Seemingly Not As Addictive Of A Map

• Administrators

After completing the Easter Egg, this map doesn't seem to have a high replay value to me.

Reasons:

1. Your ammo situations are based off complete luck due to no monkey, dog, etc round giving you ammo. (Sure there are more drops in the game, but they aren't always ammo.

2. There isn't anything fancy with the PaP, there is no process to go through to get there, like switching DEFCON or blasting rockets, you just look where the light is pointing.

3. While George may be easy, he can still just be hassle. When running loops he gets in your way, etc. I understand he's easy, but sometimes easy things can still be frustrating.

4. Being an avid Nazi Zombies storyline addict, this map truly added nothing to me. I know the entire thing back-and-forth and other than select radios, this map was useless IMO to the backdrop.

I don't really care where the next Map Pack is going to be, but I just really want it to have a higher replay value. Comment with your thoughts on the map and whether you think it has a relatively high/low replay value!

Regards, Tac

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After completing the Easter Egg, this map doesn't seem to have a high replay value to me.

Reasons:

1. Your ammo situations are based off complete luck due to no monkey, dog, etc round giving you ammo. (Sure there are more drops in the game, but they aren't always ammo.

2. There isn't anything fancy with the PaP, there is no process to go through to get there, like switching DEFCON or blasting rockets, you just look where the light is pointing.

3. While George may be easy, he can still just be hassle. When running loops he gets in your way, etc. I understand he's easy, but sometimes easy things can still be frustrating.

4. Being an avid Nazi Zombies storyline addict, this map truly added nothing to me. I know the entire thing back-and-forth and other than select radios, this map was useless IMO to the backdrop.

I don't really care where the next Map Pack is going to be, but I just really want it to have a higher replay value. Comment with your thoughts on the map and whether you think it has a relatively high/low replay value!

Regards, Tac

.... I've only played the map 5 times and the only thing I really do besides killing the zombies is listen to the music easter egg, that's the only thing that really amuses me. And also, I mean, these aren't Nazi zombies right? Just people who were probably part of shipwrecks? Ascension, people who worked there as well as cosmonauts? I really knew this game and thought the maps were great when it was actual Nazi zombies you were fighting, and now its just "zombie mode" (random rant)

seems more addicting to me for a couple of reasons.

1) it is a tougher map in general, so not every game lasts hours and hours and hours. this makes it a little easier to get a few guys together to play and not neccessarily be tied up for so long each and every game

2) no monkeys or thief makes it much more enjoyable not having perks or guns stolen. everyone hates on george, but i think its a vast improvement from the theif boss rounds

only complaint about the map really is that they didnt include monkey bombs or gersh's or something new that does the same function

other than that i really enjoy the new map

Here are the 3 things i hate about the Map....

1:The characters i miss Edward, Takeo, Dempsey and Nikolia,

Sure it was ok to have a break but they better bring them Back!

2:The song its to Emoish to me it has nothing to do with the Story or anything! it relates to nothing.

3.Since this map is Big and harder then the other ones it is very hard to play with randoms and that causes me to think that if i die im dead for sure i do not trust my life with any random even if they have a Headset.

Other then that it is Fine.

not many people here have played since WAW, and People who have played WAW realize how crappy BO zombies has become. Almost ALL of the maps lost their value for me (Except Kino, that is on the only WAW-ish map left), What happened to all of the easter eggs?

I miss looking for co-ordinates, translating Illuminati code, now everything seems to be "In your face", there is no RESEARCH to be done, only listening to radios. Sure, AlphaSnake has found some awesome connections, but they are pretty abstract at times. It seems the story has been lost, Zombies became more commercialized with the release of Mw2 and BO, it is no longer a "Cult-like" Following.

This could be due to a change in employees, but I just don't feel the passion I used to.

most who are die hard fans (enough to post on zombie forums anyway ;)) seem to care more about the story line than anything else. which is fine, but honestly i like the idea of other people fighting zombie outbreaks. although i didnt particularly care for the layout of "five" i thought it was an awesome idea and update to the zombies franchise. i just dont really feel any connection in particular to the 4 characters. the key for me to a good map is all layout, weapons, and playability. dont get me wrong i know the storyline and its a neat addition, but i dont prefer one map over another just because of story elements

not many people here have played since WAW, and People who have played WAW realize how crappy BO zombies has become. Almost ALL of the maps lost their value for me (Except Kino, that is on the only WAW-ish map left), What happened to all of the easter eggs?

I miss looking for co-ordinates, translating Illuminati code, now everything seems to be "In your face", there is no RESEARCH to be done, only listening to radios. Sure, AlphaSnake has found some awesome connections, but they are pretty abstract at times. It seems the story has been lost, Zombies became more commercialized with the release of Mw2 and BO, it is no longer a "Cult-like" Following.

This could be due to a change in employees, but I just don't feel the passion I used to.

Yeah, WAW was awesome. I wasn't playing it when it came out, but the amount of easter eggs people discovered from those maps and began piecing the story from is great, on Der Riese especially, all the illuminati codes, radios, PaP introduced, first easter egg with steps(flytrap), all the notes. Kino Der Toten has a lot, except many of the hidden notes are nearly impossible to see without mods. Five actually has a good amount, but nobody cared to look much or take it seriously. Ascension brought some good stuff but not as much as the others, I think it was more of an experimental map, it was much like Der Riese though. Link 3 transportation devices to PaP, many radios, large easter egg, new introductions(Gersch, Matryoshka, Flopper), little easter eggs, big in size, mystery box always in same spot next to power.

CotD brought back the easter egg and radios, but not much else. Daquiri is nowhere near as good as Flopper. And they just brought back all the perks. Moving Pack a Punch can be annoying, to large in size, awkward layout, annoying boss who never goes away. It's good to have a challenge, but in some ways cotd is ridiculous and just not as fun.

• Administrators

100% Agreed. I really like zombies for the story now, and with the new maps, it's just gone downhill. Since Der Riese, I haven't gotten truly truly excited about a map. CoTD made me happy for the singular aspect of the radios, it has caused tones of speculation about Peter, which I am enjoying, but it's just not as epic anymore :(

I really think it's odd... we all wanted a new objective, not just get the power on and survive. But all the objectives they put in, killing George, the missions(EE's), etc, all make it so you only want to play the map a few times, for the objectives, and only want to actually play it for surviving a few times, when you feel you spent too much time on the ma and just don't want to play it anymore. The perfect example of how in video games, less>more. In Blops multiplayer, you have pro perks, customization, contracts etc, but we look at CoD 4 or 5, both obviously better overall multiplayer games for the simple fact of simplicity, but they just keep piling stuff on to make it seem like more than just an expansion. I can go on for and hour and a half on this.

I like this map a lot. But it has so many things that are so annoying like:

1. The rounds take last for like an hour. It was round 10 and i decided to time the round. 19 minutes it took us. The four of us are very good zombie players, but it seemed that zombies just kept coming in that round and just when we thought the round was over and we decided to go up the lighthouse, a pack of zombies just comes from upstairs and behind us and we just got screwed. We couldn't even hear them, its like they just appeared from nowhere.

2. George Romero. :evil: :evil: :evil: Hes is the most annoying man in the world. Every time he screams there is a pack of zombies behind me, and since when he screams you walk slower, the zombies all get me and i get downed.

3. There is no Ak-47 in the map. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Other than these reasons, the map is very good. Sorry for the rant

kthxbai

1. The rounds take last for like an hour. It was round 10 and i decided to time the round. 19 minutes it took us. The four of us are very good zombie players, but it seemed that zombies just kept coming in that round and just when we thought the round was over and we decided to go up the lighthouse, a pack of zombies just comes from upstairs and behind us and we just got screwed. We couldn't even hear them, its like they just appeared from nowhere.

2. George Romero. :evil: :evil: :evil: Hes is the most annoying man in the world. Every time he screams there is a pack of zombies behind me, and since when he screams you walk slower, the zombies all get me and i get downed.

kthxbai

So do you honestly think that if the a k47 was in the map you would ever use it? It wouldnt be worth a shit after round 15 anyway just like the other ARs

I miss looking for co-ordinates, translating Illuminati code, now everything seems to be "In your face".

This.

After Der Riese, we were left with a giant cliffhanger. We learned so much in one map only for the following maps to date to just keep dropping fewer clues after clues. All of which are intriguing no less. But the maps all seem to lack the bit of "UMPH" that made Der Riese (IMO) so epic.

CotD was a clever breather from the typical stuff, but just a bridge to keep us entertained with an egg and a few radios until the next map pack comes out. This map is nothing but a filler, which I had the vibe from the moment I heard that the original crew wasn't going to be in it.

• Administrators

After Der Riese, we were left with a giant cliffhanger. We learned so much in one map only for the following maps to date to just keep dropping fewer clues after clues. All of which are intriguing no less. But the maps all seem to lack the bit of "UMPH" that made Der Riese (IMO) so epic.

CotD was a clever breather from the typical stuff, but just a bridge to keep us entertained with an egg and a few radios until the next map pack comes out. This map is nothing but a filler, which I had the vibe from the moment I heard that the original crew wasn't going to be in it.

You aren't incorrect in saying that Der Riese was so epic. I think that if they don't ad something huge next map to the story (not necessarily on Der Riese magnitude(, they might lose some fans.

2:The song its to Emoish to me it has nothing to do with the Story or anything! it relates to nothing.

I think all the songs are pretty emoish, and the lyrics do tie in with the story, or what we know of it already. It's actually pretty amazing how it was tied in, from aspects of mentioning the writings on the wall and Samantha, as well as 935 and the voices in Edward's head

• Administrators

I don't know what you are talking about. This is my fav map so far. I don't see 12 yr old kids in the online lobbies any more because this is a tough one to crack & very addicting.

If it were so addicting the 12yr olds would have stayed ;) I just don't like the map, it's good, it's well thought out and put together, I just don't like it.

kthxbai

So do you honestly think that if the a k47 was in the map you would ever use it? It wouldnt be worth a shit after round 15 anyway just like the other ARs

Dude te assault rifles are pretty good in zombies. I my self ( with other three people) made it to round 25 with a galil and an aug packapunched. The assault rifle are tremendous weapons in zombies.

I don't know why would you hate them. I am dissapoint.

kthxbai

I like this map but it is not my favorite. it is really big but only parts of the map are really usable. like the ship where the flinger is you can use and camp by the flinger then take it and make your way back and use it again but that doesn't last very long before they spawn in front of you and trap you. really the only strategys ive been able to use in the high rounds are running in front of the lighthouse, inside the lighthouse, the speed cola slide or the main spawn room.

kthxbai

Dude te assault rifles are pretty good in zombies. I my self ( with other three people) made it to round 25 with a galil and an aug packapunched. The assault rifle are tremendous weapons in zombies.

I don't know why would you hate them. I am dissapoint.

kthxbai

no i love AR's in zombies. galil and commando PaP'd are prob my faves up until like you said low 20's or so. my point i guess was would this map really be more addicting if the ak47 was included? i dont think so

I like this map but it is not my favorite. it is really big but only parts of the map are really usable. like the ship where the flinger is you can use and camp by the flinger then take it and make your way back and use it again but that doesn't last very long before they spawn in front of you and trap you. really the only strategys ive been able to use in the high rounds are running in front of the lighthouse, inside the lighthouse, the speed cola slide or the main spawn room.

I am going to agree what selectyeti89 said + I advise using wall guns and buying sickle as early as possible without routing for the box. If you run circles outside/inside the light house just PAP the AK74 and pistol. Buy Juggernaut ASAP then get Flopper, Stamin up and Quick Revive (Speed cola optional).

Hope this helps you get past your record. Once you have enough points you will be in a position to start the game even if you die and re spawn next round. Just try this strat.

I understand you don't like this map, Kinda like 5, that is one map I absolutely hate.

With my limited exposure to BO maps I said this map is my favorite so far. This map is also more challenging.

Even though I recently tried the WAW maps they have failed to impress me.

no i love AR's in zombies. galil and commando PaP'd are prob my faves up until like you said low 20's or so. my point i guess was would this map really be more addicting if the ak47 was included? i dont think so

I don't think it would make it more addicting but I would like it more if it did had the AK-47. Or at least made the ak74u had 30 bullets in the barrel instead of 20. But I guess they just want to crush our dreams with false attachments in trailers or putting guns in posters that aren't in the game.

kthxbai

First of all, diss Avenged Sevenfold, you are dissing pretty much everything. Secondly, the song does fit with the story, treyarch made sure of it.