What Year Does Call of The Dead Take Place.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that, it's 2011... The Present.

Before anyone says, how is it possible for the team to be in the future locked on a ship...

We've had time travel since Kino, haven't we?

There must be a teleporter node behind those locked doors.

Maybe Richtofens team will feature on a map within the ships bowels itself, and in that map there would be the very same door where they can hear the Call of the Dead team on the otherside just like they can.

Regards Alpha.

Before anyone says, how is it possible for the team to be in the future locked on a ship...

Maybe Richtofens team will feature on a map within the ships bowels itself, and in that map there would be the very same door where they can hear the Call of the Dead team on the otherside just like they can.

Regards Alpha.

If i remember correctly after you get the rod thing to get lights on Richtofen tells Tank that they time traveled too far. So yes they did timetravel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wznJOcXCRIQ

Go to 1:06

Regards Alpha.

Maybe in the next map we'll see teleporters return!! And as the player teleports, they experience what happened in previous maps such as in CotD, being stuck in the room behind the locked door. Good thought Snake!

Well uh, the map description does say that it is an abandoned (Siberian?) outpost, the 4 explorers are hopelessly trapped trying to find the secrets and origin of 115, and it turns into a hellish nightmare. So, it probably is near modern times like snake said.

But here is a suggestion probably not right. If the zombie breakout happened in the 19 whatevwrs, then could this be an alternate dimension or path of fate? Wouldn't people start to notice zombies over the course of about 65 years?

Pebbly not right but.......... :P

Obviously its in the future.. They dont time travel of course, they are there in CoTD cause their finding the 115 element. Time traveling is ONLY for the other 4 heroes. Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen. btw how the FUCK did they get stuck behind the door? maybe Treyarch will make a map where they show it? who knows!

In the opening cutscene, when the clipper board thingy comes down because Michael Rooker fails at hitting people with guns.

Im pretty sure it says a date in July 2011.

Thats what scene there on, you can see it says 5/17/11 in the corner though xD

Ok, this is totally out there but what the hell, i'll say it...

The latest zombie map has taken place in the MODERN day...

The next CoD game is MODERN Warfare 3...

Perhaps zombies will continue in MW3? Who knows? Especially after the massive failure of Spec Ops on MW2... Maybe Activision will get Treyarch to make more zombie maps for MW3 to make more money? (sounds like something Activision would do)

Please don't flame this is just a wild stab in the dark :lol:

MW3 zombies is doubtful because zombies is a treyarch thing.

One thing i cant come to a solid decision on is how COTD fits into the story line. My thoughts are the crew gets teleported there and bring along traces of 115 that infects the movie set, but they just happen to teleport to a site where there shooting a zombie movie? What are the chances.

In the opening cutscene, when the clipper board thingy comes down because Michael Rooker fails at hitting people with guns.

Im pretty sure it says a date in July 2011.

Thats what scene there on, you can see it says 5/17/11 in the corner though xD

Yeah, I saw that, but that was a 3, not a 5, and if there was an 11 it wasn't visible down in the corner.

So that's a first - an EXACT date for a zombie level.