The New Site

Hells Warrrior

• Tech Admin

We are opening up the new site to all

d0930bd3e5ba2fef598c590f1f33edcf.jpg

The frontpage is just a quick mock up and hasn't been completed or finalised. This very unlikely to be the final design of it. Just something for you all to get the idea of the landing page before accessing the forum.

Quite a lot has changed, especially with the editor, you don't need to insert an image or click on more reply options to add attachments. Simply paste the link to an image, press enter and the image will appear, this is the same with soundcloud, youtube etc.

The @ mention function, simply type @ then in lower case type the start of the persons username and a list will appear, you can select from that list. We'll write a more information changelog once we are ready to go but we wanted to give a you a taste of the site.

However.

We have only opened up the frontpage and the forum for the time being, whilst we work on the remaining part of the site and features. You can login with your existing username and password (facebook/twitter/steam login options are not enabled but visible). Any new member that has registered after the 8th February 2015 will need to register on the new site to use it.

Remember, this is still in development, so styling issues and bugs may still be present. So we have a bug tracker you can use to log anything you see, this way we can investigate it and fix. Please give as much information as possible (screenshots, links, steps to reproduce if possible).

So feel free to browse, feel free to make as many posts as you want and don't worry about posting or creating topics in the wrong area (it's a copy of the database).

Any questions, please respond here or in the dedicated forum on the new site.

JUST GIVE ME THE LINK WILL YA

patience, my friends, patience.

If you click here, you will be taken to the new look site (some of it anyway).

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it works now, I will comment if there are like any other problems I run into.

Edit: It seems to not be updated to what is currently on the site, like there is future zombies section still and there is none of some of the newer posts.

I dont want to keep posting here as it clogs the post up but what am I meant to be looking at?

Edited mine too: No problems about that but I did wonder if that was the case and you forgot it. No worries.

It looks really good.  I do like having a main page to default to as opposed to just the forum, even though the forum is the meat and potatoes of our site.  I think it could certainly drive some additional traffic to the site overall.  It will take some getting used to as with any change, but I like where we are headed

• Administrators

Is this gonna be a replacement for the current site? or is this a side thing. Also i can't log on.

Check the other posts before you about the login. It's not the same login as your current CoDz one.

And it will be the new site when released. This is just how the frontpage [kinda] looks, with some more edits along the way. @Hells Warrrior busted his ass to make this possible. :)

• Tech Admin

If you registered before the 8th February then normal login details should work, after the 8th February you will need to register as a new member.

It will be a complete and full replacement of the current setup, we have got lots of work to do, it has been pretty stagnant for a few weeks but we'll be starting to progress things forward very quickly now.

• Tech Admin

So mobile friendly, a caveman could access it! Great work guys.

Yeah it's fully responsive and to be honest we are "more" interested in feedback from mobile and tablet users than we are web users, I simply haven't tested it as thoroughly as I want too but the suite has been rested extensively by the community and invision (it's pretty stable mobile and web). All feedback and bugs are welcome to be reported and improvement suggestions. We (staff) have the ability to make changes but the site is for everybody that uses it and we need to make it work for everyone.

The custom pages we are doing need to be as mobile friendly as possible as well, but some just won't be as responsive (by design) - we'll do what we can to make every page as mobile friendly as possible though.

• Tech Admin

I am LOVING the destroyed world background!  It's important to point out the little things sometimes!

The plan is you'll be able to select your own background.

@Hells Warrrior

I posted in the "Report Bug" section of the new site. Should I have done this? Or does that send the report to Invision?

That's cool, exactly what we are after, it only goes to us.

Looking sexy. How long can we expect before we exclusively start using this new site give or take?

Roughly, maybe a month or two.

So mobile friendly, a caveman could access it! Great work guys.

Yeah it's fully responsive and to be honest we are "more" interested in feedback from mobile and tablet users than we are web users, I simply haven't tested it as thoroughly as I want too but the suite has been rested extensively by the community and invision (it's pretty stable mobile and web). All feedback and bugs are welcome to be reported and improvement suggestions. We (staff) have the ability to make changes but the site is for everybody that uses it and we need to make it work for everyone.

The custom pages we are doing need to be as mobile friendly as possible as well, but some just won't be as responsive (by design) - we'll do what we can to make every page as mobile friendly as possible though.

I hear you loud and clear, I'll use my tablet throughout the day on the new site and give you some feedback once i get through most of it. I'm using a galaxy tab 4. Maybe someone on an iPad could kick in some input too.