Zetsubou No Shima Trailer Has Been Dropped - Analysis Included

51 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I don't think we'll see a Div. 9 version of the machine no, We'v'e seen that thing change too much this game. In fact, we've yet to see the same PAP twice. Maybe they all come with different properties? Like the one on DE needs to be collected, the one on the giant works right off the bat, and the one in SOE requires a ritual to open. 

As for super-nacht: I'd actually really like to see that, just so we can have a map like it. 

The one in The Giant needs you to link the teleporters and the Der Eisendrache one needs three sets of pieces teleported, not collected.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I hope we get the good old PaP machine back, thats the one I like the most. And perhaps is NDU a bunker in Stalingrad, like a start room in that map. Probably not, because it has a german name and you see mostly only forrest around it instead of city around it, but who knows.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Nieno69 said:

But... the Zombie is a crawler? He is Not dead...

You probably dont wanna know how many times I watched if its a crawler. Before it is grabbed, its arms are indeed up, like he is a crawler and tries to grab someone. But the way he holds his head and he his legs and how he lays. I dunno, but it looks like dead to me.

7 minutes ago, anonymous said:

You probably dont wanna know how many times I watched if its a crawler. Before it is grabbed, its arms are indeed up, like he is a crawler and tries to grab someone. But the way he holds his head and he his legs and how he lays. I dunno, but it looks like dead to me.

It is a crawler... it clearly moves it's hand before the plant grabs him.

edit: also the eyes are glowing and dead zombies eyes aren't.

Edited by jiipee95
On 4/13/2016 at 9:04 PM, Doppelgänger said:

It seems to have only just died. The video has the zombie walking past the plant, then skips to where the zombie is on its back with it's limbs blown off. Strange that it contains such a cut, so they could be hiding a way to get the plants to feed on the zombies or perhaps the weapon that killed the zombie. Who knows. There really isn't much we can extrapolate from.

My mistake. I'm seeing everyone commenting that it is not dead and, after reviewing the scene, it is definitely a crawler. Sorry for the false bit of information. Still, it makes me wonder  if we need to turn the zombies into crawlers in order for the plants to consume them. It most likely won't, hopefully at least, as it obviously make Easter Egg hunting an absolute nightmare.

30 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I think it is a Step like the void bow to male crawlers and Feed the plant.... and then IT grows or goes away and Open a New path... nur we have to wait

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

EDIT: I added a section discussing these escape routes that you can use to escape across the map.

Basically the idea I had was that the second tunnel might teleport us away from a Pack a Punch room.

-------------

Also, what does everyone think about the Pack a Punch in this map? Do you think we will be seeing a Division 9 version of the machine?

Wheres that section, the escape tunnels look very interesting. Also, where in the trailer can you see the map you posted in your first post in this topic?

6 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

I think it is a Step like the void bow to male crawlers and Feed the plant.... and then IT grows or goes away and Open a New path... nur we have to wait

There is a division 9 sign behind the plant, like there are dragon symbols in DE. In the DE trailer you see the dragon symbol at the beginning, just like you see the division 9 symbol at the beginning of the ZNS trailer.

I wouldn't want another "feeding" process in this map... at least not for the wonder weapon(s)... If it's equipment like Hells Retriever then it wouldn't be that bad. But it gets boring to spend those early rounds feeding something just to get the wonder weapons :/

42 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

I wouldn't want another "feeding" process in this map... at least not for the wonder weapon(s)... If it's equipment like Hells Retriever then it wouldn't be that bad. But it gets boring to spend those early rounds feeding something just to get the wonder weapons :/

Agreed. It's a really overused means of gameplay that really doesn't need to be there. It made sense on Moon. It made less sense everytime they continued reusing the same "element" of gameplay through every map since then. Hopefully they decide to take another route and come up with something new this time around. 

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

I agree too, even in der Eisendrache I already thought they shouldnt put that game element in it again.

6 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Agreed. It's a really overused means of gameplay that really doesn't need to be there. It made sense on Moon. It made less sense everytime they continued reusing the same "element" of gameplay through every map since then. Hopefully they decide to take another route and come up with something new this time around. 

Did Moon have "feeding" in some part? I can't remember.

3 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I agree too, even in der Eisendrache I already thought they shouldnt put that game element in it again.

Yeah, the dragons themselves look pretty badass and it was fun at first, but now it's just something to get over with to get to upgrade the bows.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

Did Moon have "feeding" in some part? I can't remember.

Yeah, the dragons themselves look pretty badass and it was fun at first, but now it's just something to get over with to get to upgrade the bows.

Yeah, the game element was good, but it was just a thing which made motd unique. Now its not unique anymore.

4 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

The one in The Giant needs you to link the teleporters and the Der Eisendrache one needs three sets of pieces teleported, not collected.

Ah, but within the teleporter if you could get by the door, you could just pack-a-punch once power was on. And when I say collected in DE i mean they have to end up in the same place.

14 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Ah, but within the teleporter if you could get by the door, you could just pack-a-punch once power was on. And when I say collected in DE i mean they have to end up in the same place.

That makes no sense. That is the same as saying without teleporting the pieces in Der Eisendrache or saying without having to do the rituals.

5 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Not souls, actually. "Life force."

They are called Soul Canisters and the boxes in Origins are called Soul Chests. We know Souls are a thing in Zombies and in fact that they are still trapped within the Zombie, forced to look at what they have become.

5 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

That makes no sense. That is the same as saying without teleporting the pieces in Der Eisendrache or saying without having to do the rituals.

That makes perfect sense. If you were to get by the door on the front of the teleporter in the giant, you could access the PAP. Without the rituals, the portal doesn't open in SOE. Even if you were to get to the other side of the wall, there would be no PAP there.

I'm saying the design of the PAP depicts how it's activated: 

-The normal PAP: Requires no activation, but in the giant requires you to bypass a wall. 

-The Apothicon PAP: Requires rituals to activate. 

-The Origins PAP: Requires it's parts to be collected (by which I mean teleporting the 3 parts) 

1 minute ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

That makes perfect sense. If you were to get by the door on the front of the teleporter in the giant, you could access the PAP. Without the rituals, the portal doesn't open in SOE. Even if you were to get to the other side of the wall, there would be no PAP there.

I'm saying the design of the PAP depicts how it's activated: 

-The normal PAP: Requires no activation, but in the giant requires you to bypass a wall. 

-The Apothicon PAP: Requires rituals to activate. 

-The Origins PAP: Requires it's parts to be collected (by which I mean teleporting the 3 parts) 

No, when I said you were not making sense, you were not. You have even dropped the Der Eisendrache thing, as you know it didn't make sense and are trying to cover for that, instead of admitting it.

Der Eisendrache PaP is exactly the same as the Giant, activating three things until you get PaP and turning the power on. Shadows of Evil, you need to activate four things like Generators. Even then, there is no power so its comparable because you need four things for it, like the other PaP's. Under the circumstances of getting through the wall, you would logically think of the Gateworms already being there, due to skipping the Rituals which open the wall.

Rituals=Linking, it is the same amount of effort dude. They are definitely different, but they are also definitely comparable in effort.

Der Eisendrache is the only PaP that could be less comparable effort wise, due to literally three things being pressed without linking/waiting.

58 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

No, when I said you were not making sense, you were not. You have even dropped the Der Eisendrache thing, as you know it didn't make sense and are trying to cover for that, instead of admitting it.

Der Eisendrache PaP is exactly the same as the Giant, activating three things until you get PaP and turning the power on. Shadows of Evil, you need to activate four things like Generators. Even then, there is no power so its comparable because you need four things for it, like the other PaP's. Under the circumstances of getting through the wall, you would logically think of the Gateworms already being there, due to skipping the Rituals which open the wall.

Rituals=Linking, it is the same amount of effort dude. They are definitely different, but they are also definitely comparable in effort.

Der Eisendrache is the only PaP that could be less comparable effort wise, due to literally three things being pressed without linking/waiting.

6e7be7dc18c895b51b6b523702be3262.jpg

I KNOW it takes the same amount of effort to activate the PAP. That was never in question. 

WHAT I'M SAYING is that the TYPE of pack-a-punch determines the way it's accessed. 

If the teleporters and MTD in the giant weren't there. Would you be able to access the PAP once power was on? Yes you would. 

This is marginally different then the PAP on SOE, which would require you to do rituals. If the rituals wern't in the map, there's nothing to trigger the wall in the back of the PAP room from turning from a regular wall into the PAP for the map, however the wall would still be there. 

And in DE, you collect the parts of the PAP. You go around the map finding the PAP parts. If you took it out of the map then you'd have taken out the PAP all together. 

Imagine this was a set of custom maps. The only difference was that I removed -the MTD, -The gateworms,-the PAP teleporters from their respective original maps. 

Would you be able to still use the PAP in the giant? YES. 

Would you still be able to use the PAP in SOE? NO, but the wall that becomes PAP would still be there. 

Would you still be able to use the PAP in Der Eisendrache? NO, and the PAP wouldn't be there at all. 

Have I made this clear enough now?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

They are called Soul Canisters and the boxes in Origins are called Soul Chests. We know Souls are a thing in Zombies and in fact that they are still trapped within the Zombie, forced to look at what they have become.

Where are they called Soul Canisters? 

"Oh that's right! The Machine is powered by life force!" -Dr. Richtofen

The fact that the souls are still in the zombies doesn't prove that the souls power anything. Quote from Maxis in Buried confirm that the "souls" are actually the transfer of energy, and in Origins, Dr. Richtofen, the only one who truly knows what's going on, doesn't say that the boxes are powered by souls, but by energy.