The unknown mysteries

anonymous

• Moderators

Everyone has it sometimes: A weird thing happens in a Zombie game to you. But it is such small and too irrelevant to make a whole post about. And that exactly is where this topic for is. You've played a nice game last evening? And something strange happened? Post it here, maybe together we can make up if its a glitch, a normal thing that happens to everyone, a small Easter egg or maybe a secret part of the Great Super Egg...

Let us know

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

More of a gameplay thing, but I swear early on in Black Ops 1, I had gotten Host Migration at least twice in Kino der Toten. Host Migration didn't become a thing in Zombies till BO2, but I swear it happened to me. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or somehow I imagined it haha.

Never occurred to me. I too have some of those events that Im not sure happened to me or not. I remember seeing the arrow symbol (like for the Apothican swords) suddenly pop up during a ritual in SoE after my teammate was downed.  It was in the middle of a night, I was with friends, I had drinken something and I was tired, so Im not sure if it really happened to me or not, but Im almost sure.

I remember in FIVE somehow the sound got glitched up so every time someone would use the elevators and once they reached a floor, instead of the  'ding' sound, you would hear Samantha's laugh (same sound that plays when you go out of bounds or cheat in another way) every time the doors opened. 

I also remember back in the Transhit days looking at a door in Town would trigger some weird light fx that would go towards the Pylon.

Also after completing the Easter Egg you would sometimes have the same kind of light effects when hitting the box or around the traffic lights in town.

Weird shit.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Slade said:

I remember in FIVE somehow the sound got glitched up so every time someone would use the elevators and once they reached a floor, instead of the  'ding' sound, you would hear Samantha's laugh (same sound that plays when you go out of bounds or cheat in another way) every time the doors opened. 

I also remember back in the Transhit days looking at a door in Town would trigger some weird light fx that would go towards the Pylon.

Also after completing the Easter Egg you would sometimes have the same kind of light effects when hitting the box or around the traffic lights in town.

Weird shit.

Samanthas laugh in the elevator in Five, I've heard more stories about that. That she keeps laughing sounds more like a glitch to me, but its strange that that sound randomly appears in that map. Did you do anything special that time?

Ah, the beam in TranZit, watch Rissoles video about it, it sort of discussed what it is:

• Moderators
On 12.12.2016 at 1:09 PM, Rissole25 said:

More of a gameplay thing, but I swear early on in Black Ops 1, I had gotten Host Migration at least twice in Kino der Toten. Host Migration didn't become a thing in Zombies till BO2, but I swear it happened to me. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or somehow I imagined it haha.

I am with you on this one, but sadly my memory is fuzzy on it as well... I may have experienced it or seen it in a video on the tubes. 

This may be a bit of a stretch, but sometimes the Mustang and Sally grenades just dissappear. Maybe it is story related. :P

Nice thread Anon. :)

• Administrators

In a very, very, very rare instance, I managed to jump into an existing game on Black Ops 2 with someone who was playing alone. He couldn't have been in a custom match because I went through the Online lobby. If I recall correctly, the map was Die Rise and he was high up in the 60s by himself.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

In a very, very, very rare instance, I managed to jump into an existing game on Black Ops 2 with someone who was playing alone. He couldn't have been in a custom match because I went through the Online lobby. If I recall correctly, the map was Die Rise and he was high up in the 60s by himself.

I remember the same thing in TranZit. I joined a match that already was going on: Round 5 or something. I also remember a friend somehow joining my game while we were at round 3 already. Weird if you now think about it, but in multiplayer it is normal (at least in BO1 multiplayer).

14 hours ago, Lenne said:

This may be a bit of a stretch, but sometimes the Mustang and Sally grenades just dissappear. Maybe it is story related. :P

How do you mean? You shot with M&S and the bullet didn't explode?

• Moderators

@LenneIn my experience BO1 explosives were very finicky and tended to just not work sometimes. Like I remember several instances of throwing grenades, firing M&S, or firing the Ray Gun where the shots or grenades just disappeared after the animation of firing. Same thing rarely happened with Monkey Bombs on occasion too, which often ended in disaster.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a weird thing. Few people have talked about it. On The Giant (idk about Der Riese), if you go to the barricade in front of the furnace where you get the Annihilator, you can hear a little girl (Samantha?) crying. It's legitimately creepy and a little depressing. I want to know if this is part of the story, or just another worthless EE.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BlackFire34171 said:

This is a weird thing. Few people have talked about it. On The Giant (idk about Der Riese), if you go to the barricade in front of the furnace where you get the Annihilator, you can hear a little girl (Samantha?) crying. It's legitimately creepy and a little depressing. I want to know if this is part of the story, or just another worthless EE.

It has been known for a few years now (yes it was in der Riese too) and it is indeed Samantha who cries. The reason why I am not sure, but maybe it has something to do with this:

(Maybe her mother was burned in a furnace)

• Moderators
6 hours ago, BlackFire34171 said:

Thats pretty dark

It is indeed, and sorry for not warning you. The euthanasia project that happened in Tiergartenstraße 4 was the nazi's predecessor of the Holocaust. But remember: The CoDZ story was built on grim events that happened. Shi No Numa with its references to Unit 731 and the mass murders happened in Asia sometimes referred as "the Second Holocaust". The US's Manhattan project that killed thousands of people in Japan. The Green Run project that caused many cancer and other diseases patients in Washington State. Moa Zdong's "Great Leap Forward" that made him #1 killer with even more deaths on his name than Hitler or Stalin. The UN Resolution in Angola that caused many causalities. The awful battle of Stalingrad. And remember, back in the WaW era Zombie mode was more something creepy for mature people, while it these days focuses on children too.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

While playing ZnS yesterday, between round 5 and approximately 15 every zombie killed flew up in the endless sky. It looked pretty funny. Most likely a bug, however it didnt looked very buggy and it was like it was animated pretty good. Anyone had this before?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

While playing ZnS yesterday, between round 5 and approximately 15 every zombie killed flew up in the endless sky. It looked pretty funny. Most likely a bug, however it didnt looked very buggy and it was like it was animated pretty good. Anyone had this before?

Are you certain it wasn't that newWhimsical gobblegum? No one in your game had it?

Archived