One of the worst things from BO1 has returned in BO3

Everyone hated how in BO1, if the host quit, the game ended. In BO2, they gave us host migration - praise the lord - but if someone other than the host left the game, leaderboards no longer counted. I would've assumed for BO3, they'd have done the best of both- have host migration, but people leaving didn't affect the leaderboard - well looks like they've just reverted back to BO1. If the host quits the game just ends (without a message even saying host ended game).

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLD ON... there is hope yet!  After countless attempts to get into public games tonight I just played a game on The Giant.  It was 4 players, and the host quit on round 18.  BUT, after a short delay the host actually migrated!  Took a while and I figured the game was just going to end, but we ended up making it to round 21.  Even better, low and behold there it is on the leaderboard... round 21, counted as a 4 player game!

Praying that you just got unlucky earlier and Treyarch has indeed finally made the leaderboards behave the way we all want them to!!!  Makes me think back to all the long nights in BOII wasted when someone would quit a round before my personal best.  Could be a dream come true here... now just get your damn servers working, because i've yet to make it into a public game on Shadows.

Not exactly the same thing as the topic here but I had a weird glitch the other day where I tried to find a public match for a quick game and kept getting glitched out lobbies so I went into solo and while the cutscene was playing, I started hearing other people talk and ask if anybody else was somehow seeing the intro too. Then when the match itself started there were 3 of us in there. It was really weird.

• 4 weeks later...

First ever public match game, I just got red hex on my Haymaker 12 and migrated hosts. Game then ended. I don't understand why this is a thing, but I see now that I am never touching public match again.

I have only one game successfully migrate , I don't see it as anyones fault if there was a quality connection that can port forward between everyone then it should migrate 9 times out of ten this doesn't seem to happen , you need to have more insight into the evidence to make a correct and proper judgement  before blaming bad netcode