So if the zombies storyline wasn't confusing enough then this is going to make it even more confusing. Please remember this is all speculation but it could be true.

So throughout World at War zombies at the start of the match we were always told where we were in the bottom left corner, and it said Germany for Natch Der Untoten, Verrukt and Der Reise - maybe Treyarch is lying and here's why:

First instead of you having to read all of my writing and explanation watch this video first then come back so you understand what I'm talking about: http://youtu.be/2IR77-btTY4

Now you've seen how Shadows of Evil and The Giant are linked, pretty much The Giant could actually be set in America and NOT Germany because of the city name, or Shadows of Evil could be set in Germany however this seems like the most unlikely solution because it's very much American themed and also because of this:

In Tranzit, people found a very secret cameo of a classic map inside the map which was Natch Der Untoten. Everyone thought it was just a cameo of the map and nothing else, however maybe it's not...

Seeing that Der Reise/The Giant is potentially set in America then it makes sense; we were never in Germany. If Natch Der Untoten was in Germany then how is the exact same map in Tranzit? If Der Reise was in Germany then why in the Black Ops 1 terminal does it say it's in the same city as Shadows of Evil? 

This is going to change the storyline so much now because maybe, just maybe - the Nazis were working alongside the Americans in the storyline. 

This could be one of the unfound Easter eggs Treyarch have been talking about, let me know your opinions down below!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, lets get something strait here. 

Der reise is in Germany, thats why when we load in we get the little message saying "Near B. Germany". 

The BO1 terminal goes into more depth with this saying it's in... I can't remember the S word... Sblablabla germany that would later become part of the poland republic after WW2. 

A simple sign in the map Shadow of Evil does NOT mean that SOE is the same place as Der reise. 

If ANYTHING SOE would take place in germany, not the other way around, but that's still unlikely. 

Finally, there's a good chance this map is set in hell and that samantha or someone is trying to tell us about something happening at Sblablabla  Germany (The giant map as most likely). 

And as for space-time disruptions. I doubt those even exist. Most people who use that as a solution just want to "prove" that tranzit and subsequent maps are set in the 1960s. Which is absurd considering a die rise poster. It's more likely that this is 2025 or later. Nact is likely just a similar building, as there are a few things that arn't consistent with the original nact. Buried was... Buried... Under the heaps of sand when the tectonic shifts happened (or when the missiles hit, I mean DAMN they're close to the crater) the blasts put enough pressure on the sand for it to solidify into sandstone. Or hell, maybe it was the time bomb. IDK. 

Ok, lets get something strait here. 

Der reise is in Germany, thats why when we load in we get the little message saying "Near B. Germany". 

The BO1 terminal goes into more depth with this saying it's in... I can't remember the S word... Sblablabla germany that would later become part of the poland republic after WW2. 

A simple sign in the map Shadow of Evil does NOT mean that SOE is the same place as Der reise. 

If ANYTHING SOE would take place in germany, not the other way around, but that's still unlikely. 

Finally, there's a good chance this map is set in hell and that samantha or someone is trying to tell us about something happening at Sblablabla  Germany (The giant map as most likely). 

And as for space-time disruptions. I doubt those even exist. Most people who use that as a solution just want to "prove" that tranzit and subsequent maps are set in the 1960s. Which is absurd considering a die rise poster. It's more likely that this is 2025 or later. Nact is likely just a similar building, as there are a few things that arn't consistent with the original nact. Buried was... Buried... Under the heaps of sand when the tectonic shifts happened (or when the missiles hit, I mean DAMN they're close to the crater) the blasts put enough pressure on the sand for it to solidify into sandstone. Or hell, maybe it was the time bomb. IDK. 

Techtonic plates shifting would crush the entire town and definitely would not place it in africa mostly intact. It also wouldn't have sloth still alive down there. 

Missiles hit in the 60's so a robot bus driver with a personality could not have been invented yet. No one would have taken the time to create that robot when the entire globe is consumed in fire and brimstone and massive panic. In the 60s it is impossible for the zombie apocalypse to go on for 60 years and 2025 technology and events to continue as they normally would

It is a mix of tectonic shift and the element 115 displacement thing as far as I am aware. The missiles did hit in the 60s definitely and the bus driver I think is from 123 years after, since its a quote he mentions. I say that 115 has a part in Buried being there because it is not like it is going to still exist as it does in the 60s, it had to have traveled through time to be there and since all of time is converging in on itself in BO2 that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

It is a mix of tectonic shift and the element 115 displacement thing as far as I am aware. The missiles did hit in the 60s definitely and the bus driver I think is from 123 years after, since its a quote he mentions. I say that 115 has a part in Buried being there because it is not like it is going to still exist as it does in the 60s, it had to have traveled through time to be there and since all of time is converging in on itself in BO2 that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

when marlton mentions techtonic shifts i belief hos information is innacurate. He is only trying to piece together the situation with his limited knowledge of what is going on. Techtonic plates makes sense to marlton because he does not know about time travel or geoup 935 or any of the experiments. His mind can't conceive it. 

Well the earth is actually destroyed, if you look at it, things are not where they should be so I do not see why something similar to a tectonic shift could have not happened.

Further more, there is no evidence that the map takes place in the 60s. And for the love of god If I even SEE the word nuke town: THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF A DATE IN NUKETOWN. 

Marelton's knowledge of weapons includes weapons from the 2025 era, and while we know the box can pull weapons from different times, marelton can not make quotes about knowing about guns from the future without being from a time when the futuristic guns were available. FURTHERMORE, marelton was in nuke town before the bombs hit. 

Further more, there is no evidence that the map takes place in the 60s. And for the love of god If I even SEE the word nuke town: THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF A DATE IN NUKETOWN. 

Marelton's knowledge of weapons includes weapons from the 2025 era, and while we know the box can pull weapons from different times, marelton can not make quotes about knowing about guns from the future without being from a time when the futuristic guns were available. FURTHERMORE, marelton was in nuke town before the bombs hit. 

Lol yes there is. The whole look of the place. Nuketown being set in 1960s (which we definitely know to be true). All characters know about weapons they shouldn't, so what? Have you even seen the Giant intro?

Is there any actual evidence to this Nuketown takes place in 1960 claim? 

No, other then "It looks like it's in the 60s" and "The nuke town from BO1 was in the 60s". 

-The cloud from NTZ may not be from the nuke in the BO1 map. 

We've gone into great datail. Some people state that there was a pact made to stop nuclear testing, to which we state "But nuke town 2025 is still there". There's a lot of arguments, and even more counter arguments. 

It is not even worth arguing that Nuketown isn't in the 60's. The zombies are the soldiers from the MP map, so it is definitely the 60's. Then you have this description which confirms it is set after the MP map:

"Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies."

It is not even worth arguing that Nuketown isn't in the 60's. The zombies are the soldiers from the MP map, so it is definitely the 60's. Then you have this description which confirms it is set after the MP map:

"Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies."

My guess is that that's from COD Wiki? The place that has time and time again made up lore off it's own? 

That was the official description on the CoD website. https://www.callofduty.com/au/en/blackops2/dlc/seasonpass#video-content

Anyway I think getting into missle stuff is just a whole other bag of worms that would probably need it's own thread again.

I honestly just think the Nacht thing was a cameo. Hey this is our biggest map to date! Why don't we put our first and smallest map in as a hidden easter egg.

Yes there is, the fact that aboveground nuclear testing was banned via international treaty in the mid 1960's, the style of Nuketown clearly being 1960's, and the confirmation that it's set after the MP map all confirm it (and thus Moon) to be in the 1960's. 

And as for space-time disruptions. I doubt those even exist. Most people who use that as a solution just want to "prove" that tranzit and subsequent maps are set in the 1960s. Which is absurd considering a die rise poster. It's more likely that this is 2025 or later

Unfortunately this is one of Benn Down's infamous takes on the storyline that he plugged to everyone as FACT! and that he claimed to pretty much write the whole storyline and concept for Treyarch from back in WaW so it had to be real because he wrote it. I don't agree with it myself and even though we have obviously created some kind of paradox somewhere down the line, I don't believe for one minute that certain maps exist in alternate timelines existing is some bubble crap created by the rockets hitting Earth. It is part of his whole "Two worlds collide" thing that unfortunately he managed to brainwash many people with. Not that I am saying it is not a decent theory, but I don't agree with it.

Is there any actual evidence to this Nuketown takes place in 1960 claim? 

No, other then "It looks like it's in the 60s" and "The nuke town from BO1 was in the 60s". 

-The cloud from NTZ may not be from the nuke in the BO1 map. 

We've gone into great datail. Some people state that there was a pact made to stop nuclear testing, to which we state "But nuke town 2025 is still there". There's a lot of arguments, and even more counter arguments. 

If Nuketown zombies takes place in 2025 or beyond, then why does it not look like the Nuketown 2025 MP map? Why does it still resemble the 60's version? Also, is Richtofen going to modern day and collecting the Golden Rod and Focusing Stone only to return to the 60's on Moon and changing history not the reason the paradox was created in the first place? Because he now made it that the future where he obtained these items no longer exists?

The only maps that kind of threw the whole Moon/Nuketown being in the 60's are Tranzit and Die Rise and thus created much confusion. Even Maxis' quote where he said he had been searching for decades suggested strongly that Moon was in the 60's.

This is why I don't like the alternate timeline thing. People use it as an excuse to cover up what appears to be mistakes on the dev's part to fix a broken story.

I just want to clarify, I wasn't talking about that bubblles nonesense I was talking about how 115 can bring things from other times into one time like what has been shown in Origins.

Although thinking about it, I believe more that it has to do with time coming to a stand still and its all happening at once, kind of like in Doctor Who.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

Really? The first time there was a paradox in the new Doctor who dragons came about. 

The map has been decimated for a long time. There's definitely the possibility of there being two explosions, and that still doesn't answer the question of Marelton's knowledge of weaponry, as we KNOW he was in Nuketown. 

I was talking about Big Bang/ Wedding of River Song.

The biggest problem with the zombies story is that people make it more complicated than it needs to be. Why is Nuketown in the 60s when Die Rise takes place past 96? Life doesn't just go on like that after an earth shattering explosion. Not to mention Marlton's knowledge of future weapons, a calculator on him which places the timeline past the 70s, etc. Sometimes, the simple answer is the best. It's in 2025 (or at least past the 2000s most likely). 

The biggest problem with the zombies story is that people make it more complicated than it needs to be. Why is Nuketown in the 60s when Die Rise takes place past 96? Life doesn't just go on like that after an earth shattering explosion. Not to mention Marlton's knowledge of future weapons, a calculator on him which places the timeline past the 70s, etc. Sometimes, the simple answer is the best. It's in 2025 (or at least past the 2000s most likely). 

Yeah, but these events you talk of only happened when BO2 came out and pretty much messed the storyline and timeline up. Before the confusing Tranzit and Die Rise everything was easier to understand. They just messed things up to the point where we now assume Moon did take place around 2025. This is why people start coming up with multiple timelines and pockets of time in bubble crap.

What Die Rise has done is confuse the situation. Tranzit to an extent but Die Rise more so because the city used (assumed to be Shanghai) was clearly still unaffected until at least 1996 onwards so we are forced into accepting that Moon takes place later or there is indeed multiple timeslines. Neither of which I am completely satified with. How would it even be guaranteed that the computers or power would still work after at least 60+ years since they were installed in Griffin Station? or that the Americans would not have since been there and took over?

In my opinion they fucked up the storyline when they decided to make it that far into the future. Outbreaks of zombies in different areas of the world over a 60-80 year period? It just seems really silly to me.

As far as moon goes with the decay of technology and all that, I think we kind of just have to suspend our disbelief. I mean, there's bits of 1000 year old flesh on the templar zombies in origins, to me at least it's not hard to believe the tech survived being untouched. Though at the same time, given that the nevada base had a teleporter to the moon, it may well be possible that the americans DID take over the base, and that's why the tech didn't decay.

I currently have a New Thesis in the works which gives an alternative to "Time Pockets".. It involved the MPD's ability to create objects and it's ability to bring forth what I call Temporary Universal Fragments. It's not time pockets but rather new creations based on some form of reality. I can't really explain it all here but it involved Mob of the Dead and all sorts of things I have never thought of before but after hours and hours of searching for possible evidence the puzzle starts fitting together. Whether or not this is what treyarch plans is beyond me but it would explain alot.