Wha~? WHY?!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the FUCK did Treyarch think monkeys were good in this map? Playing solo on this map is such a pain in the FUCKING ass. 

Well, one strategy I used to use was to get power on and buy only flopper, then I would try and hold that spot as long as I could trying to obtain Jugg for free from the monkeys. As long as it was not QR you got, you could obtain perks that were still in inaccessible areas and thus, the monkeys could not attack them... only Flopper. Eventually you will get Jugg and if you get power on as early as possible you can get the monkey rounds started early too.

You can train in the spawn easily without Jugg and just head to flopper when it's a monkey round, and just flop down the stairs to kill them. Once you obtain Jugg without opening that spot you can open the entire map, PaP and then train down in the PaP launch pad room and train without real fear of dying. Then you can protect Mule Kick and Speed Cola from the steps and keep them permanently. Only perk you will lose if Flopper but you can buy it back again easily.

You can, if done right protect Mule Kick, Speed and Flopper together by setting the fire trap down the stairs from Mule Kick and kill the 2-3 monkeys that drop in that area then drop out the hole in the wall and run to Flopper and you can usually save it before it get's taken.

Yeah, but the whole point of it is try and get Jugg without opening it, then you can more or less protect Mule, Speed and PHD, keeping all 4 perks. If you plan on buying QR instead of say Mule Kick, then you can just protect QR and buy speed and PHD back if they get taken, but 9/10 times you can get to PHD from QR and covef it still.

I admit it's not a great solution, but it's better than losing Jugg mid round on a monkey round, especially after round 50. The monkeys seem to become brutally difficult around that point.

I find cool monkeys and not harder than the minions in Die rise ^ _ ^ 
And even better, they can easily get 6-7 perks thanks to them! 

The monkeys in Ascension vary in difficulty based on the colour of their jackets, and they are not easier to deal with when compared to the Nova Crawlers on Die Rise.

On solo there is only 2 crawlers spawning in at any one time and they can be delt with easily with the Trample Steam or a decent gun. They also peak in difficulty after their 10th spawn in, where as the monkeys continue to increase in difficulty. If you have no ammo in the Thundergun after round 50 on Ascension you may as well let them take all the perks and then try to finish them off with traps until you can repurchase each perk again.

Also, your video link just explains the exact same strategy I put forward to the OP in my first comment with the exception of him saying how to get all 6 perks, which is pointless on solo as you will ultimately loose a few of them when you eventually open up the whole map. It is only worth doing it to try and get Jugg free so you do not have to open up any of the doors leading to Jugg.

Posted 27 July 2014 - 18:16 PM

The monkeys in Ascension vary in difficulty based on the colour of their jackets, and they are not easier to deal with when compared to the Nova Crawlers on Die Rise.

On solo there is only 2 crawlers spawning in at any one time and they can be delt with easily with the Trample Steam or a decent gun. They also peak in difficulty after their 10th spawn in, where as the monkeys continue to increase in difficulty. If you have no ammo in the Thundergun after round 50 on Ascension you may as well let them take all the perks and then try to finish them off with traps until you can repurchase each perk again.

Also, your video link just explains the exact same strategy I put forward to the OP in my first comment with the exception of him saying how to get all 6 perks, which is pointless on solo as you will ultimately loose a few of them when you eventually open up the whole map. It is only worth doing it to try and get Jugg free so you do not have to open up any of the doors leading to Jugg.

Thank you I did not know about the jacket monkeys  :)

Edited by Stronghold

Really? The 3 different colours depict the monkey's difficulty? At first I thought that was a full troll, then I saw it was you DBZ, are you trolling? Hahah. (Jokes)

I never really played much Ascension, I was too pissed off from playing FIVE hardcore.

Why the FUCK did Treyarch think monkeys were good in this map? Playing solo on this map is such a pain in the FUCKING ass.

Why did they put monkeys in the "Space Race" map? Here's why -

SpaceMonkeys_zpsdfc01938.png

090528-06-space-monkey-ham_big.jpg

Ham the Chimp (pictured above)

Ham (July 1956 – January 19, 1983), also known as Ham the Chimp and Ham the Astrochimp, was a chimpanzee and the first Hominidae launched into space, on 31 January 1961, as part of America's space program.

(The monkeys/chimpanze in Ascension are actually wearing the same suit as the American Chimp, not a Russian. Russia didn't launch one until 1983.)

Soviet Union and Russia

The Soviet/Russian space program in the Bion program in 1980s and 1990s satellites used only the rhesus species. The names of the monkeys started with each letter of the Russian alphabet sequentially (А, Б, В, Г, Д, Е, Ж, З...). Most of animals survived, except for a single fatality, after which the program was cancelled.

The first Soviet monkeys, Abrek and Bion, flew on Bion 6. They were aloft from December 14, 1983 – December 20, 1983.

Have you ever heard the Secret Radio recordings from "Yuri" who was working on "Project Mercury"?

This is probably who Yuri is based on - Yuri Gagarin was a Russian-Soviet pilot and cosmonaut. He was the first human to journey into outer space, when his Vostok spacecraft completed an orbit of the Earth on 12 April 1961.

And this is probably Project Mercury (even though it's American)

Project Mercury was the first human spaceflight program of the United States led by its newly created space agency NASA. It ran from 1959 through 1963 with the goal of putting a human in orbit around the Earth, and doing it before the Soviet Union, as part of the early space race.

That, would be why monkeys are is Ascension.

Credit to @MixMasterNut for this awesome research on the Space Chimps. Check out his post here

Really? The 3 different colours depict the monkey's difficulty? At first I thought that was a full troll, then I saw it was you DBZ, are you trolling? Hahah. (Jokes)

I never really played much Ascension, I was too pissed off from playing FIVE hardcore.

Yep... really. They differentiate on strength based on colour. Green seems to be the toughest of the group followed by Red. White seemed the weakest. We tested this out a long time ago by knifing various ones and seeing how many knifes it took to kill them on the same round.

I also think the colour determains how quick they take the perk machine. Green seem to guarantee a perk lose the minute they touch a machine even if you kill them within a second of them getting on it, where as the other 2 colours seem to be able to be killed while on the machines and you save the perk still.

Solo, i opened the top.

Claymores are your friend. Drop them facing out of the map so they don't explode, the cccp wall by phd is perfect. Come monkey rounds, drop them by phd and sort of play short stop between there and start. All along, set up Claymores by qr and the stairs to jugger. Since you wouldn't train in the start room, no zombies ever load there so your Claymores stay safe.

I would train with jugger, qr, phd and that's it, at the flopper lander.