Call of the Dead story theories...

I looked through the list of topics and didn't see one like this but I didn't dig really hard so I apologize if this kind of thread has been created already.

In the beginning cut scene George Romaro holds up a clapperboard. On that clapperboard there are numbers and the directors name. The date simply says 3/17 or March 17. It's scene 7, shot 15 and take 11. So it looks like this...7/15/11...I dunno, it could be the date of map pack 3's release. I'm more curious about the date. It says it's March 17 (unknown year.) March 17th is btw the 76th day of the year. 7+6=13....my lucky number:D Ok so anyway I looked over and over again for anything that could shed some light on the year. There are no cell phones, the headphones George is wearing are kinda big, the microphones and set up look a bit retro, and the general atmosphere of the whole "film" style of it makes me think this map takes place in the 80's. The late 70's early 80's was the whole zombie film peak and we have George Romaro directing a zombie film. He started his zombie films in 1968 (Night of the Living Dead) but it wasn't until 1978 that he followed up with Dawn of the Dead. Then in 1981 I think he did Day of the Dead.

We have the original 4 heros locked in that room with the metal door and we hear Richtofen say "we went too far into the future" or something along them lines. Then after the easter egg they teleport out of there leaving the Wonder Waffle. Someone else mentioned on another thread on this site how the Wonder Waffle wasn't in Kino because they left it to the new heros on the new map. So after the original 4 teleport from Call of the Dead, they end up in Kino meaning they went from Der Riese to Call of the Dead to Kino.

We also hear Takio getting sick. This could be because of teleporting as we all know Takio has a weak stomach when it comes to teleporting. But we also know they are all infected with 115, and 115 turns people into either super humans or zombies or both. So if Takio starts getting sick after Der Riese and makes it through Kino to Ascension...by now he should be about ready to turn into a zombie. We know that Takio has a death date which is in the 70's.

Let me know what you think. I know this is me reaching, but it's what I love so much about zombies. Also we know that Treyarch loves to mess with our heads.

The confusion begins

ZombiCidaL

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The playable characters make it impossible for it to be in the 80s. They have modern day appearance and Sarah Michelle Gellar was born in 1977. She would be a child. Good thinking with the DG2 though!

I see what your saying, but I'm not sure they are playing as the "real life" versions of themselves. Yes they have all their real names and all but it doesn't have to be real in terms of when they were born and how old they are in real life. I don't know, you might be right.

I'm trying really hard to figure out when this takes place...I just don't think it's too present. But I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

that theroy isnt true cause the charectors talk about the gertch device aka black hole grenade. takeo is getting sick but after u free the charectors from the door dempsey or richtofen clearly say, "i told you not to eat the raw fish." aka sushi. so its a good thought dude but i dont think its right. as far as sarah michelle gellar being a kid. i think that yea there not supposed to be like they are in reality. but i do think its either 1980's or 2011 with them comming into our time if its 2011 or back in the 80's which is what the trailer kinda pointed too. sorry dude

The playable characters make it impossible for it to be in the 80s. They have modern day appearance and Sarah Michelle Gellar was born in 1977. She would be a child. Good thinking with the DG2 though!

I see what your saying, but I'm not sure they are playing as the "real life" versions of themselves. Yes they have all their real names and all but it doesn't have to be real in terms of when they were born and how old they are in real life. I don't know, you might be right.

I'm trying really hard to figure out when this takes place...I just don't think it's too present. But I could be wrong.

Look at George....before he was a Zombie. He's old, that should give you a easier explanation of the Date. And Richtofen did say they traveled to far into the Future.

I can't really agree with you.

I don't think they would put a bunch of characters in it to just mess around with. Maybe if zombies was a separate game, and you could play as like Santa Claus, or stuff like that.

I can't really agree with you.

I don't think they would put a bunch of characters in it to just mess around with. Maybe if zombies was a separate game, and you could play as like Santa Claus, or stuff like that.

i believe treyarch said they wanted to put something special into this map. well gourge was the special thing. and what was to introduce him then put in a cast and to explain why he is in there. to be honest i hate the fact that they put him in. but they probly put him in case people were camping and finding glitches that would help them get to unbelieveably high levels. you got to think like treyarch.

Look at George....before he was a Zombie. He's old, that should give you a easier explanation of the Date. And Richtofen did say they traveled to far into the Future.

haha IGC i just added u 2 weeks ago on live.

to be honest and answer ur q. i think something similar to throwing a gun in the PAP machine happened to good ol george. when he gets pissed he has a tattoo like the guns do. but yes i must agree richtofen does say that but as u progress through the easter egg u find out richtofen did it on purpose (was he here before). i just posted a question about the mysterious golden rod. i mean its a golden rod with fingers.....what does it do and why? nobody has asked this yet and im kinda curious. also how did richtofen know where to find it and was it why he wanted to come to siberia? im all for the paradise being area 51 but maybe this is actually a piece to either A. finding out the next map or B. figuring out the next wonderweapon

• Administrators

that theroy isnt true cause the charectors talk about the gertch device aka black hole grenade. takeo is getting sick but after u free the charectors from the door dempsey or richtofen clearly say, "i told you not to eat the raw fish." aka sushi. so its a good thought dude but i dont think its right. as far as sarah michelle gellar being a kid. i think that yea there not supposed to be like they are in reality. but i do think its either 1980's or 2011 with them comming into our time if its 2011 or back in the 80's which is what the trailer kinda pointed too. sorry dude

Them talking about the Gersch and the sushi is legitimately NO proof to you saying this theory isn't true.

Them talking about the Gersch and the sushi is legitimately NO proof to you saying this theory isn't true.

reread the post dude. the only theroy i dont believe is the one where they say its before ascension and all that. how else would they know about the gertsch device if they didnt go to ascension? and my evidence to saying that i dont believe the theroy, i dont need evidence to state that i dont believe it its an opionion u cant put evidence on opinion unless ur explaining to someone if the opionion is correct. takio getting sick is from raw fish. thats what the charectors said. if u want to object to that then find me so physical proof that treyarch is showing us that takio is turning into a zombie. u cant see the charectors so how do u know hes getting sick and turning into a zombie?