In anticipation of WaWII....

RedDeadRiot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither did Xbox One but they went with it, I understand why they went with it because it's an all in one console. World at War 2 might be the name, could be the finest hour 2 or World at War - The Rise of The Allieds.

Doesn't matter what the name of the game is, it's what's within the game that counts.

I hate the name Xbox One too, I have so many problems with that so its the same principle. I have faith in 3arch to actually name it something good though.

Thing is, world at war DOES NOT MEAN World war 2. It can mean world war 3, which in the Trayarch storyline, hasn't happened as of the events of BO2... So it would be a complete sequel, borrowing the title from it's base game. Call of duty (I think this is 13): World at war:2. 

Can't really see Treyarch doing a game on World War III. That was the primary basis for MW3, remember? Every trailer leading up to the game made a big deal about it being WWIII. Treyarch aren't the types to copy a concept like that from IW.

I thin WaW2 is possible, and in fact probably the best business move. Lots of grumblings around ghosts and Advanced Warfare. Go back to a game that was successful and critically welcomed with open arms.  The war didn't end when the Axis surrendered. Lots of high ranking officials went into hiding, dug in for final stands... There's tons of content that they didn't touch in WaW, that they could go back on. I get where Black Ops was a continuation, but it wasn't direct. You're not opening your mind, I've considered all your ideas. Your one knock is that there is nothing to go off of, and while they can't just go and take missions out of the log, there were tons of battles not represented in WaW. Treyarch could make whatever they did, work. 

Imagine this (realistic fiction):

Black Ops: World At War.
Wednesday, May 2nd 1945
Black Ops Briefing, US Outpost. Berlin, Germany. 

We can confirm that Hitler has committed suicide. His body has been brought back to the outpost for Autopsy. However, we have confirmed sources stating that the remainder of the Hitler Hierarchy has scrambled to gather all advanced weaponry in their possession, to try and organize a counter strike against the allied forces. Reports have few details, other than a few locations, and that they are in possession of  Nuclear weaponry and, Code Name Bell, or as the Nazis refer to it, Die Glocke. 

Your mission is to travel the European countryside in search of the remainder of Hitlers forces, end their counter strike, and destroy their weapons. Be prepared for the fight of your life. The Nazis are in a panic, with their leader giving up on life, they feel it is their mission to continue his vision to the very end. However, you have a new, yet familiar enemy. Another nation is in the hunt for the Nazis, not to end their Tyranny, but to gain the weaponry for their own good. The world thinks the war with Germany is over, but the world is still at war. 

Thing is, world at war DOES NOT MEAN World war 2. It can mean world war 3, which in the Trayarch storyline, hasn't happened as of the events of BO2... So it would be a complete sequel, borrowing the title from it's base game. Call of duty (I think this is 13): World at war:2. 

Can't really see Treyarch doing a game on World War III. That was the primary basis for MW3, remember? Every trailer leading up to the game made a big deal about it being WWIII. Treyarch aren't the types to copy a concept like that from IW.

It wouldn't be copying a concept. Modern warfare is modern. WW3 warfare would take place after BO2, which is in the near future, but still the future. 

I thin WaW2 is possible, and in fact probably the best business move. Lots of grumblings around ghosts and Advanced Warfare. Go back to a game that was successful and critically welcomed with open arms.  The war didn't end when the Axis surrendered. Lots of high ranking officials went into hiding, dug in for final stands... There's tons of content that they didn't touch in WaW, that they could go back on. I get where Black Ops was a continuation, but it wasn't direct. You're not opening your mind, I've considered all your ideas. Your one knock is that there is nothing to go off of, and while they can't just go and take missions out of the log, there were tons of battles not represented in WaW. Treyarch could make whatever they did, work. 

Wednesday, May 2nd 1945

We can confirm that Hitler has committed suicide. His body has been brought back to the outpost for Autopsy. However, we have confirmed sources stating that the remainder of the Hitler Hierarchy has scrambled to gather all advanced weaponry in their possession, to try and organize a counter strike against the allied forces. Reports have few details, other than a few locations, and that they are in possession of  Nuclear weaponry and, Code Name Bell, or as the Nazis refer to it, Die Glocke. 

Your mission is to travel the European countryside in search of the remainder of Hitlers forces, end their counter strike, and destroy their weapons. Be prepared for the fight of your life. The Nazis are in a panic, with their leader giving up on life, they feel it is their mission to continue his vision to the very end. However, you have a new, yet familiar enemy. Another nation is in the hunt for the Nazis, not to end their Tyranny, but to gain the weaponry for their own good. The world thinks the war is over, but the world is still at war. 

Well... The world defiantly did not thing the war was over... Especially Japan... 

But I would like to see a game about WW2 being dragged out over, oh say, the 1950s-60s in a perpetual battle calling for advancements in warfare far beyond what was actually available at the time. 

-German weaponry advances 10-fold allowing for almost BO2 level weaponry. 

-The game still maintains an old warfare feel with old technology. 

-We could combine the use of things like drones and robots, with the old feeling of tanks and fighter planes. 

Somethings I want to see in multiplayer: 

-Tanks: May seem OP, but in reality a tank, while almost invernable, would be weak to EMPS and explosions. It also would risk a breakdown and overheating. It also would be slower then a foot solder and have a slower time shooting. 

-Bi-planes and dog fights. 

-Drones

-EMPs. 

-REALLY heavy mini-guns. 

-Axis weaponry differing from Ally weaponry.

-Black hats and code crackers for sabotaging care packages. 

Edited by Stop mocking me0

Wednesday, May 2nd 1945

Your mission is to travel the European countryside in search of the remainder of Hitlers forces, end their counter strike, and destroy their weapons. Be prepared for the fight of your life. The Nazis are in a panic, with their leader giving up on life, they feel it is their mission to continue his vision to the very end. However, you have a new, yet familiar enemy. Another nation is in the hunt for the Nazis, not to end their Tyranny, but to gain the weaponry for their own good. The world thinks the war is over, but the world is still at war. 

Well... The world defiantly did not thing the war was over... Especially Japan... 

Touche, shoulda said war with Germany lol. And exactly, the last campaign mission for the Pacific arch of the campaign is in April, maybe May. still 4 months of war with the Japs between then and their surrender.

Neither did Xbox One but they went with it, I understand why they went with it because it's an all in one console. World at War 2 might be the name, could be the finest hour 2 or World at War - The Rise of The Allieds.

Doesn't matter what the name of the game is, it's what's within the game that counts.

I hate the name Xbox One too, I have so many problems with that so its the same principle. I have faith in 3arch to actually name it something good though.

Well, if WaWII indeed does happen, then I'll have lost all hope for Treyarch ever being a creative company again.

Seriously dude that's one of the most ridiculous and arrogant things I've ever heard on here.

Why? Because I gave my response and opinion on the idea of a WaW II in the future? I don't think I'm the arrogant one here. If anything, you'd be the arrogant one, for not understanding my opinion on the matter.

Yet, I know you'll see differently... we all see things with a different perspective, and if you see this as so... then fine. That's acceptable, that's respectable.

These are both kinda the same.

@Nightmare Voyager - do you have an Xbone?  Do you have an opinion on the hardware itself?  Names aren't as important as content, at least not in the sense of video games.

You talk about it almost like it's a huge issue to you...a name, really?

@The Meh - I'll explain why I called your opinion arrogant.

Treyarch have released say 10 zombie maps.  They created those maps, they created the game, they created the storylines, they ultimately created this website.  It's genius.

Let's say that Treyarch released the name of the game tomorrow, and it was WAW2.  Before even playing the game, before knowing anything about the game mechanics, the storyline, the weapons, the settings you have already judged an entire company's creativity based entirely around what you believe it should be.

You, against say 50 people working at Treyarch know more about creativity than them, enough to say with confidence that you have lost all faith in them due to a name.

I respect you can hold that opinion, but dude it's arrogant as hell.  It doesn't even actually matter what your opinion is on it, what you think it should be called etc.

To actually say that you lose all faith in them to me came across as you saying that if they don't follow what you think they should, they are basically wrong.  That's almost the definition of arrogant, and it's a ridiculous position to take.

Sorry for having to say it, but it's really what I felt as soon as I read it.  I was totally prepared to defend why I said it, I hope you see I've tried to do that.

I don't believe you are arrogant, but that's for sure an arrogant opinion to take.

• Tech Admin

I do own an xbox one actually, you have no right to say my opinions are wrong when I can hold whatever ones I like. I know a name does not make the game but it has to make sense, doesnt it?

I think that's the point@Nightmare Voyager it does make sense, it is an all one entertainment console therefor the Xbox One was born.Is it the first in the generation of xbox consoles? No.

No, hells its my opinion I dont think it makes sense and have given valid points as to why, you cant just say im wrong for holding that opinion, I only meant to put one thing anyways and its turned into a load of stuff.

Why didn't I see this thread earlier?

I don't have too many particular memories. In particular, the "don't revive me," people. Man, glitchers were stupid. It was so fun hearing their screams as I revived them.

First time playing Nacht. I'm freakin out, because I'm scared of everything. I go to the far end of the bunker and stay at the window to the right. I hear noises, but I don't know what they are. Silence. I'm freaking out right now. I turn around to see a zombie staring at my face. I say "holy shit," knife it, and then immediately go to my menu and quit. Funny how much I've changed, haha.

Surviving with randoms in general. It was always a blast back in that game.

Sooooo many memories, I can't list em all. Many of them blend together, so it's hard to pick out my favorite moments.

Why didn't I see this thread earlier?

I don't have too many particular memories. In particular, the "don't revive me," people. Man, glitchers were stupid. It was so fun hearing their screams as I revived them.

First time playing Nacht. I'm freakin out, because I'm scared of everything. I go to the far end of the bunker and stay at the window to the right. I hear noises, but I don't know what they are. Silence. I'm freaking out right now. I turn around to see a zombie staring at my face. I say "holy shit," knife it, and then immediately go to my menu and quit. Funny how much I've changed, haha.

Surviving with randoms in general. It was always a blast back in that game.

Sooooo many memories, I can't list em all. Many of them blend together, so it's hard to pick out my favorite moments.

I also had the privilege  to unlock zombies and experience them without knowing wtf was going on as well. Crazy times :P