5 Nights At Freddys 2: The full story

I'm a bit confused by this creepy game in general.

Hell even the time frame: 

At the beginning new anamatronics alongside old anamatronics make it seem like this is a sequel to the original FNAF. 

Even the phone guy points out the removal of sealed doors. 

However, at the end, one finds out that their PAYCHECK is set in NOVEMBER 1987. 

In the original game, the phone guy talks about the "bite" of 87 when one of the robots bit someone's frontal lobe off. 

From this knowledge it appears that FNAF takes place AFTER 5 nights at freddys. 

But in the sequel, it's clear that the summer job (another contradiction considering the paycheck is made out for NOVEMBER), is making the same horrible pay as the original (120.00$ a week). This is only acceptable by 1980s standards. 

It's all very confusing and very conflicting. 

This is either a great story, or one that was not given much attention at all… 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a prequel because the guy who's on the phone in both games died during Night 4 of the first game.

In the first game, the person who did the night shift before you left you several recorded messages from one week prior to your arrival to help you through the nights. In the last recording he gets killed by the animatronics.

In the second game, the same phone guy is back, and during night 6 he says that: "when the place eventually opens again, I’ll probably take the night shift myself." Which he does in the the first game, after which he records the messages for you, gets killed and replaced.

In the first game there are newspapers scattered around about the missing children incident which caused the previous Freddys place to shut down.

During Night 6 of the second game, phone guy tells you the place is going to be shut down for a while because someone stole a spare, golden suit. Since you already arrived however, he tells you to finish the night as its too dangerous to leave the place in the middle of your shift.

The last thing he says is that the place is allowed to host one final birthday right the day after night 6, and tells you you need to be there to look after the animatronics to make sure they don't hurt anyone. That's when the children incident happend, if I'm not mistaken.

I heard somewhere that the maniac had already begun stuffing the kids bodies inside of the suits over your shift. Then after he had been captured and arrested the place began to shut down, but then the anamatronics, who have a built in, but tampered with facial I-D system connected to a criminal database, go and bite you, thinking you're the person that stuffed the kids inside. 

• Administrators

The Bite of '87 happened after FNAF 2. Not surprising, it's also when your character works the day shift to make sure nothing happens to the animatronics and the children. There's a creepypasta floating around the Internet that sparked several fan-made animations of how the event went down. Definitely recommend watching to get a gist of what might've happened. At this time, all of the bots are already haunted. We know this to be true because in FNAF, Foxy is set out of order, unlike the others. This leads to heavy speculation that Foxy was responsible for the Bite (and that he had very jagged teeth).

Also recall that the Marionette is one of the first kids to die. They were seen with the man in purple, and somehow turned into the Marionette. It's odd to think that the man in purple could also be the one who stole the Golden Freddy suit, as that man is knowingly responsible for the murder of two children. He was then arrested. Later on, five children were reported missing  altogether, and were linked to the incident. This all occurred at the very original Fazbear's Pizzeria, of course.  That means two children were known to be led into the backroom via video surveillance but the other three were just reported missing and somehow got tied into the murder. For some reason, the lore brought in FNAF 2 doesn't match up to what was reported in FNAF. 

Yet, it makes sense. Four of the children were lured to their death by the man in the Golden Freddy costume. Meanwhile, one of the kids - who felt alone - went with the man in the purple suit, thus making him become the Marionette. What doesn't make sense, however, is why in the dead mini-games, the letters to "SAVE THEM" are constantly repeated while following the Marionette as Freddy, giving cake what looks like 6 kids, and watching the Marionette give life to the original four animatronics. Is this the way the Marionette could save "them"? Did the kid feel guilty about letting the others suffer, thus attempting redemption via resurrection?

Speaking of the Golden Freddy suit, when encountering it in FNAF 2, it's practically non-existent. He is not physically there, and fades in and out from reality. On a supernatural note, in FNAF, he appears to be physical yet can get into the office even with all doors shut. Plus, it appears he has no endo-skeleton, thus, just a costume. A reference to the stolen suit, no doubt.

The killer could not be the Marionette because he is actually responsible for giving life back to the four dead children in Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, and Freddy costumes. That being said, there would be a total of five dead children - meaning they are the ones who were reported missing.

In FNAF 2, the old animatronics will come after you, but are not fooled by the Freddy mask. Because they are the old robots, they do not have the criminal ID recognition system in them. They are after you for a different reason. These robots are haunted by the souls of the dead children. I think the 2.0 animatronics do have the criminal check, hence why putting the mask on CAN fool them since they think you are one of them. Those bots are not haunted.

In FNAF, the old animatronics are brought back and re-instated (while the newer ones are scrapped all together). The revamped older bots now have been programmed with one specific rule to be noted: any endo-skeleton needed to have its suit on, possibly to not scare the children. As a result, they would try to force your character into a suit since they are programmed to do so.

Note that most of these are seen from the death mini-games in FNAF 2.

Theory on why the old guys are back!!!

The Theory:

"As heard within this URL's video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nze7RzwfXgg), if you've listened to the audio/video it starts out with the new Bonnie talking to a kid, then moves onto her talking about "Freddy Fazbear's afterhours", and then we move onto the new Bonnie talking shit about the old Bonnie with having "no face" and "her being the better one" and "nobody liked you anyways". So, this might have a link to (as seen in the trailer) the dismantled Bonnie having been reactivated "mysteriously." Now with the evidence shown, here's the theory. Because of the new versions of the old characters, these old ones are seeking revenge for being destroyed. And the only one standing in the way of the older models taking revenge is YOU! So, they might think "if I eliminate the guard, I can take out the newer models and reclaim my former glory." Now, I might be wrong but I might be right. Leave a comment on your thoughts of the theory I came up with from these games

-CODBO2RGM2

Edited by CODBO2RGM2

The Bite of '87 happened after FNAF 2. Not surprising, it's also when your character works the day shift to make sure nothing happens to the animatronics and the children. There's a creepypasta floating around the Internet that sparked several fan-made animations of how the event went down. Definitely recommend watching to get a gist of what might've happened. At this time, all of the bots are already haunted. We know this to be true because in FNAF, Foxy is set out of order, unlike the others. This leads to heavy speculation that Foxy was responsible for the Bite (and that he had very jagged teeth).

Also recall that the Marionette is one of the first kids to die. They were seen with the man in purple, and somehow turned into the Marionette. It's odd to think that the man in purple could also be the one who stole the Golden Freddy suit, as that man is knowingly responsible for the murder of two children. He was then arrested. Later on, five children were reported missing  altogether, and were linked to the incident. This all occurred at the very original Fazbear's Pizzeria, of course.  That means two children were known to be led into the backroom via video surveillance but the other three were just reported missing and somehow got tied into the murder. For some reason, the lore brought in FNAF 2 doesn't match up to what was reported in FNAF. 

Yet, it makes sense. Four of the children were lured to their death by the man in the Golden Freddy costume. Meanwhile, one of the kids - who felt alone - went with the man in the purple suit, thus making him become the Marionette. What doesn't make sense, however, is why in the dead mini-games, the letters to "SAVE THEM" are constantly repeated while following the Marionette as Freddy, giving cake what looks like 6 kids, and watching the Marionette give life to the original four animatronics. Is this the way the Marionette could save "them"? Did the kid feel guilty about letting the others suffer, thus attempting redemption via resurrection?

The killer could not be the Marionette because he is actually responsible for giving life back to the four dead children in Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, and Freddy costumes. That being said, there would be a total of five dead children - meaning they are the ones who were reported missing.

@InfestLithium The game strongly hints that the Purple Man is behind the death of all the children. First off we see him killing the kid outside, then there's another minigame where you play as Foxy as he steps out of Pirate Cove and into a room with 5 children anxiously waiting for Foxy to cheer them up. This sequence repeats three times. And what's interesting is that the third time you step out of Pirate Cove, the purple man can be seen standing against the wall to your left, then when you enter the room full of kids, they're all dead and the game ends.

Lastly, the minigame where you play as Freddy and you follow the Marionette, there's a chance you encounter the Purple Man. He walks up to you and if he catches you the screen flashes with the words "you can't" right before it ends.

I think the SAVE THEM refers to the animatronics rather than to the marionette. They're supposed to entertain the children and look after them after all, so it would make sense that they'd try to save the kids. 

My best guess is that the purple man is the first night shift guy you replace in the second game after he complained about "conditions" and got moved to the day shift. Because during Night 3, phone guy talks excessively about him. Then during the 4th night, phone guy mentions someone probably tampered with the facial recognitions systems of the animatronics, (most likely to avoid being caught.) Then during night 5, phone guy says the building is on lockdown and that no one is allowed in or out. "y'know, especially concerning any.. previous employees" he then goes on to say that you can be moved to the day shift because a position just became available.  

So it's clear that the first night guard got fired between night 4 and 5.

• Administrators

@ Ah, I had never witnessed the Foxy mini-game. And on top of that, I don't think I ever encountered the Purple Man - never been lucky enough to so much as fully catch the Marionette. I've gotten as far as the big gift box at the end but mucked up and didn't bother to go in it. I touched one of the dead kids (if that's what those hunched bodies were).

However, it's interesting that you hear "SAVE THEM" the entire game but the Purple Man straight up tells you that you can't. Would the burden then fall on those animatronics, as you said? They're guilt-ridden that they couldn't prevent the murder? I know the phrase "SAVE THEM" changes into something else in the Giving Life mini-game, but I can't remember what it said.

Not a bad speculation! Those animatronics certainly were after him, possibly because he had a criminal background and they recognized him in their database? That would make sense why he would be switched to the day shift - to avoid them coming after him since he knew he was in the rough. Like you said, the system was tampered with in order toe elude them. But seemingly enough, the old animatronics would remember.

When you link things up...that leaves you with two open possibilities: 1) the original five kids were killed when the Purple Man was still a night guard or 2) the Purple Man killed the kids after being fired, during the Bite of '87 (a perfect distraction). Logically, I would lean more towards the 1st once since the animatronics were coming specifically after him before his termination. And on top of that, the Golden Freddy suit was gone - that is why if you're unlucky enough to see it, it's not really there but haunts your character. Same for FNAF.

What I think what happened was the DAY shift guy whom you replace took the kids into the back room while in the golden freddy suit. Then, he stuffed the bodies of the kids into the anamatronics (which is why in FNAF1 they are said to leak mucus and blood). He was then apprehended. Later, you were moved to the day shift and the anamatronics start acting weird. They see you in the uniform right next to them, and out of a fit of revenge, one of them bites your frontal lobe off thinking you're the regular day-shift murderer. 

@ @InfestLithium The location of the minigame where you're Freddy giving cake to the kids - while the first kid gets killed outside by the Purple Man - is drastically different from any of the other minigames' (it's only one small one with one exit leading outside), this must mean the first child murder happend at the very first Fazbear location, the Diner. 

This is backed up by the fact the Phone Guy mentions on the very first night that they spent a small fortune on facial recognition for the new animatronics which is linked to a criminal database so they can detect a predator from a mile away.

This sounds like it was the result of a bad experience in the past, like they needed facial recognition in the new animatronics to avoid another incident. And interestingly enough, even before this, the Phone Guy tries to reassure you that there's really nothing wrong with the company, and that you need to forget any rumors you may have heard about their old location. 

Then another thing. During night 2, he says that by now you probably noticed the older broken models in the back room. He explains that they were from the previous location, that they tried to repair them but they were too ugly, and that there was a horrible smell coming from them.

Finally, this particular line from night 1.

"So they can detect a predator a mile away. Heck, we should be paying them to guard you"

Subtle hint?

@ @InfestLithium The location of the minigame where you're Freddy giving cake to the kids - while the first kid gets killed outside by the Purple Man - is drastically different from any of the other minigames' (it's only one small one with one exit leading outside), this must mean the first child murder happend at the very first Fazbear location, the Diner. 

This is backed up by the fact the Phone Guy mentions on the very first night that they spent a small fortune on facial recognition for the new animatronics which is linked to a criminal database so they can detect a predator from a mile away.

This sounds like it was the result of a bad experience in the past, like they needed facial recognition in the new animatronics to avoid another incident. And interestingly enough, even before this, the Phone Guy tries to reassure you that there's really nothing wrong with the company, and that you need to forget any rumors you may have heard about their old location. 

Then another thing. During night 2, he says that by now you probably noticed the older broken models in the back room. He explains that they were from the previous location, that they tried to repair them but they were too ugly, and that there was a horrible smell coming from them.

Finally, this particular line from night 1.

"So they can detect a predator a mile away. Heck, we should be paying them to guard you"

Subtle hint?

Exactly what I thought, that Minigame is how the marionette was created and may show how the first location closed. What I would like to point out is that we get a lot of information from Phone Guy, how do we know that he is not lying? The one thing that really bugs me is how on night 6 he asks what are you doing there. Unless he has a chip implanted into you or something he wouldn't know that. Unless when he talks about someone using the golden freddy suit he is trying to hide that it is himself and that he is in the building, he doesn't want you to try and leave the building because, well he doesn't want you to catch him in the act. Notice how he leaves out a huge chunk of details about what is going on. I think that Phone Guy is the purple man just simply from the fact that one of his sprites holds a phone and has a night badge. I created a whole theory and emailed it to some guy on Youtube in hopes that he can explain it better and stuff, if you wan't I can expand on why I think Phone Guy is Golden Freddy more and why I think that he has a big part to play still.

@Nightmare Voyager I assume he either checks in every night via phone, or he saw or heard that all the lights were on in the restaurant despite it being closed due to ongoing investigations, and called the guard (you) in response.  The Phone Guy can't be the murderer, because the murderer was caught in the end remember. Yet the Phone Guy is still present in the first game.

I don't think he's lying to you. He leaves out major chunks and never goes into detail because obviously the restaurant's reputation is not very good to begin with, so it makes sense for him to be vague about events and that also explains why he reassures you on multiple occasions that everything's fine, and that you needn't pay any attention to rumors about the place.

It said that they had arrested someone but we do not actually know whether they were definitely the murderer. Phone guy could have even framed Jeremy. Why would the purple sprite hold a phone and have a golden badge if it wasn't meant to be phone guy? That purple man appears in the save them minigames where he then says you can't. In that minigame there are like five bodies scattered around the pizzeria. There are new and old animatronics in it so I'm guessing it's set in 2 and could even be what has happened that got them closed down. Also why at the end of some of phone guys phone calls does golden freddy pop up ad the weds it's me appear. Maybe Mike had a past experience with golden freddy that was suppressed from childhood, it would make a great plot for fredbears family diner. I can't remember which interview but in one Scott said that the story is hidden in the game and that Phone Guy can't be trusted simply because he is lying or is just passing on rumours.

It said that they had arrested someone but we do not actually know whether they were definitely the murderer. Phone guy could have even framed Jeremy. Why would the purple sprite hold a phone and have a golden badge if it wasn't meant to be phone guy? That purple man appears in the save them minigames where he then says you can't. In that minigame there are like five bodies scattered around the pizzeria. There are new and old animatronics in it so I'm guessing it's set in 2 and could even be what has happened that got them closed down. Also why at the end of some of phone guys phone calls does golden freddy pop up ad the weds it's me appear. Maybe Mike had a past experience with golden freddy that was suppressed from childhood, it would make a great plot for fredbears family diner. I can't remember which interview but in one Scott said that the story is hidden in the game and that Phone Guy can't be trusted simply because he is lying or is just passing on rumours.

Oh btw I think that when Chica stuffed Phone Guy into an animatronic, she  stuffed him into Golden Freddy like a fitting end for him, thats something I am not yet sure on though but yeah just wanted to add that.

Why would the purple sprite hold a phone and have a golden badge if it wasn't meant to be phone guy?

Also why at the end of some of phone guys phone calls does golden freddy pop up ad the weds it's me appear.

I can't remember which interview but in one Scott said that the story is hidden in the game and that Phone Guy can't be trusted simply because he is lying or is just passing on rumours.

Purple_man.png

Why would the Phone Guy be wearing a security badge, and why would he have a phone with him whilst he's in the restaurant? Also knowing the dude steps up to you and kills you right away, it's highly unlikely he did so with his phone. It could be any tool, really. Like a hammer.

The Golden Freddy which appears in the game is likely just an illusion, seeing as it doesn't cast any shadows. Probably after the Phone Guy told you all about it, your mind went cray-cray.

Finally, the Phone Guy never once actually lied to you if I recall correctly. Despite his vagueness, he's very helpful. And him not wanting you to catch him in the act doesn't make sense, considering the murders and the stealing of the suit happend during the day.

Why would the purple sprite hold a phone and have a golden badge if it wasn't meant to be phone guy?

Also why at the end of some of phone guys phone calls does golden freddy pop up ad the weds it's me appear.

I can't remember which interview but in one Scott said that the story is hidden in the game and that Phone Guy can't be trusted simply because he is lying or is just passing on rumours.

Purple_man.png

Why would the Phone Guy be wearing a security badge, and why would he have a phone with him whilst he's in the restaurant? Also knowing the dude steps up to you and kills you right away, it's highly unlikely he did so with his phone. It could be any tool, really. Like a hammer.

The Golden Freddy which appears in the game is likely just an illusion, seeing as it doesn't cast any shadows. Probably after the Phone Guy told you all about it, your mind went cray-cray.

Finally, the Phone Guy never once actually lied to you if I recall correctly. Despite his vagueness, he's very helpful. And him not wanting you to catch him in the act doesn't make sense, considering the murders and the stealing of the suit happend during the day.

We do not know when that minigame is set, Phone Guy was the security guard so the security badge would make sense, also it really looks like a phone I dont know if it is one as we have no confirmation but otherwise I would not know what it is really. I dont think any theory is wrong or right at the moment until we have more concrete evidence than a minigame, its like zombies really, all you can do is like theorize who certain people are and what they look like.

• 4 weeks later...