The most important feature which should be included.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do have the technology to detect on the XB1 at least. Try it, play a game, turn off your Xbox and then turn it back on: The game's still where you left it. (unless you hold the button to total shutdown mode). This is because the game is being played on a cloud synced with the xbox's hard drive and software allowing one to turn off the hardware without ending a game. 

We 100% have the technology to detect if a game was cut by power or manually turned off on at least one console. 

They do have the technology to detect on the XB1 at least. Try it, play a game, turn off your Xbox and then turn it back on: The game's still where you left it. (unless you hold the button to total shutdown mode). This is because the game is being played on a cloud synced with the xbox's hard drive and software allowing one to turn off the hardware without ending a game. 

We 100% have the technology to detect if a game was cut by power or manually turned off on at least one console. 

How would they know if you purposely left the game or not that is what I am saying. There is no way to tell that. You can't tell the difference if a person pulled the plug on their system or if they just had a power outage. Xbox cannot detect the difference between the two of these things so no they do not have the technology for what I described. Your describing a situation in regards to a online feature. Even then the system cannot put them back where they were in a online multiplayer game.

Edited by Zelkova

That is true about an online feature, but it's not unthinkable that a system can tell the difference between a manual command to cut the power and the sudden cut of power. We know the device can read when the power button is pushed because it takes a few seconds to activate shutdown mode (which is why the little light stays on) and it makes the noise which it doesn't if the power is cut. SOMETHING in there knows the power button's been pushed. 

That is true about an online feature, but it's not unthinkable that a system can tell the difference between a manual command to cut the power and the sudden cut of power. We know the device can read when the power button is pushed because it takes a few seconds to activate shutdown mode (which is why the little light stays on) and it makes the noise which it doesn't if the power is cut. SOMETHING in there knows the power button's been pushed. 

But it CANNOT tell the difference between someone literally pulling the plug (which I knew many of people who did this back during BO2 on 360) and if the power went out in a house (which is beyond the persons control, meaning they shouldn't be punished for it).

The power going out is a maybe once a month concern, if that. If you play 2 or 3 games a week, out of those 100+ games a year, you might legitimately have your power go out two times. 

Internet disconnecting, similar story. It makes no sense to design a system around maybe 5% of the real disconnects, when it would be much simpler just to design it with the 95% in mind. 

If it's on their servers because of an update or other nonsense, than that should be accounted for, but if it is ine person dropping out, then it still negatively impacts the team, regardless of the reason, and they should be punished for it. 

If you are constantly starting games that you can't finish, then your rank should reflect that. If your internet or power constantly goes out, then your rank should reflect that. 

• 3 weeks later...

I do not want to be deranked or lose xp because it was the game that kicked me (yes im looking at you BO2) or loss of internet connection. And if they make BO3 a combination of BO1/2 which is host migration from BO2 and the rounds still counting like BO1 regardless if a player leaves. Then is player punishment as necessary as they havent necessarily ruined your game.

The issue TimeLord, is that BO2 also has the ability to let lone players join back in to a game thats already started. This can really shift the tides depending on who re-joins the game. Assuming this feature is included in BO3 I suggest a few things: 

When someone leaves, the game pauses and the host is given an option: -Wait for the player to return, -Continue without, or -Find a new player. By finding a new player the round count will stop going towards your leaderboards. By continuing without, or waiting for the other player to return the score still counts towards everyone who's still in the game. 

The power going out is a maybe once a month concern, if that. If you play 2 or 3 games a week, out of those 100+ games a year, you might legitimately have your power go out two times. 

Internet disconnecting, similar story. It makes no sense to design a system around maybe 5% of the real disconnects, when it would be much simpler just to design it with the 95% in mind. 

If it's on their servers because of an update or other nonsense, than that should be accounted for, but if it is ine person dropping out, then it still negatively impacts the team, regardless of the reason, and they should be punished for it. 

If you are constantly starting games that you can't finish, then your rank should reflect that. If your internet or power constantly goes out, then your rank should reflect that. 

On playstation as of late for some wierd reason I at least once a day have a issue where it will kick me out of the match (everyone actually) because of a host migration and me and my party are always getting seperated. I also immedietely leave a match if I am solo and I suddenly get a invite from a friend to play as we always play as a party of 6 but due to playstations latest patch I haven't been able to see the pop up for when friends get online.

The issue TimeLord, is that BO2 also has the ability to let lone players join back in to a game thats already started. This can really shift the tides depending on who re-joins the game. Assuming this feature is included in BO3 I suggest a few things: 

When someone leaves, the game pauses and the host is given an option: -Wait for the player to return, -Continue without, or -Find a new player. By finding a new player the round count will stop going towards your leaderboards. By continuing without, or waiting for the other player to return the score still counts towards everyone who's still in the game. 

That is only for custom games though, are we talking about that as well as public lobbies?