CoDz Chat Situation

carbonfibah

guys....going to other sites is the exact opposite of what we want to do...... by going to other sites, you are less likely to actually visit the forums. I’m not saying that ppl will do this in large amounts, but it will still subtract from the total activity of the site. it would be the equivalent to having everyone go onto Skype and talk about stuff... ppl would just post their opinions there and not bother to visit the site....just my opinion on the matter.

I have to say that I disagree.

Chat was mostly used for off topic purposes anyway, and if something is worthy to post, people do it.

Chat was always more like its own site anyway. It would not subtract from activity at all, as people want to get their message out there anyway, so they may as well do it on this forum. If you posted it simply in the chat, it would be discussed for five minutes, and then go away. That is why people still post in the forums, and then link back. Those links are always floating in chat.

With chat, you can get the more superficial subject matter out of the way.

With the forum, you get recognition, and a more serious discussion.

It has always been like this, and would not change CoDz one bit, especially if it is similar to the embedded chats that I previously mentioned.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ello, sorry if you saw this posted by Chaoscrazy25, but I was accidentally on my brother's account who is, uhm, said before. *cough cough* look up *cough cough*

Anyways, I'm getting really bored without the chat. Before the chat being gone here was my usual freetime spending: I go on CoDz, look for good post I want to respond to then I look up at chat. I'll most likely go in if it's in the range of Chat [3] to Chat [9], yes Chat [3] and Chat [9] are actual numbers in my world. Then, I check if any of my internet peeps are there. Now here's my freetime AFTER the chat went away: Go on, check if there's any posts I want to respond to, I look up see Chat [0], so I go play zombies, get bored, my team kills themselves if it's their best round. Then, I really I have nothing else to do, most of my neighbors don't even speak english because of how bad my town's been populated by foreigns, and I'm not the athletic type. So, I usually spend my freetime on the chat, does that make me a no-lifer? Most of my topics have been inspired OR discussed on the chat, making it the ultimate topic multiplying source on the site. Also, I used the chat for advertising, two days ago I made a CoDz Version of a song called A Match In Zombies, and only 14 views, no comments, if you want to check it out it's in the member's lounge. So Please Carbon, be a pal, and give your old friend Whenwherewhy? his chat back, or atleast a temporary chat on some other site then make a link to it. Oh, I had to had this: Carbonfibah Is Kool #WINNING

Ello, sorry if you saw this posted by Chaoscrazy25, but I was accidentally on my brother's account who is, uhm, said before. *cough cough* look up *cough cough*

Anyways, I'm getting really bored without the chat. Before the chat being gone here was my usual freetime spending: I go on CoDz, look for good post I want to respond to then I look up at chat. I'll most likely go in if it's in the range of Chat [3] to Chat [9], yes Chat [3] and Chat [9] are actual numbers in my world. Then, I check if any of my internet peeps are there. Now here's my freetime AFTER the chat went away: Go on, check if there's any posts I want to respond to, I look up see Chat [0], so I go play zombies, get bored, my team kills themselves if it's their best round. Then, I really I have nothing else to do, most of my neighbors don't even speak english because of how bad my town's been populated by foreigns, and I'm not the athletic type. So, I usually spend my freetime on the chat, does that make me a no-lifer? Most of my topics have been inspired OR discussed on the chat, making it the ultimate topic multiplying source on the site. Also, I used the chat for advertising, two days ago I made a CoDz Version of a song called A Match In Zombies, and only 14 views, no comments, if you want to check it out it's in the member's lounge. So Please Carbon, be a pal, and give your old friend Whenwherewhy? his chat back, or atleast a temporary chat on some other site then make a link to it. Oh, I had to had this: Carbonfibah Is Kool #WINNING

no. #winning #carbonblood

no. #winning #carbonblood

What is all this #WINNING nonsense?

#stillWINNING and "#CARBONBLOOD" I tweeted that to him. I dun made a meme (or as Waffles likes to call it, a "maymay" XD

STFU WOLFY :D

Twigger, no need to make any assumptions about a generation younger than your own. No need to flam now..

Stopdrop, I wasn't going to say anything about you, but after seeing you post that you are "mature", and have become more well-mannered, i have to say something.

Well, it's one word really.

NO.

Moving on, we shouldn't have an off-site chat. Whole point in all this is that we are on the forum and not in a chat.

Sorry about not quoting everyone who I reply to - just too many :P

Also guys, lets keep this on topic. No need to veer off into another direction. Let's liven this site up - we dont need a chat to do that! All we need to do is..

Only post when you have THOUGHT SOMETHING THROUGH. Pleased don't post or reply to a topic if you are just going to say "Nice, brains 4 u" .. how is that helping anyone? Okay, fair enough, you are most likely rewarding someone for some form of hard work or another, but other than that, it is just a pointless waste of space. We need to stay relevant - this will also mean that the mods will have an easier time removing spam etc as they will have to worry about other things less!

Just my 2 pence :)

A mouthful of wisdom from one of the wisest guys out there, Rofl, god(EDIT:I meant to say good, xD) work! [brains] :D

Stopdrop, I wasn't going to say anything about you, but after seeing you post that you are "mature", and have become more well-mannered, i have to say something.

NO.

I haven't talked to you since I got the board warning like a few days ago, so yeah...

*in the chat

Stopdrop you clearly have not matured seeing as the admin told you to stay out of this thread 2 times? Anyways back to the topic at hand the chat being down has made the site load faster for me as well. I did not use the chat to much but it was nice to have if you wanted to talk to some people. Or ask anyone if they wanted to play zombies. Hopefully the chat can come back but i doubt it will since this site like any other will all ways have immature kids on it.

NO.

I haven't talked to you since I got the board warning like a few days ago, so yeah...

*in the chat

Stopdrop you clearly have not matured seeing as the admin told you to stay out of this thread 2 times?

I don't see why admin told him that, after all, he kinda isn't as bad as he used to be, and this is a members thread, and he's a member.

Plus i hate it when ppl get into flaming wars on here, so lets shut this up can we? Carbon, the chat is gone and it most likely won't come back, so we understand, so please just close this topic...

Carbon, chat is amazing. While i know there has been a lack of discipline and off-ask chatter within it, it also is just a place for CoDz members to meet up and talk. I know that without chat, I wouldn't be friends with MrRoflWaffles, UndeadWolfie, AlphaSnake, and many more (coincidence that they're all UK Zombies). I think Waffles idea on making chat Brain restricted is a great idea, as it forces the people who are allowed into the chat to be productive in the forums. Best of both worlds!

ok so carbon you said you take chat out for two reasons 1 its over used and people arnt coming up with theroys but you also said that without chat we will have search and it will make the site faster yet search is there yes but doesnt work also i dont see the site going any faster i still get errors

im probaly going to lose brains for this (just pointing things out is all)

What Carbon actually said is 1. the chat was being over used and people were not using for CoDz related talk and 2. Carbon is working on how to get the search option back up and running, but he needs help with that. The two arent related in the way you have made it seem.