Der Eisendrache Poster

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

What's the bet they'll only give out those posters to a select few? They'd make a killing if they sold the posters.

I'm curious to see how many each store will actually receive, then out of the employees, how many are given to the public. I'm sure where I live won't receive many at all.

I just want to point out that the numbers on the poster are actually ~ I2 29 I7 80

They are not the digit 1

CODBO3_SP_Poster_bonusLG_zpsrylhh5xi.png

• I don't think it says "Star Map" as the R is missing.
  • The letters "TFC" are just below
  • The artists signature is in the bottom right corner
  • Another word in the bottom left which probably says Copywrite/Trademark of Activision

• On the left-hand side (next to Takeo's Head) I can make out the letters - ZEjCHEN or ZEICHEN? I think there are more letters on either side of this. Zeichen means sign or character in German (sternzeichen = Star Sign?)

@Lenne Can you help out at all?

(Sorry for the double post, but its a different topic)

• Moderators

@PINNAZ

You're right, my twin, Zeichen means sign or mark. It does also mean omen though when you put "vor" in front of it. Maybe you crazy theorists can make something out of that as well.

Gonna use it in a german sentence now: Das ist ein Vorzeichen dafür, dass Richtofen wirklich nicht bösartig ist. Just for the giggles. But in the typical use of the german language people say both when they are refering to the word omen: Zeichen and Vorzeichen.

Ahem, yeah.

I would also say that there are more letters next to it. I can see two letters to the left: The first one (with a lot of imagination) looks like a W but the 2nd one right next to the Z pretty much looks like an A to me. The one letter to the right looks like an F to me, but out of the top of my head a word like Wazeichenf doesn't exist. Not even in the Sauerkraut language. :P

But there is definitely no "Sternzeichen" on that poster as far as I can tell.

Hope I could help a bit out or at least get a laugh out of you. :cool48:

Cheers @Lenne

16 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Das ist ein Vorzeichen dafür, dass Richtofen wirklich nicht bösartig ist.

Google Translate ~ This is an indication that Richtofen not really malicious.

I also think that the letters before look like "S T A"? and either an F or an E afterwards. It's just really hard to make out.

Thanks for the info & short translate course Lenne!

• Moderators
6 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

Cheers @Lenne

Google Translate ~ This is an indication that Richtofen not really malicious.

I also think that the letters before look like "S T A"? and either an F or an E afterwards. It's just really hard to make out.

Thanks for the info & short translate course Lenne!

You also see the word "STA" at the right side of the poster

However, wouldn't know what STAZEICHENE means

Edited by anonymous
14 hours ago, Matuzz said:

I think the graphic on the background is some sort of almagest.

BRAINS! @Matuzz It is all coming together! (kind of)

The Almagest ~

The Almagest is a 2nd-century mathematical and astronomical treatise on the apparent motions of the stars and planetary paths. Written in Greek by Claudius Ptolemy, a Roman era scholar of Egypt, it is one of the most influential scientific texts of all time, with its geocentric model accepted for more than twelve hundred years from its origin in Hellenistic Alexandria, in the medieval Byzantine and Islamic worlds, and in Western Europe through the Middle Ages and early Renaissance until Copernicus.

The Almagest is the critical source of information on ancient Greek astronomy.

Ptolemy's work is a fundemental part of the Celestial Globe Model which I included in my thread ~ http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/181799-the-armillary-sphere-celestial-globe/

Ptolemy_urania.jpg

On 1/12/2016 at 9:58 PM, PINNAZ said:

Ptolemy's Geocentric Model

The astronomical predictions of Ptolemy's geocentric model were used to prepare astrological and astronomical charts for over 1500 years. The geocentric model held sway into the early modern age, but from the late 16th century onward was gradually superseded by the heliocentric model of Copernicus, Galileo and Kepler.

Although the basic tenets of Greek geocentrism were established by the time of Aristotle, the details of his system did not become standard. The Ptolemaic system, developed by the Hellenistic astronomer Claudius Ptolemaeus in the 2nd century AD finally standardised geocentrism. His main astronomical work, the Almagest, was the culmination of centuries of work by Hellenic, Hellenistic and Babylonian astronomers. For over a millennium European and Islamic astronomers assumed it was the correct cosmological model. Because of its influence, people sometimes wrongly think the Ptolemaic system is identical with the geocentric model.

800px-1550_SACROBOSCO_Tractatus_de_Sphae

250px-Ptolemaic_elements.svg.png

The basic elements of Ptolemaic astronomy, showing a planet on an epicycle with an eccentric deferent and an equant point.

The Green shaded area is the celestial sphere which the planet occupies.