Old characters done with / Treyarch giving up on the story

Kino Der Toten was supposed to be a CoD WAW map pack. This means that Ascension is the only map so far with the old characters on Black Ops, and the old characters in Ascension are aged and act different. In CoTD the EE has to do with the old characters but we don't get to play as them, or even see them for that matter. That leads me to believe that the old characters are done with and Treyarch gave up on the storyline. I honestly have no clue if this is true but it seems pretty plausible for the only reason they would keep the old characters out to me. Feel free to hate, like I said I'm not sure but it seems pretty plausible.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you......High?

Yeah, it was somewhat upsetting that we didn't get to play as the Original Four. I think this map was more to fill in the story than to continue it. What I mean is this.

Throughout the map are radios where we hear Richtofen talk about Experimenting on the other three. Keep in mind that the Three with Richtofen have no memory of what happened to them when they were hostages of 935. So it wouldn't be a good thing for Richtofen if the Three were to hear those Radios.

I'm pretty Sure this was just to "Spice Things Up" try something new. The Next Map will surely have the Original Four back and the Story will continue.

I don't know where you're getting your information from or why you would think that they'd get rid of the main characters and do away with the story.

In Ascension the characters are dressed differently, that's all. I don't think they've aged so to speak, if they did at all that's just their way of making them look worn out from killing millions of zombies. It was nice touch to see them in a new wardrobe for the new map, the same character models would have been boring. It doesn't mean anything as far as the loose story is concerned.

As for the CotD Easter egg, I don't see how that could make you think they're done with those characters, in fact it makes me think the opposite... They stuffed them into a map they weren't a part of, to me that means they're giving us what we want by reminding us that they're not going to be getting rid of them.

Totally not trying to hate but these "theories" don't sound very plausible to me, they've got no information standing behind them to support them. It sound like you misinterpreted a few details and got worried for nothing.

CotD was a filler. A stupid, nonsensical filler, but a filler. The characters will be back in the next map, though we have been wrong before. Anyway, this is just some stupid random side story that's majorly unimportant, and it's just to show that the story is still going on. I'm grateful they put that egg in to be honest, they said they listen to callofduty.com forums... erm, has anyone ever been there? For the sake of you're mental health, don't. I'd say 70% of people there don't even know there even is a story.

Kino, Ascension, AND Call of The Dead were all supposed to be included in a Map Pack 4 for WaW.

Please get your facts straight before you rant.

Why do you think this is the case?

Where is the evidence?

I actually have counter evidence against this claim.

Only NDU, Verruckt, SNN, DR and Kino were meant for W@W.

Five, Ascension, COTD were not.

Kino, Ascension, AND Call of The Dead were all supposed to be included in a Map Pack 4 for WaW.

Where is the evidence?

Earth is correct

Where is the evidence?

kino and cotd where both included as easter eggs in der riese

search der riese boards which contain a pic of a cinema with zombies, a light house with zombies and paris with zombies.

they are note done with the guys yet.

Just because there were pictures of a lighthouse and a theater doesn't mean those were meant to maps in that game, more likely just ideas the developers had for more maps. As far as the OP said, I'm sure they didn't plan the final World at War map pack to be nothing but Zombies...

Honestly, they are not done with the characters that would be stupid. Also i know this is kinda of topic some of you were talking about outfits i think it would be kool if they had like some minor easter eggs were you can find different outfits they you can choose like Red Dead Redemption. Yes, no, maybe?

Treyarch wouldn't be putting the maps out, or including easter eggs if they didn't care.

Talking about facts, where did you read that those three were suppose to be in Map Pack 4 for WaW? I understand Kino Der Toten, but the other two?

I don't like how Treyarch even screwed with the Zombies mode to go "mainstream". Zombies was the game mode in CoD that was for a certain group of people, but then they had to mess it up by adding CotD with celebrities . . . Great move Treyarch!

And to add to my rant, the radios just give us the basic same information we could have found in the terminal. Only new thing here is that the group time travels, Richtofen needs a golden rod.

Treyarch wouldn't be putting the maps out, or including easter eggs if they didn't care.

Talking about facts, where did you read that those three were suppose to be in Map Pack 4 for WaW? I understand Kino Der Toten, but the other two?

I don't like how Treyarch even screwed with the Zombies mode to go "mainstream". Zombies was the game mode in CoD that was for a certain group of people, but then they had to mess it up by adding CotD with celebrities . . . Great move Treyarch!

And to add to my rant, the radios just give us the basic same information we could have found in the terminal. Only new thing here is that the group time travels, Richtofen needs a golden rod.

Yah they mest it up with CoTD all it was, was a filler for the story it was just more background information thats it.

Also think about it. Kino was the only Map in Black Ops that had Nazi Zombies. Plus if Ascension was to be in WAW, then explain the Soviet Missile that was clearly made in the Sixties. :facepalm:

Yeah, he was definitely mistaken.

(Makes you wonder how he was so confident though)

A useless string in the W@W coding says something along the lines of...

'zombie_asylum, zombie_swamp, zombie_factory, zombie_theatre'

Why?

There were the TEXTURES for all of these maps on the W@W disc.

*Seriously, look UP in Kino at the starting area.

Somebody (shoreyo I think) found the same texture in the old forum.

We puzzled over it.*

Thus, those were the ONLY Map Packs planned for World at War

I think the whole thing with time travel came about when they didn't get kino into the cancelled WAW map pack 4. They had made the map and wanted to release it, but needed it to fit in more with the Black Ops timeline (for continuity with the weapons), so the time travelling crap was born.

IMO kino is where they planned on ending the nazi zombies storyline, as since then its kind of dried up. I think they planned on doing just general zombies for black ops like with Five, but because of all the complaints over Five they brought the 4 heros back again for ascension, but don't really know where the story is heading anymore.

Are you......High?

Yeah, it was somewhat upsetting that we didn't get to play as the Original Four. I think this map was more to fill in the story than to continue it. What I mean is this.

Throughout the map are radios where we hear Richtofen talk about Experimenting on the other three. Keep in mind that the Three with Richtofen have no memory of what happened to them when they were hostages of 935. So it wouldn't be a good thing for Richtofen if the Three were to hear those Radios.

I'm pretty Sure this was just to "Spice Things Up" try something new. The Next Map will surely have the Original Four back and the Story will continue.

They do have their memorys back they got them back on ascension takio makes references that he's gunna get back at the doctor for what he did

They do have their memorys back they got them back on ascension takio makes references that he's gunna get back at the doctor for what he did

First off, his name is takeo, not takio. Second, that would only be Takeo, as Dempsey doesn't remember where he met the doc before SNN, and Nikolai is too drunk to remember.

Where is the evidence?

kino and cotd where both included as easter eggs in der riese

search der riese boards which contain a pic of a cinema with zombies, a light house with zombies and paris with zombies.

OHH

I see where you were going with that.

That's true, but it doesn't mean COTD was ever intended to be released on W@W.

(it would extremely uneconomic, since W@W would be quite old by the time two more Map Packs were released.

Other mainstream games would distract).

There was also the Eiffel tower egg,

but we have no reason so suggest that was an intended Map Pack either.