Forum trivia game - prize is brains

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. So name any Semi-Automatic or Single Shot Rifle in World at War and Black Ops, presumably without console commands, minus the FN FAL.

Semi-Automatic:

Dragunov

Gewehr 43

M1 Carbine

M1 Garand

M1 Garand w/ Launcher

M14

PTRS-41

SVT-40

Single Shot:

None

Wonder Weapons That Can Be Considered Semi-Automatic Rifles In Design:

31-79 JGb215

Wunderwaffe DG-2

Pack-A-Punched Versions of All of the Above:

D115 Disassembler

G115 Compressor

M1000 w/ The Imploder

Mnesia

The Fractalizer

The Penetrator

Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ

EDIT: My bad. Removed EPC WN and Widdershins RC-1.

Okay. So name any Semi-Automatic or Single Shot Rifle in World at War and Black Ops, presumably without console commands, minus the FN FAL.

Semi-Automatic:

Dragunov

Gewehr 43

M1 Carbine

M1 Garand

M1 Garand w/ Launcher

M14

PTRS-41

SVT-40

Single Shot:

None

31-79 JGb215

Wunderwaffe DG-2

D115 Disassembler

EPC WN

G115 Compressor

M1000 w/ The Imploder

Mnesia

The Fractalizer

The Penetrator

Widdershins RC-1

Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ

Umm, I think he only meant bolt and semi automatic rifles (bolt would count as Single Shot) so you missed the Arisaka, through I forgot the L96 and Dragunov

Semi-Automatic:

Dragunov

Gewehr 43

M1 Carbine

M1 Garand

M1 Garand w/ Launcher

M14

PTRS-41

SVT-40

Single Shot:

None

31-79 JGb215

Wunderwaffe DG-2

D115 Disassembler

EPC WN

G115 Compressor

M1000 w/ The Imploder

Mnesia

The Fractalizer

The Penetrator

Widdershins RC-1

Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ

Umm, I think he only meant bolt and semi automatic rifles (bolt would count as Single Shot) so you missed the Arisaka, through I forgot the L96 and Dragunov

Yeah, at first I thought he meant that too. But whether he did or not, I answered what he said. He said Rifles that were Semi-Automatic and Single Shot. Single Shot weapons are weapons that have only a one-bullet magazine, therefore not being able to be considered Automatic nor Semi-Automatic. I also did not list the Arisaka nor Kar98k because they are Bolt-Action.

Just to point this out guys,

Rifles can be automatic, that is why the STG44 was so amasing, it was the first reliable automatic rifle!

Technically there are a few main weapon distinctions,

'guns' are artillery, so DON'T ever call a firearm a gun, unless you put 'machine' or 'hand' in-front!

Handguns are guns to be held in ones hand!

Revolvers - chamber (bit where bullet goes before it is fired through the barrel) is seperate to the barrel (in a cylinder :))

Pistols - chamber that is integral with the barrel, i.e. working parts like a rifle!

Machine guns are tricky, so I'll steal from wiki!

A machine gun is a fully automatic mounted or portable firearm, usually designed to fire rounds in quick succession from an ammunition belt or large-capacity magazine, typically at a rate of several hundred rounds per minute.

3 types of machine gun: submachine gun (small portable carbine that fires pistol rounds) , machine gun and autocannon (automatic cannon, any machine gun firing calibers larger than 16mm)

Rifles are firearms with rifled barrels. Simple. Thats why in the napoleonic war you had muskets and rifles, one had rifled barrels, the other didn't, that was the only difference in the beginning.

Oh and carbines are in the rifle category, they are just shorter rifles so have less velocity rounds (shorter barrel = lower velocity/i.e. less speed) but the same ammo

Example a Famas is a rifle, so is the M16 and the SCAR-L!

The fire modes are what are confusing you guys :P any gun can be automatic, semi automatic or bolt action but that doesnt change whether it is a rifle!

It doesnt seem like anyone is confused. I mean a Rifle is any firearm that rifles a bullet when it fires, but the Question asker layed down specifics as to fire modes, so those are the weapons he is asking for in the question.

Good information and all, very informative to non-Firearm Savvy, but someone can get even more confused about this particular question after reading it.

He is asking for Bolt Action and Semi-Automatic Rifles. NOT Assult Rifles, even though they are all technically Rifles.

• 2 weeks later...

Are the brains given in this thread automatically given? Cause I haven't seen any Brains smilies yet....

Question: In the revamped BO Verruckt, there is a change to one of the weapons on the wall. What was the old weapon and what was it changed to?

The Springfield was replaced by the Kar98k. And they aren't automatically given, I think, you have to hit the brain button.