see the excevator in the tunnel, not even any bits of earth flying out of the roof where the excevator would be, so we run through there and surprise surprise, be both down as if the excevator was there, im guessing it was a graphical glitch....but seriously WHAT THE HELL, treyarch needs to sort that out soon

So, basically i was wondering if this is an isolated incident or if anyone else has had this happen to them?

not sure if it makes a difference or not but i play black ops on ps3

edit: I was also in the process of doing the easter egg and after throwing the QED's at the plates while they're by quick revive they just dissapeared instead of moving to by the computer (not sure if that's another glitch or if they just go somewhere else first and im being a noob :lol: )

yet another edit: while i was hacking the green light things in the labs i ran out of time halfway through hacking the last one and the sounds that go with the hacker stayed on for the rest of the game

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for ya! This glitch has happened to me repeatedly when playing Moon. It's a somewhat common glitch that comes on pretty randomly. Nothing in paticular seems to cause it. I've had the glitch happen on Round 40 after doing the Easter Egg, but I've also had this happen on Round 9 on a Solo game. Multiple hackers does not cause it either. It's very hard to tell if the saw blade glitched out as it turns invisible after it bugs out, so it's pretty easy to get downed by this glitch. I now play every game with the expectation that those excavators will screw up.

You hack the excavator to stop it, it says you did it and gives you a 1000 points, and then it crashes in anyways. This is an extremely frustrating glitch, especially if it breaches the Biodome when that's where you run circles.

I don't know how Treyarch could screw up that badly to leave such an awful bug in the system.

I guess I'm pretty lucky to only have experienced the Astronaut + Gersch glitch so far, I'm sure I'll bump into more soon though unless it gets fixed.

I've also had that sound glitch, I was hacking a weapon on the box, got distracted by a zombie cuz I thought they were all dead, killed him and went back to hacking, but the weapon disappeared back into the box before I finished and the sound continued to play. It went away after my next hack though.

yeah i was playing moon with my friend one time on xbox we used the teleporter and it was my first time playin moon so when we went back i asked why the teleporter gate was up he said it opened nexxt round so next round i have 5000 points and the starting pistol and im like alright lets go teleport and the teleporter isnt open still so we wait and wait for like 5 rounds and it DOESNT OPEN! has this happened to anyone? cause my whole game glitched i couldnt buy guns astrounat was trippin i could only buy the frickin ak and the excavator would only breach tunnel 6 or whatever

Astronaut is not a glitch! >_

It's definately a glitch.

My reasoning behind this is simple. The glitch doesn't happen all the time. There's been times I'll throw a Gersch within feet of him, and nothing happens. Yet other times he'll glitch. Sometimes he'll glitch when the Gersch is across the Dome, and yet other times he won't.

It's just too inconsistent for it to be considered something that's suppose to happen. If that is suppose to happen (the moonwalk), then it's still a glitch that he doesn't always do it. Either way, it's a glitch.

My reasoning behind this is simple. The glitch doesn't happen all the time. There's been times I'll throw a Gersch within feet of him, and nothing happens. Yet other times he'll glitch. Sometimes he'll glitch when the Gersch is across the Dome, and yet other times he won't.

It's just too inconsistent for it to be considered something that's suppose to happen. If that is suppose to happen (the moonwalk), then it's still a glitch that he doesn't always do it. Either way, it's a glitch.

I've thrown a QED at him and it's caused him to do the moonwalk. I'm on the fence whether it's glitch or not.

I've thrown a QED at him and it's caused him to do the moonwalk. I'm on the fence whether it's glitch or not.

One of the QEDs capabilities is to imitate a Gersch Device, is that what the QED did? Or did it explode and then he did it? It really depends on what the QED did.

Either way, this just seems too inconsistent of an event to consider it to be something that's suppose to happen.Just my opinion.

I think the moonwalk is a glitch, but the standing st the spawn doing his little dance? im kind of leaning towards treyarch doing that just to mess with us, i'm pretty sure i've played a few times where he's just stood there like a tool for a while then when i've more or less fogotten about him he'll turn up right next to me like a massive trollface :lol:

can't be sure that it's not just that i've done something to make him respawn or if he just started moving again though

I think the moonwalk is a glitch, but the standing st the spawn doing his little dance? im kind of leaning towards treyarch doing that just to mess with us, i'm pretty sure i've played a few times where he's just stood there like a tool for a while then when i've more or less fogotten about him he'll turn up right next to me like a massive trollface :lol:

can't be sure that it's not just that i've done something to make him respawn or if he just started moving again though

And that's one thing I do find a little bit odd about it. It's just kind of a weird coincedence that two of the glitches are of the astro zombie doing a moonwalk and another dance.

And there is a specific way to make him get stuck in that crazy dance, so I lean towards glitch on that as well.

The most awesome glitch that happened to me twice in a row, as well heard of a guy that had it just as well: You teleport, come back to moon, and no Round Number pops up, no zombies spawn. All you can do is suicide.

Sounds like u survived the game. Congrats ur the first person i know of doing that. Jk but that wuld suck.

I think that moonwalk thing is like a little joke just like the 25 points under the perk machines in der riese. Treyarch likes to play with our minds

BOOOOO!!!!! Treyarch forgot to put a quarter under Mule Kick

lmao but really has anyone had it happen tht the teleporter doesnt open when your on moon?

I think that moonwalk thing is like a little joke just like the 25 points under the perk machines in der riese. Treyarch likes to play with our minds

BOOOOO!!!!! Treyarch forgot to put a quarter under Mule Kick

lmao but really has anyone had it happen tht the teleporter doesnt open when your on moon?

The only thing i've ever had happen with the teleporter is the sky being the wrong way round :/

And that's one thing I do find a little bit odd about it. It's just kind of a weird coincedence that two of the glitches are of the astro zombie doing a moonwalk and another dance.

And there is a specific way to make him get stuck in that crazy dance, so I lean towards glitch on that as well.

I kind of thought the moonwalk is a glitch because (correct me if im wrong) the gersch doesn't kill him but it pulls him towards it at least sometimes, so maybe because he's the first thing to not be killed by gersches his coding (not sure if that's the right word) is a bit flawed and sometimes it glitches not ending the gershes effects because it's 'waiting' to be killed first

that's just my theory though :lol:

The most awesome glitch that happened to me twice in a row, as well heard of a guy that had it just as well: You teleport, come back to moon, and no Round Number pops up, no zombies spawn. All you can do is suicide.

Sounds like u survived the game. Congrats ur the first person i know of doing that. Jk but that wuld suck.

well i'm not the only one ;) for example watch here this vid. there are several more, i just took the first one i catched.

GRLfhN3skJk

so what we have...

a) astro goes moonwalk with gersh contact

B) round doesnt restart after teleport

c) hacking sound doesnt stop after getting interrupted by a zombie push-away until you hack something else (or abort a new hack process)

d) PC leaderboard shows only the most recent game score, not the best score.

e) digger is not shown, although it is phyically there.

Lets see...if it is a glitch, I can kinda see why.

- Him walking backwards and swinging his arms? That seems like the animation of a normal zombie getting pulled back into it, although not as fast. But he has to make contact with it doesn't he?

- The fast speed? The game thinks it's a normal zombie, since he isn't meant to be attracted to or go through the Gersch Device anyway, but since he does, the game thinks that. If George Romero were to go through it, I'm thinking he would act the same.

What makes him go through it, or makes him attracted, I don't know. It might be a random bug that occurs, or maybe something we do that changes the coding (not intentionally though).

But I also think it isn't. Seeing as it happens too often, hasn't been addressed or fixed by Treyarch, it just seems intentional, like a little joke or tribute they put in for Michael Jackson. I mean they are on the Moon, he did the 'moonwalk', and now this Cosmonaut is doing moonwalks on the moon.

I do definitely think the waving dancing thing he does is a glitch. Although, it seems like a unique animation, but you can easily tell it loops over and over, and that he's not meant to do that. He goes back to normal as soon as you go to Area 51.

One of the QEDs capabilities is to imitate a Gersch Device, is that what the QED did? Or did it explode and then he did it? It really depends on what the QED did.

Either way, this just seems too inconsistent of an event to consider it to be something that's suppose to happen.Just my opinion.

We were all by the pyramid when I threw it. There was a GD active about 10 seconds before hand but he wasn't running backwards than. The QED didn't do anything except anger him.

I'm beginning to think that the Gersch astronaut thing actually isn't a glitch. I think this is 3arc's way of telling you that you aren't, you know, supposed to throw a Gersch at the astronaut. But I've found at least five devastating/unfair glitches so far (ie invulnerability with the landers, getting stuck between rounds, invisible excavators, astronaut disco, [perhaps] astronaut moon walk, etc) on Moon, and they keep on piling up by the day.

well i'm not the only one ;) for example watch here this vid. there are several more, i just took the first one i catched.

GRLfhN3skJk

so what we have...

a) astro goes moonwalk with gersh contact

B) round doesnt restart after teleport

c) hacking sound doesnt stop after getting interrupted by a zombie push-away until you hack something else (or abort a new hack process)

d) PC leaderboard shows only the most recent game score, not the best score.

e) digger is not shown, although it is phyically there.

I was just joking around but in the words of joe dirt "Dannnnnng!"

BTW off topic but i absolutely love ur looping guides. Theres certain places i never thought of.