is kino the best map

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of the better ones, but not the best. I think more than anything it's got alot of sentimental value to it. I remember coming home from the game store and popping Black Ops in, and going straight to Kino. It felt so good to play something fresh.

It's a great map though. Good size, not overcomplicated, easy PaP access, lots of good camping spots with your friends by traps, really keeps the action going.

I think kino is alright but not the best, I like running with one in the back of the alley and on in the front and combine for the thundergun. It makes it go by very fast. I got to 66 a few days ago on co-op but we had to stop doing the alley at like 40 because my friend was lagging a little bit and he couldnt be in a tight spot while that was happening.

Well it's more of an opinion than a fact.

I for one do not like the idea of playing on kino all day.

Still though I wouldn't mind saying it's a great map.

It's really all decided if you like the map or not.

It's a map that is hard to play constantly, I think Ascension is easy to play non stop it is just a fun map.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I love me some Kino, most likely because it was where I got my feet wet with zombies. I was a late bloomer, Black Ops being the first CoD game I'd ever owned, with my only prior experience with CoD in general was Finest Hour on the PS2. 

I started out on Kino and fell in love with zombies from the first game. I do love the classics, though I've only played them on Black Ops, save for Nacht which I have played on WaW at a friend's. 

Overall though, Kino is a great map, I tend to group Kino and Der Riese together since they're so similar in features, with DR being more open and able to camp the PaP. I seem to hold them both in the same regard, with Kino getting the nostalgic edge from me, though I gotta say the Wunderwaffe is better than the Thundergun to me, I just love using it, the Thundergun tends to bore me after a while, plus I hate not being able to reload unless it's empty. 

One thing I'm noticing people saying and I tend to agree is how creepy Kino is. It's not scary per say, it doesn't make you jump or scream, it's just really eerie. There's an unsettling feeling about the map, more so on solo. I tend to put myself in that situation, imagining I'm the one trapped in Kino surrounded by Nazi zombies and the idea of it definitely is nightmare material. The atmosphere of the map is just dreary, in contrast to Der Riese which felt very big and almost like a playground to me, just seemed like the perfect place to slaughter mass hordes of zombies. 

On the subject of scariest map, Kino's probably top 3 for me. I'd say Verruckt takes the cake(That map don't screw around), with Mob of the Dead coming in second, then Kino. 

• 6 months later...