• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

13 answers to this question

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Sorry if i am not following the rules.

I am just a month or something new.

I haven't read the codes of conduct, I even didn't know of their existence.

I will read them and I will follow them.

Again, my apology

Hey, naw, not you! You've been awesome. There is absolutely nothing wrong with new members, but there are some who come out here to promote their channels and get views. There are some occasions where posting a video is acceptable, but you will find it is usually done EXTREMELY rarely, unless someone else has posted a video of significant relevance to the subject at hand. Not to worry, my friend! We need more like yourself. 

@Spider3000 More like an influx of glitch-evangelists and dump-and-run YouTubers, as well as folks like ZombieRambo24, who see this as some disjointed and virtually anarchal community like Reddit. Just look how many of those posts are MadGaz? He's been milking this site for all he can't (probably not nearly worth it) and he's also notorious for lying. I have reviewed the event, and though I didn't release my scathing analysis of the scandal, due to being sick of the drama, I now wish I had, but probably shouldn't, as it is now well past. 

@NaBrZHunter Still, I wouldn't call it an influx. Outside of those four or five users there hasn't been a lot of regular YouTube advertising, and glitch encouraging.

Yes, there's a little more of this behaviour than usual, but nothing that has gotten out of hand, at least not yet. And if things really do get out of hand, the Staff will step in pretty quick.

Also, I don't think that's fair on Madgaz. He has been responding to feedback lately and changing thread titles when necessary, if they're clickbait, or misleading.

I mean, I have been picking people up about this stuff for a while now. Maybe they don't know the CoC and that is fine, I just really want this place to be how it always is and not have to worry about all of this stuff. New people will learn the rules, I am sure of it. Sometimes I honestly think people need a kick up the backside to get motivated and learn the rules. Mods and stuff were pretty, not harsh but firm with the rules when I first joined and I am really glad for it because it keeps this place nice and I appreciate that they care so much.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I mean, I have been picking people up about this stuff for a while now. Maybe they don't know the CoC and that is fine, I just really want this place to be how it always is and not have to worry about all of this stuff. New people will learn the rules, I am sure of it. Sometimes I honestly think people need a kick up the backside to get motivated and learn the rules. Mods and stuff were pretty, not harsh but firm with the rules when I first joined and I am really glad for it because it keeps this place nice and I appreciate that they care so much.

Yeah, without admins and staff, this site would be full of spam and off topic conversations.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, anonymous said:

Yeah, without admins and staff, this site would be full of spam and off topic conversations.

@Hells Warrrior @Spider3000 Our mods have always been great, you're right. And I understand y'all are busy, so I'm not ranting on y'all; I just wanted to display the sheer volume of crap like this out there now. The purpose of a forum is not to redirect you to YouTube. MadGaz began leaching off CoDZ after the green light scandal and, as you can see above, scarcely provides legitimate content, always giving enough of a synopsis to make it feel like a thread, then redirecting the reader to his YouTube. And that's not just one or two cases! I'm looking at 7 right now that have never been censored. I've seen a lot of YouTube self-promos get taken down; but MadGaz has taken the liberty to do this repeatedly, and had managed to take free reign to post whatever video he wants on a common thread, which is more than irritating, especially as he is one of the last YouTubers I would ever support, having pulled that shameful publicity stunt last year. 

I don't mean to offend anyone, and certainly hope I don't. Anyone who has gotten to know me out here knows I love the game, love the folks out here, andI love the site-in fact, I stand by it being the only worthwhile CoDZ discussion arena/forum out there, hence my passion about this. YouTube is for YouTube. The more people who manage to circumvent the CoC, the more this will look like Reddit and the more useless content we will have, burying the classic, well-thought-out, in-depth, time-invested breakdowns, theories and guides in a wave of 'so I think this may be the case because I found this and I made a video...............(like and subscribe, sucker!)'

Sincerely, 

NaBrZHunter

• Administrators

@Stop Mocking Me0 THE WORD WHICH SHALL NOT BE NAMED :surprise48:

I know that members are allowed to post videos, so long as they give full content descriptions of their videos when they post it. Additionally, a video is allowed if discoveries are made that must be accounted for in a video format (i.e. new EE step, hidden audio cues, anything that requires video footage to be shown); however, theory videos and speculations are not very welcomed and can instead be moved to the Media Center.

I believe that's stated in our CoC, but we may have to define it more to show this. :smiley:

5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

@Stop Mocking Me0 THE WORD WHICH SHALL NOT BE NAMED :surprise48:

I know that members are allowed to post videos, so long as they give full content descriptions of their videos when they post it. Additionally, a video is allowed if discoveries are made that must be accounted for in a video format (i.e. new EE step, hidden audio cues, anything that requires video footage to be shown); however, theory videos and speculations are not very welcomed and can instead be moved to the Media Center.

I believe that's stated in our CoC, but we may have to define it more to show this. :smiley:

Your moderation of this site fills me with determination.

• Moderators

@NaBrZHunter Like good old HW said we are all pretty busy with life and some things might slip out, but keep reporting the topics/posts you feel that are not in the right section etc. 

We might not be able to get to it right away, but we try our best.

Also: I speak/write from experience when I tell you that better times will come. There sometimes will be moments in which you feel a bit upset in regards to this site, but together we can fight through. 

Continue to report, but most importanly never stop having fun. 

• Administrators

@Lenne I guess I just seemed that we were all so worried about becoming the unpopular site in the community that we were afraid to chase off members with no respect for CoDZ unique etiquette. But seeing you put that fella in his place yesterday was encouraging, and has restored my faith. So, thank you! I know we're all (well, especially us adults here) are really busy with life, so I feel ya there, for sure. The time y'all do invest out here is much appreciated.