Tactical Mask?

BlindBusDrivr

As you can see in the trailer, there is this Gas Mask that you can put on, likely purchasing from somewhere.

Could it be that this is how they incoporated the idea of a Tactical Mask perk into zombies? Since the Nova 6 crawlers are back, this could be a way of defending yourself from the disorientation effects.

btw sorry about the back to back posts I don't mean to spam.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, they know we pick apart every pixel of their maps. There's no way they'd just assume nobody would notice they swapped out the HUD animations for the helmet and a tactical mask. They know it'd cause a monumental bitch-fest. I don't recall, was there a part in the campaign that featured that same tactical mask animation?

Exactly, they know we pick apart every pixel of their maps. There's no way they'd just assume nobody would notice they swapped out the HUD animations for the helmet and a tactical mask. They know it'd cause a monumental bitch-fest. I don't recall, was there a part in the campaign that featured that same tactical mask animation?

Yes In Rebirth, after the part with Mason, when your playing as Hudson as part of the CIA's extraction team to take Steiner, after the Tank your in gets blown up by the Mi-24 Hind, They release Nova6 and the game automatically has you put on a Tactical Mask.

Yes In Rebirth, after the part with Mason, when your playing as Hudson as part of the CIA's extraction team to take Steiner, after the Tank your in gets blown up by the Mi-24 Hind, They release Nova6 and the game automatically has you put on a Tactical Mask.

correct the final mission :D

• 3 months later...

Actually I just watched one of my old Moon videos, and you do put a Tac Mask in-game when you put on your space helmet.

I'm going with LAZINESS on treyarch's part.

There are so many reused assets in this map.

For instance, have you noticed the icon on your HUD when you pick up an audio data tape? It's a film reel from Kino. They didn't even bother to make a new icon for the HUD, and just grabbed the closest looking thing they had available. the Data tape model itself is also reused model asset from other maps.

Another example is the control panels for the escavators. It's the same model used on Ascension lunar landers. This is just a couple instances off the top of my head.

You guys give Treyarch too much credit. I see tons of evidence in this map that it was overly rushed during production.

Give them a break.

New zombie models, new zombies new weapons, removable air, multiple songs, astro zombie, no mans land, (takes deep breath), giant Easter egg, new perk, loads of qoutes, excavators, teleporter, Samantha character, exploding earth, missiles, hacker, gravity

This and more is in this map. A LOT more features than your average map.

Most of it had to be built from the ground up. A few reused models is better than removing something important.

All the fun items are better than silly space helmet animations.

Give them a break.

New zombie models, new zombies new weapons, removable air, multiple songs, astro zombie, no mans land, (takes deep breath), giant Easter egg, new perk, loads of qoutes, excavators, teleporter, Samantha character, exploding earth, missiles, hacker, gravity

This and more is in this map. A LOT more features than your average map.

Most of it had to be built from the ground up. A few reused models is better than removing something important.

All the fun items are better than silly space helmet animations.

Well said. The zombie animations without gravity is an insane undertaking considering it is a DLC map. The Samantha character is as well. Moon might as well have been another game.

• 3 months later...

I doubt they're that lazy, they take the time to cram in such detail that I find it unlikely they'd do that.

agreeed

i say lazyness cause when u play as sarah michelle gellar and u dive she grunts JUST like the men

Well what were they going to do for that sound? Ask her to grunt for them so they'd have a sound for her dolphin dive? :lol:

agreeed

i say lazyness cause when u play as sarah michelle gellar and u dive she grunts JUST like the men

Well what were they going to do for that sound? Ask her to grunt for them so they'd have a sound for her dolphin dive? :lol:

well yeah. isnt that what they did for all the dolphin dive grunts?

Ah, seeing this thread takes me back. To when I was a Codz noob.

Oh, the days. I wish it were August 23rd again (I think that's when Moon came out). That was one of the greatest days in this site's history. **takes everyone's hands and begins singing Kum-Bah-Yah around a fire fueled by the slayed corpses of the undead**

Ah, seeing this thread takes me back. To when I was a Codz noob.

Oh, the days. I wish it were August 23rd again (I think that's when Moon came out). That was one of the greatest days in this site's history. **takes everyone's hands and begins singing Kum-Bah-Yah around a fire fueled by the slayed corpses of the undead**

LOL, yeah those were the days.....days full of unsuccessful logins and maxed out servers. :lol:

Seriously, the traffic was just insane on this site every time a new map dropped. Gotta say though I'm proud of CoDz always being one of the first to solve the Easter Eggs and other stuff from each new map. We're always right on top of it, from the weeks before to the weeks and months and years after.